lightning and contrast

blueman

Fledgling Freddie
does som1 know of a program i can use to adjust up the lightning and contrast on my computer?

Cemeterygates

Can't get enough of FH
blueman said:
does som1 know of a program i can use to adjust up the lightning and contrast on my computer?
should have that on ya monitor shouldnt u?? :eek7:

Rediknight

Can't get enough of FH
dude, if you have lightning on your machine, i'd make sure it's earthed before you do anything else :eek:

heh! sorry... What video card you got? I always thought both ATI and Nvidia have their own settings where you can change all that?

But as CG here says, use the controls on your screen first :)

blueman

Fledgling Freddie
thanks for the help but i know all that...what im after is a program that can do it. have a monitor that is dark.....have it on the brightest adjustment and have used the ati control senter to....but i need more.....no the monitor is not broken just dark...and in some games to.....so i need a program that can do it to...also have a real old comt i whant to use the program on to...

so ppls thanks for the help but please do not reply unles u know of a program for me and where to get it.

Rediknight

Can't get enough of FH
does your monitor have any presets on it? Sometimes they have a powersaving setting that is really dull...

If not, then theres something up with your screen or video card - if it's too dark and everything hard and software is set to it's brightest, then it's on the fritz, imo...

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
if you had put the gamma to full in your ati control pannel, and the screen is dark.

well there is 3 things -
monitor fucked
cable loose
GPU borked

WiZe^

Can't get enough of FH
Clearly a "General Discussion" thread :m00:

blueman

Fledgling Freddie
just forget a bout solutions....

i need a program...i know there is some out there....end of storry..

not to be rude...but been tru all this before..(last time i whanted a program)...dont remember what the name if that programe i had was now or where to get it..thats whay i ask here...any programe that works will do

i have worked whit/and played whit a computer many years know i know what to do...just whant that programe nothing else

Rediknight

Can't get enough of FH
well, go for it, but if it's producing the same issues on other monitors then i'd replace the card. If it's fine on other screens, i'd replace your screen :) both of you...

Save all this extra program stuff and get the most out of whichever bits of your 'puter are still workin ;)

thats if your budget allows - i know a decent monitor costs a few bob :(

blueman

Fledgling Freddie
Rediknight said:
well, go for it, but if it's producing the same issues on other monitors then i'd replace the card. If it's fine on other screens, i'd replace your screen :) both of you...

Save all this extra program stuff and get the most out of whichever bits of your 'puter are still workin ;)

:) hehe thanks....well its a monitor that is over 8y old now....i got lcd`s on my computers....but this is a old comp i need to brighten up.....the monitor and the video card works fine....just old comp

Wazkyr

One of Freddy's beloved
Rediknight said:

Its my monitor, not my card, 100% sure on that. But i dont find my monitor any bad becous it cant get really bright. Its a great monitor, dont see any reason to use 250 quid on a new just becous of something like this.

Void959

Fledgling Freddie
Yep, DAOC is far too dark at night imo, I always use powerstrip as its so much quicker to use a hotkey then change it on the monitor evey few minutes.

Oboy

Fledgling Freddie
Void959 said:
Yep, DAOC is far too dark at night imo, I always use powerstrip as its so much quicker to use a hotkey then change it on the monitor evey few minutes.

You know thats why its called DARK age of camelot

DocWolfe

Part of the furniture
When I had a crt and it was night in daoc, and there was any kind of glare on the monitor I couldn't see.

Now I've got a lcd I get no problems at all, I often go around without the torch on as well, where as with the crt I had it on permanently.

old.windforce

Part of the furniture
Use Google for exact location

for Gforce cards: Rivatuner (from Guru3d.com)
for Ati cards: Ati tray tools (also from Guru3d.com)

this 2 tools have loads of utility. You need Gamma adjustment and bump it to 1.5 or so. Powerstrip is NOT freeware, this 2 are.

I can't play DAOC without gamma correction or i have to use stupiud torch which is a no go in RvR imo

have fun:drink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom