Life-stealing management

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Grrr.

You spend months designing a new system, getting buy-in from all the right people, jumping through the hoops and finally writing it down in the greatest document yet known to man and then it doesn't even get considered because someone in senior management has got hold of the wrong end of the stick from a couple of vague rumours and not even read the bloody thing where it's all explained and noone has the courage to say 'you're wrong'.

I want all that time back you life-stealers !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ford prefect

Can't get enough of FH
I have been there a couple of times myself, In fact quit a couple of jobs because of it. The only way to avoid those situations it is to become management yourself. I did and now I get to ignore people :)

Malecheon

Fledgling Freddie
I want all that time back you life-stealers !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have they paid you for all the time ? If so, you haven't lost it, as for most people who aren't self-employeed (unless you're in sales), you'd have got paid the same amount if they had accepted it, so just deal and move on.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
it's nearly the most shit thing though. It's happened to me too :(
you spend your days telling yourself that management are knowledgeable, able people who know what they're doing, and then you realise you're better off playing flashbased japanese dating games on your smartphone during meetings. just like everyone else is.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Ha. This very forum only exists because of that kind of management thinking. And saying "you're wrong" (when they blatantly were) didn't make a blind bit of difference.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Faster Payments was balls. Mine was perfect.

SilverHood

FH is my second home
Heh, I used to work in an office that was Dilbert cartoons for real.

We'd have a sitiuation, laugh about it being like Dilbert in the pub, then 1 month later, we'd have a Dilbert cartoon with our exact sitiuation.

My fave was them getting me to spend weeks trying to nail down requirements, doing the design, getting it signed off by everyone, building it, then getting told that they were changing their procedures (which they'd known about for ages in advance, before they'd even comissioned the new system) which made the entire system pointless.

Personally, I think I'm gonna go down the contracter route. Charge so much that if they fuck me about, then so be it. I'll be laughing all the way to the bank.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom