Lil question for the GOA guys

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Is there any chance that some of the SI client problems will be hotfixed today, such as the 'unable to board boat' bug? Or should I make plans to spend my evening down at the local pub? :) I am not upset either way, would just like an idea of when it will be fixed so I can plan accordingly.

Thanks in advance.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
cHodAX said:
Is there any chance that some of the SI client problems will be hotfixed today, such as the 'unable to board boat' bug? Or should I make plans to spend my evening down at the local pub? :) I am not upset either way, would just like an idea of when it will be fixed so I can plan accordingly.

Thanks in advance.

servers just about to go down for a "hotfix" but dunno what it's fixing :)

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Flimgoblin said:
servers just about to go down for a "hotfix" but dunno what it's fixing :)

Hey who knows, it might even be the LoS fix that Sidi has needed for 2 years but Mythic never bothered to implement ^^

Seriously though, I love my SI client and want to be able to use it for RvR asap. Lets hope that fixing the boat problem isn't a serious amount of work for them. The ToA client seems to be very stable, just need SI fixing and as we say in Manchester 'the job's a goodun!' ;)

[GOA]Erivoss

[GOA] Official type person
cHodAX said:
Hey who knows, it might even be the LoS fix that Sidi has needed for 2 years but Mythic never bothered to implement ^^

Seriously though, I love my SI client and want to be able to use it for RvR asap. Lets hope that fixing the boat problem isn't a serious amount of work for them. The ToA client seems to be very stable, just need SI fixing and as we say in Manchester 'the job's a goodun!' ;)

The hot fix isn't about the boat problem. We have no fix for that just yet, waiting on Mythic to provide one. This should be done relatively quickly but as usual I cannot (and will not) give an ETA.

[GOA]Erivoss

[GOA] Official type person
Danamyr said:
What is it about then? </obvious question> :)

Hib ToA dungeons fix and some translation related issues for the French and German clients.

Milkshake

Loyal Freddie
Will those that have the SI client installed, but not ToA, recieve free days due to being unable to play?

I mean, come on, why did no-one see this coming? Didn't it work when you were beta testing it?

Esselinithia

Fledgling Freddie
Milkshake: Don't know, but there is an interesting story: I was unable to connect for months, went LD without connecting, to protect my house I paid for the account and askedmultiple friends to check it regulary + the guild checked it. They all say it was checked and when I came back the house was gone a few days ago and someone purchased the lot already to protect the village (a full village was for the guild so we can have everything and it is nice). Yet funny enough the hearth portal, etc. went to the lot so it looks like a bug anyway.

I spend not a few hours to stay awake and buy it when we can, we camped the place, and I think the house became important to me, not to mention I doubt if I will buy a new one. Tought about submiting the incident to rightnow, but checked how similar incidents are handled and how they can be handled. It looks problematic and due more people checking it, I would have witnesses, but what GOA.COM can say? They claim they all were stupid customers and they run the good service... They say, it happens, no warranty. They can say, they try to compensate, but as you see, if everything in the house would be restored in a new house I would still have no guild village around me... What can I do? Start farming and trying to get a place where with friends we can buy lots and have a similar area, it will take a lot of time.

The one thing I could expect from GOA as help, is twofold: First a listing for available lots, so have a good chance to buy them. Maybe a patch that allows web based payments for house / email reminder if it gets low on payment. And ability to buy a new buffbot account easily to be able to follow my plan if I see good lots. Of course none of these happen. And of course, many of these problems are well known and some of them doesn't apply USA edition. You can buy buffbot account easily (can start with a 7 day trial and it takes about 10 minutes to get it). There is a listing of available lots... And there are enough of them.

GOA.COM thinks the average server population should be far higher here than in USA and wonder why it leads to some zone crashes, some lags, harder time to find lots, etc. goa.com thinks english speaking players doesn't deserve 3 normal servers to be able to playin all realms. goa.com thinks half of Europe doesn't deserve to have any distributors for daoc.

If SI client doesn't work for a few days, that can make paying for houses hard for you, who don't have TOA. Will GOA.COM investigate and fix if a few of you lose houses? Will they start extensive checking? What they will do if someone buy your old lots and you end up in a case similar to my case?

I think a few free days won't fix the problems. And after a few incidents, people will start thinking: Should I pay goa.com for EU accounts, or should I invite friends to USA edition or other games? You can think about the answer.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
not being able to get on a boat in NF is hardly going to stop you paying your house rent.

and it sounds like one of your "guildies" screwed you over, nicked yer stuff and bought a new house to put it in ;)

Esselinithia

Fledgling Freddie
No, and not even the ones who paid the rent the guild had no access to remove stuff, and the friends who had access to account to pay the rent are checked and no such problem, besides in a such case: hearth portal scroll wouldn1t work or you would have a house...

Elewyth

Banned
Esselinithia said:
Milkshake: Don't know, but there is an interesting story: I was unable to connect for months, went LD without connecting, to protect my house I paid for the account and askedmultiple friends to check it regulary + the guild checked it. They all say it was checked and when I came back the house was gone a few days ago and someone purchased the lot already to protect the village (a full village was for the guild so we can have everything and it is nice). Yet funny enough the hearth portal, etc. went to the lot so it looks like a bug anyway.

I spend not a few hours to stay awake and buy it when we can, we camped the place, and I think the house became important to me, not to mention I doubt if I will buy a new one. Tought about submiting the incident to rightnow, but checked how similar incidents are handled and how they can be handled. It looks problematic and due more people checking it, I would have witnesses, but what GOA.COM can say? They claim they all were stupid customers and they run the good service... They say, it happens, no warranty. They can say, they try to compensate, but as you see, if everything in the house would be restored in a new house I would still have no guild village around me... What can I do? Start farming and trying to get a place where with friends we can buy lots and have a similar area, it will take a lot of time.

The one thing I could expect from GOA as help, is twofold: First a listing for available lots, so have a good chance to buy them. Maybe a patch that allows web based payments for house / email reminder if it gets low on payment. And ability to buy a new buffbot account easily to be able to follow my plan if I see good lots. Of course none of these happen. And of course, many of these problems are well known and some of them doesn't apply USA edition. You can buy buffbot account easily (can start with a 7 day trial and it takes about 10 minutes to get it). There is a listing of available lots... And there are enough of them.

GOA.COM thinks the average server population should be far higher here than in USA and wonder why it leads to some zone crashes, some lags, harder time to find lots, etc. goa.com thinks english speaking players doesn't deserve 3 normal servers to be able to playin all realms. goa.com thinks half of Europe doesn't deserve to have any distributors for daoc.

If SI client doesn't work for a few days, that can make paying for houses hard for you, who don't have TOA. Will GOA.COM investigate and fix if a few of you lose houses? Will they start extensive checking? What they will do if someone buy your old lots and you end up in a case similar to my case?

I think a few free days won't fix the problems. And after a few incidents, people will start thinking: Should I pay goa.com for EU accounts, or should I invite friends to USA edition or other games? You can think about the answer.

my head hurts at all this anti-goa crap you post... your ramble on about something and never really make a valid point...

you lost your house.. aaaaannnd? goa have no responsibility to look after your house if you cant log in and play..
and you want them to send you a list of available house lots? heh ok sure id like them to email me whenever the artifact i want pops.. but it aint gonna happen.. im sorry you lost your house.. but shit happens.. so go do what i did and run around looking for a new one.. or omg heres an idea.. see who owns the house now and offer to buy it from them????

USA Servers, you clearly have never played them as they have zone crashes and lag just like we do.. theyre standard of server is no different from ours.
and as has been beaten over as a DEAD HORSE we arnt getting a 3rd server because and let me be clear " THERE IS NOT ENOUGH POPULATION TO WARRANT IT" why should a company throw money over another server just for it to end up like camlann or the other low population servers.?

Esselinithia

Fledgling Freddie
The zone crash and lag frequency are very different and you can see why, check th daily connection averages for mythic and goa servers, mythic have web based access to housing information where you can find housing lots, and try to divide the english population by the population you see on USA servers, and you will see it is clearly above the population you would have for 2 servers, and check the third point, distribution which is clearly responsible for not enough population on english servers. And if you have information about people checking and paying the house and it looks like a bug investigation would be the best thing to do.

GOA.COM was responsible *for fixing their service* when your connection is all right to almost all ISPs, etc. and you cannot even log in to daoc europe, yet you can play every other game, that is a problem, A well known problem. Oh, who cares, they don't do anything about their routing. So their service is inacessible to some or many players due to their fault, their lines are weak and we see it from the NF download issues. An ISPs logo was on many goa loading screens, so an ISP is involved in it.

Yet you do your best and pay real money to keep something, and when you lose it, it clearly looks like a bug, which is another reason to look and check, I clearly stated, they cannot recover the house. But to check how it happened, and if there was a bug say: No warranty so cannot help but try to fix the bug, then they do their job.

The population is low, because most people won't learn french to buy a french version he can later patch to english and have an useless french manual and get to servers with 1.5 times of designed server population because goa.com wants more income/server than mythic, etc. They will buy USA edition they ship to overseas.

All servers (including US servers) can crash, and can have lag, but when USA edition had lag because of NF release they fixed it quickly. (The lag was mostly because people used the trial or 14 days come back period to try NF so heavier than usual server load with a new code that uses more resources. Understandable and they fixed it) most hardware + OS combo can be reliable for about 90 days of uptime, and they don't crash at same time, and zone servers can be independent of each other. So even with sane load crashes are *expected*.

When a zone crash is due to too many players in a zone, you investigate how it ended up this way. There is a designed population that the code is stresstested with, and wat can be handled without problems, if your zone gets significantly above this limit, because of 7 day trial + new free expansion combos, or because your provider tries to keep a too high population limit, you have a zone crash that can be avoided.

Same way, lag you have because of internet connection problems, are expected, you see them when you use ping / traceroute to check the cause of lag, if they aren't network related but software related you can check if it is a problem on your side (you have problems with it) or a problem on server side. If it is a problem on server side you can guess it is probably related to load on the server, chances for this can get high very quickly if you raise population limits on a server.

SI client bugs that "shouldn't prevent" anyone from paying their house includes a bug that some people doesn't see anything but their quickkar. How can you grab your money and pay the rent? how can you play with this bug? Luckily it seems

Milkshake

Loyal Freddie
I'm just flabbergasted that no-one, NO-ONE spotted that an SI client would bork with the new patch.

Beta testers? What, do they just surf forums all day? "Yeah, I'm sure it works".

Mmph.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom