Lineage 2

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
Any of you gonna play Lineage 2, or at least the open beta?
I finally got my serial etc so wondering what servers daoc people are on, if they are anywhere :p

Ranger

Fledgling Freddie
i am when i get my key :(
been waiting like a week now :mad:

PS, if anyones got a spare, send me a pm :fluffle:

old.windforce

Part of the furniture
Straef said:
Any of you gonna play Lineage 2, or at least the open beta?
I finally got my serial etc so wondering what servers daoc people are on, if they are anywhere :p

nerf!

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
well i had two, gave one to my cousin tho (reavaah etc :p).

took like 2 weeks to get me a key, and when registering u need to verify ur email aswell, with a link in a message... which took like 1-2 hours to get too :s

A

Aoln

CD key came within a minute for me? So did the rest of stuff infact o0

Funkybunny

Banned
if anyone got 3 spare keys.. plz send em here.. :) reason i need 3 keys is that im a member of a computerclub... were 5 "mmorpg-fans" who would love to play lineage2.. but we have only received 2 keys so far... so if anyone got a key to spare or three.. plz send me a pm :)

Zaffa

Can't get enough of FH
playing it abit, used to play on server 4 as its not really that populated and u can allmost allways get in, but moving to server 1 as i just find out i know some ppl there o0

carmena

Fledgling Freddie
Got cd-key in like 10 mins but when regestering for login when clicked on link i havnt gotten it to either of 3 email adresses in 1 week :twak:

Phusion

Fledgling Freddie
took them one week to sent me a cd-key and the account details etc. some old daoc players are play sieghart

I wouldnt go near a game that took that long time :)
GOA is slow and bad as it is but they didnt start off with 1-2 weeks w8ing time to get a cd key :p

Zaffa

Can't get enough of FH
maybe sign up before the open beta started, i got mine right away, but ppl seems to be getting keys very slow after the game got released, maybe to make sure the ppl that are in the test allways can get in, and to remove some pressure from there servers / login server?

by only sending out a max number aday, sounds pretty smart to me, something im pretty sure goa would never think of ;o

Ivan

Fledgling Freddie
Strange thing is happening to me, i log in, select server, log onto server, get char selection screen ...... and nothing else ..... since i dont have any chars yet this is where the game stops for me :( Cant type in a new name or do anything. Need some help :(

Amelyn

Fledgling Freddie
Lin2 looks interesting, very diffrent from DAoC. Did a lil closed beta and got the taste of it :)
I'll consider starting a char up, dunno if im ready to start another mmorpg yet though :eek7:
However I think the unofficial Euro server is server 3 - Kain. Might be lotsa non-english on the server, but timediffrences will have big impact on this game. Doing "keep-raids" for example requires u to show at a specified time and they last for hours. So unless you're a night person id go no3.
Might see ya there!

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
zaffa i signed up before the closed beta even started, then before open beta started, and after open beta already started, so dunno bout that closed beta thing but only got key yesterday :p

game fun so far, tho im only lvl 7 xD

Cavex ElSaviour

Fledgling Freddie
im on the 3rd server, but not really my cookie though. the game play is well.. weird. not natural. even after a while the whole clicg and run system seems weird. The arrow buttons don't always seem to work. The pvp system is pretty interesting though, and i think it has potential.

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
Heheh m8 killed one guy pvp to try out, got ganked by guards million times after :)

Beck

Fledgling Freddie
I tried the open beta but decided its not for me.. lvl grind seems too much and the 'kiddie' mentality of some is just not my cup of tea.

Im sure release will be better as atm there are far more ppl then mobs so you get frustrated trying to get your 'quest' kills with loads of others also doing the same.

Just got into CoH beta so will give that a try instead.

Guess I'll be running my lvl10 DE warrior round killing random ppl soon before I close the account. :p

gervaise

Fledgling Freddie
Matriarch|Sneakers said:
I wouldnt go near a game that took that long time :)
GOA is slow and bad as it is but they didnt start off with 1-2 weeks w8ing time to get a cd key :p

A victim of popularity. Biggest open beta since UO. Nice to get the bugs sorted before launch though ;)

NCSoft started with 3 servers filled up; demand outstripped all projections. Logging in was (is) a problem so NCSoft deliberately slowed down the release of CD keys. They also added 2 servers within a week and another within week 2. Now they have announced that there will be East Coast servers 'soon' - no date but soon in the language they have been using should be before launch. 6 servers @ 5k a server. That is currently on a par with DAoC with more servers to come.

GoA didn't start out with 1-2 weeks waiting for a CD key because they didn't run an open beta. If they had and it had proved as popular as the L2 one has they most certainly would have had problems. If only they could roll out servers like NCSoft is proving capable of doing.

lacroix

Fledgling Freddie
Tried it for a week or so now and not sure what to make of it.
Some things, like the grfx and anime-style are kinda cute; even though imho DE women should have the option of looking less "slutty" :p

But even for a free game / open beta I gotta say I never seen so much institutionalized rudeness and killstealing going on. Seems the worst ever in my experience and makes even me sometimes kinda agressive (and I am normally a lamb ;) ) .... - so not sure if it would be a game for me....

Char handlings seems slow and awkward though ... and it seems slower than pve in DAoC but maybe it's due to the noobness factor atm ;)

So far, I haven't seen anything out that would beat DAoC for me (unfortunately, b/f doesn't agree with that, though :( ).

lacroix

Fledgling Freddie
gervaise said:
...GoA didn't start out with 1-2 weeks waiting for a CD key because they didn't run an open beta...
They did run an open European beta, Nov/Dec 2001- March/April 2002 if I remember correctly - only went retail in April 2002 ... don't remember any cdkey problems though, that's true. - wiped servers after beta though :( L2 would keep open beta chars when it goes retail from what the boards say, though, that's kinda nice ;)

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
FL @ lineage 2 on sieghardt xDD

clan.jpg

15 people now and muchos ex-daocers

Jjuraa

Banned
looks like a FFXI clone to me 0_o except the gfx arent quite as good. was nothing wrong with FFXI ofcourse :D just got a tad boring after a month or two

gervaise

Fledgling Freddie
lacroix said:
They did run an open European beta, Nov/Dec 2001- March/April 2002 if I remember correctly - only went retail in April 2002 ... don't remember any cdkey problems though, that's true. - wiped servers after beta though :( L2 would keep open beta chars when it goes retail from what the boards say, though, that's kinda nice ;)

It was limited and i didn't get in :-( Mythic press release -

Journalists and three thousand eager MMORPG fans that pre-registered at
www.camelot-europe.com when the beta test was announced will soon be allowed
to enter the first of three planned European servers. The second phase of
the beta testing, utilizing French and German language servers, will
continue until the highly anticipated January 21st 2002 launch in France and
the February 1st 2002 launch in the UK and Germany.

L2 now at c. 30k playing and over 50k keys issued.

Dreami

Fledgling Freddie
Played Open Beta to level 10, but it got boring. The interface sucks deep and the most of the other players are going JAJAJAJANASXDDD all the time.

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
Dreami said:
Played Open Beta to level 10, but it got boring. The interface sucks deep and the most of the other players are going JAJAJAJANASXDDD all the time.

LOL

The amount of whining the americans do put me off completely, mid excal is even a nice place compared to a lineage 2 server that's how bad it is xD

Nice game but spoiled by the community, hope it gets released in europe then may give it a proper try.

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
its in the lowbie zones, all americans are always whining there, but its very easy to trick the morons into attacking you, which results in you slaughtering all of them which causes even more whine xDDDD

but once your out of the n00b zone the worst spam is gone, and you can turn the broad chat off (the whine channel)

ofc when its pay to play it will get better its always in all those games, cuz the 13 year old twats wont be able to play it then...

Vestax

Loyal Freddie
The game Sucks, Downtime is 3x worse than daoc and the skill system/movement system/interface are terrible.

I would rather play mine sweeper online

E

Emtv

Anyone Who Has An Extra CD Key Please Send.

I need just 1 cd Key to play Lineage 2. So anyone who is able to spare one cd key please send it to rosinathman@hotmail.com . I would be so kind enough to send the person who sends me a working cd key, a private link a download page for both World Of Warcraft, and Final Fantasy Online.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom