Lineage 2

HerculesPluto

Fledgling Freddie
got my closed beta account thru 4 or 5 days ago, dont even remember signing up for it hehe, mustve been some good lies :)

upon trying it and seeing the HIDEOUS controls its yet another mmorpg with all the hype to be TEH DAOC killa! but its got a VERY logn way to getting near to daoc, as usual it sounds good on paper and previews, but general pve for mmorpgs isnt gonna get much more exciting than anything daoc currently does pretty well for the last 2 years and the simpy pvp u find in these games is nothign more than being able to kill any1 u want, which is a bit shit can do that on camlann server with proper classes ,spells,controls in camelot.

Im not DAOC troll but by playing all these new mmorpgs you really find out how good infact daoc is, its not perfect by a long way and the hideous class balancing is fucked but its SOOO much better than any of the shit on the market or coming on the market. Maybe its me but the whole realm thing is what its all about in the end, fighting next to your comrades in PVE and against enemy players is what its all about, not grouping with someone one day then being backstabbed the next day while ur afk taking a piss. Unless one of these new games comes out with the specific realms as clear cut and seperated as daoc i wont be paying for any of them. I think camelot is the benchmark so far for general pve exploring and adventuring mixed with RVR.

Things to make daoc even better

try to at least balance midgard :)

add a few more realms in the future (give ppl the choice to move their entire account into these realms with equivlant class and lvl kept intact)

add some decent economy

add some proper resource mining

the above things maybe in other games but the core of the daoc game is the main thing, adding such things isnt as much a problem as what would be needed for most other mmorpgs to get the the quality of daoc (a complete overhaul for most)

lol rant over :)

to sum up, lineage 2 = shit mess hehe

and i think its gone into open beta this weekend too, i wouldve posted earlier about this but someone banned me (adari no doubt)

dont waste the 1gig download on the client if ur on dialup, infact think twice if on broadband the server wasent too fast when i got it the other day.

HerculesPluto

Fledgling Freddie
yeh it went open this weekend
i got closed beta account last week lol

so my lvl5 figher already deleted

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
lineage2 is sooo very very bad...

lostone

Fledgling Freddie
HerculesPluto said:
yeh it went open this weekend
i got closed beta account last week lol

so my lvl5 figher already deleted
played it last night, with borrowed account, for 40 mins..

ding lvl 4 ~~

and if you think those controllers sucks... :eek:

Cyfr

Banned
I'm trying to get into open beta but they are making it hell. I've managed to get a serial but everytime I try and sign up I get
'Session Error

There was a problem retreiving your session data. You may need to LOG IN again later.

'

arrrg!

lostone

Fledgling Freddie
Cyfr said:
I'm trying to get into open beta but they are making it hell. I've managed to get a serial but everytime I try and sign up I get
'Session Error

There was a problem retreiving your session data. You may need to LOG IN again later.

'

arrrg!
keep trying.. took me a couple of hours..

Cyfr

Banned
Finaly got in and it took a few hours yes :p The server is really laggy so I think im going to wait until tomorrow, they need a better server imo :p

Healer McHeal

Fledgling Freddie
just think of it as how it went with SI, wait a few days till not so many people are signing up and it wont be so bad, everything gets laggy and screwy when loads of people start hitting the servers :)

WiZe^

Can't get enough of FH
Think linage2 looks kewl :D but ! the chars walks/runs like retards! :eek7:

Healer McHeal

Fledgling Freddie
so do male lurikeens run retarded, but no one moans about it any more :p,

seriously, if u see a male luri run you will either laugh or wanna reroll it

Moo

Fledgling Freddie
even tho my open beta accs all set up etc it wont let me in :(

Shrye

One of Freddy's beloved
It's my opinion that you're wrong in several of your statements. You're judging it on max 5 days of play (probably less, as you had to download client as well etc). Nor have you seen what Prelude offers, which is now a part of the (open) beta.

It's possibly you think that the controls is hideous, what exactly? The quickbar, the icons, what? Rather, I think that you're lost in how to control the different options properly, I'd personally switch to it immediately if the same system became available to DAoC. If it's because you don't like PnC, why don't you not just bind asdw and use those instead? Huge difference between DAoC and LA2, you got alot more freedom in how to configure your setup, whereas DAoC forces you alot more to rely on the GUI (altho, they've at least begun adding alot of slash commands lately, tho without any documentation for them).

There's not exactly many games, where you get thrown into it and can begin pvp'ing immediately - every game got it's threadmill, and it probably will stay that way for a very long time to come. Classes ain't balanced either, that's correct - however, nor are those in DAoC, so even beginning to make comparisons and forgetting to mention how unbalanced DAoC is, is plain stupid.

On the PK note; It's never been a problem for me to avoid PKs, even in the more crowded areas. Rather, I believe you're making that judgement on a few episodes which happened just before NACB char-wipe - I've PvP'd a bit, however if I had been active and were aware that chars would get wiped, I sure as heck would go around PK'ing as many as possibly too, regardless of lvl and equipment, see how much karma I could get.

However! There's quite a hefty penalty system for PK'ing, the higher the level difference, the more karma you get for killing - and the more karma you get, the higher chance you got to drop your items on death, up to 5 items! - and the harder it is to get back to neutral again. Remember, you also lose 10% xp per death, regardless how you die, suiciding on guards becomes very inefficient fast.

LA2 is indeed a nice game, and I would probably be playing it, if it weren't for the penalties involved in deaths, it's simply too time consuming to regain what's been lost on high levels, esp. with multiply deaths in skirmishes and sieges.

... played both Korean open beta, and NACB from beginning - till ToA was released ;p

Sissyfoo

Fledgling Freddie
The most appealing thing about this game is that none of you are playing it. :)

Healer McHeal

Fledgling Freddie
alot of people can log in, its just once the servers are full, no one else can log in till theres a space,

Think DAoC Beta, or even when camlann first appeared, was a nightmare to even think of loggin on :p

Garnet

Fledgling Freddie
[QUOTE='Shy]Tarutaru /panic > all[/QUOTE]

pfft Tarutaru /huh > panic :p

plomien

Fledgling Freddie
been logged in most of the night and loving it

nice.jpg

Clipse

Fledgling Freddie
I played Lineage 1 for 2 weeks just b4 DAOC came out, then Played DAOC obviously. Lineage 2 is enjoyable, but u soon realise that it a turn based fighting BS.

DAOC is truly good, its like a cross between RPG's and FPS in a way, and I don't understand why Everquest is soo much more popular.

U will see what I mean, when WOW comes out, guaranteed most of u will hate it...........

2 best games : BF Vietnam and DAOC, for pure action.

HerculesPluto

Fledgling Freddie
i agree, theres something extra to daoc's rvr, its like a very in depth FPS, can u imagine trying to run as efficiently in another game setup such as lineage 2 as ppl can do in daoc? ud be lucky just finding ppl let alone using mad skillz to ambush and the like :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom