Light tanks when DW nerf comes in...

Yurka

One of Freddy's beloved
How do you reckon it will affect the way people setup groups for each realm?

from one side, i think:

A) you will still need BLs (though valk/reaver etc are around)

B) You'll need higher weaponskill to get through shield users (if they are using guard rather than bodyguard)

anyway, would like to see peoples opinions on this

atos

Fledgling Freddie
um, valk does not have banelord afaik. But it you speak about interupts. Yeah I'd say valk is a good chosie instead of a bl. :eek:

Yurka

One of Freddy's beloved
true, thought they would have got warlord and bl, seems they get storm instead. Odd that, assumed they would have the same as vamp

Nate

FH is my second home
Mid groups will run as they have done (no berserkers/savages poor guys :()

Hib groups will probably switch to Vampiirs

Alb groups will probably stick with Mercs

Ati

One of Freddy's beloved
Mid groups will run as they have done (no berserkers/savages poor guys :()

Hib groups will probably switch to Vampiirs

Alb groups will probably stick with Mercs

pole armsmen + pally are of rox ;)

Rhana

Fledgling Freddie
The pole armsman can still spec shield so you will have a couple of more Slam abel toons aswell.. They allso makes nice Det. tanks and the PBAE-anti-CC abillity is a nice extra to have.

Yurka

One of Freddy's beloved
topic is about light tanks though,

so beserker/blademaster/merc you could add savage to that group depending on how you feel about them.

Do they still have a place in an 8 man group or do they have better alternatives?

bm - champ/vamp
zerker - caster/thane/valk
merc - reaver

that sort of idea... of course its going to depend on group setups, but anyway...

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
I don't think the problem is in the DW nerf, all that did was make all weapon types equal (they also stopped 2H halving parry etc). The DW 'nerf' is only more noticeable due to DW being more favoured by many classes/specs.

I think the real problem lays with how strong the shield spec line is compared to other defenses.

Every other defense, like Evade and Parry are capped at 50% whereas shield spec has no real cap, has some of the best styles and stuns of any spec line along with Engage and Guard abilities. This is hugely out of balance to other forms of passive defense.

A recent grab bag claimed that Parry had no cap either, but this contradicts a previous grab bag that said it did, so not even Mythic know their own spec lines it seems, but as a high parry spec myself I think parry is capped from my own experiances.

If they made all defenses the same and capped shield at 50% like other spec lines then at least we'd see a complete balance in the melee triangle, well, aside from Guard, Engage and styles etc but at least its a start.

Basic_X

Fledgling Freddie
Just so you know, the DW nerf allso goes for Maulers ;)

(those that is FW spec, aka 90% of em :p)

Yurka

One of Freddy's beloved
actually, it should change the situation too much tbh.

A) BLs are still needed, and the light tanks are still there with charge/det (though they may not out dps a hybrid)

B) Guard isn't used that much compared to bodyguard

C) bodyguards themselves are so hard to kill melee wise that they are hardly worth killing till the very end anyway

also light tanks are in for an "addressing" soon, so should be interesting.

pjuppe

Fledgling Freddie
elf BM's ofc! got bl's, determination that counts and charge. a no brainer.

Davejohnson

Banned
the shieldchange itself wont matter shit, if 2 enemy casters would box up to try the guard+bg combo you would just tell someone that can aeinterrupt to take over the task and go for something else..

however reavers, valks etc, might start to go 50shieldspec/cap +shield skill/spec moblock so they are not so weak to meleedmg

wittor

Can't get enough of FH
the shieldchange itself wont matter shit, if 2 enemy casters would box up to try the guard+bg combo you would just tell someone that can aeinterrupt to take over the task and go for something else..

I agree with that one, for fg fights you hardly notice it. But in 1 vs 1 you really see it :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom