Lineage 2

J

Jonaldo

My mentalist Cornell has been reborne as a Dark Elf mage in a new beta :) graphics are purrrty!

Lineage 2 is the game. Shame it's all in Korean atm tho ;)

This is the Dark Elf hometown underground in a mountain.

elftown.jpg

Here
are
a
few
various
screenshots
of
me.

E

Ekydus

The graphics look good and shit at the same time.

O

old.Tohtori

If you played Lineage 1, like i did for three whole days(gosh gasp!) you'd notice quite an improvement :D

ss_64.jpg

Muaha. Can't wait, they had an auto-train dummy in 1 that you could use to "train" yourself to level 5.

Now give that to the DAoC wine association.

J

Jonaldo

Well considering it's still in early beta stages and all the graphics and animation beats DAoC silly I don't think that will be the problem. I haven't yet noticed any shit graphics.
I think maybe some classes need some tweaking and possibly combat needs some work on it as it seems a little simplistic at the moment. Alltho I didn't take my fighter past level 3 so probably haven't got enough experience to comment fully on that aspect :p

The Dark Elf area has a very dark and gothic feel to it although the towns are a little small for my liking.
It's well worth making an Orc character just to see the spawn area with a huge rotating 3 headed flaming statue thing in the middle.
Human area seems like your typical grass/water blahblah human rpg space.
Not made an Elf or Dwarf yet so can't comment.

Main gripe with the game is the Dwarf graphics. In a game where all the avatars look awesome and fairly real and nasty, they throw some weird animé Sailor Moon looking cartoon shit in the middle that is just totally out of place with everything else. Hopefully these are just some temporary sprites that will be replaced in time.

I'll definitely be applying for the US beta which should start in the next month or two.

S

Sharma

Looks good, will try it when its in English though :D

J

Jonaldo

Well it's 20% English so far. The US will do their usual pathetic attempts and make it about 25% English when it reaches there :p

K

kalgarn

Originally posted by old.Tohtori
ss_64.jpg
i remember this,played the beta for a while too.was pretty crappy,well i got constantlly Pk'ed anyway and gave up :p
weren't there problems afterwards with korean people going mental about this game and killing ppl irl over it? ;)

J

Jonaldo

Originally posted by kalgarn
i remember this,played the beta for a while too.was pretty crappy,well i got constantlly Pk'ed anyway and gave up :p
weren't there problems afterwards with korean people going mental about this game and killing ppl irl over it? ;)
<kills Kalgarn irl>

D

dukat_lionheart

Originally posted by kalgarn

wtf? lol? crazy!

M

m1nd

uhm...stay at topic guys :D
lvl5 DarkElf Archerkindwarrior @ serv11 reporting in (thanks 2 GOA 4 letting me play this game)
>:)

M

m1nd

after 1 day I must say this game is VERY interesting, but it's full of little, annoying things...
ok, this is a korean beta, but still, not being able to understand what NPCs and even PCs talk about makes me nervous after a few hours.
levelling is kinda boring after a few levels --- xping in a party is not really useful tbh (afai experienced), as a fighter you don't have real styles, you just press the button and p00f, mob killed.
I became some kind of archer with my Dark Elf Warrior, it was fun for like an hour, then it turned into mechanism as well - PowerShot, Shot, Shot - Sword+Shield - Slash Slash - Repeat
daoc flashback, without styles and stuff :D
not being able to train ANYTHING until lvl7 with a few classes is also annoying - they want me to exp with a plain ward and a Soul Cry ability for hours (in case of Orc Mage)? eeek...I checked the whole spell system and skill tree @ L2C site, it's nice, but when you get ingame, you get NOTHING but a few passive abilites (still the Orc Mage case), and you think "ok ok, i'm an orc mage, i wanna cast somethin evil, harsh and twisty"..
i'm impatient, but this is a beta test afaik, where actually we TEST the features from the very first minute :)
though, this was one day only - I know nothin about social stuff, advanced classes, siege system, clans and alliances and such things, so there is lot more to see and experience. I know I sound like an mmorp newb who wants ALL and NOW :drink: , nevermind :D
Guess I'll just have to wait til US beta comes out, hopefully with more features (they said somethin about new classes and/or races as well), we'll see...
Sum : Good ideas, excellent graphics but didnt impress me THAT much at first.
Won't stop playing it tho - at least til GOA fixes the subs page :bore:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom