TV Life is Toff

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I thought seeing trailers for this that it was a send up, but I was bored enough today to look into it a bit more and it's actually a real family.

3 episodes on iplayer, and really quite fun!

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Yeah I quite like this series its interesting because you look at them and think how can life be 'toff' then you look at the other 3 kids, and it looks like their bridges has been burnt in the aristocratic world and they really do leave with nothing.

Also, the dad; stupid fucking questions I'm not fucking answering that, haha.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
One of my mates at primary school is a lord with a huge estate. He is utterly broke too but has to maintain the estate.

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
Its real??

I thought it was a mockumentry

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Nope real. And would just wind me up watching it that they are so dumb cause they have titles

Gwadien

Nope real. And would just wind me up watching it that they are so dumb cause they have titles

Watch it, they're not all run loving they actually do quite a lot of work to be fair, could be for the cameras though

georgie

FH is my second home
Is this the same posh lot that were in a documentary about 10 years ago? Used to swear a lot, if memory serves correctly.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
Oh, I never said he wasn't. Actualy, that's mostly the reason why I like him: he's just so unashamedly an idiot.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Oh, I never said he wasn't. Actualy, that's mostly the reason why I like him: he's just so unashamedly an idiot.
And anyone born without privilege who's that much of an idiot would have had it beaten out of him by now.

Makes me want to cringe heh

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
I'm not defending his idiocy, I just enjoy the absurdity of it. It's almost a form of the poor man's paradox really, if you follow my line of thinking.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I'm not defending his idiocy, I just enjoy the absurdity of it. It's almost a form of the poor man's paradox really, if you follow my line of thinking.
Kinda. It's just how can these people exist and survive and not be on benefits.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Because maybe they refuse to give in and go on the dole?

The chap I know who is basically owned by his estate draws a wage from the estate, he is a fully qualified doctor but instead of earning silly money giving coffin dodgers a flue vaccine he is working to generate income for the estate, to keep it running.

It employs loads of people, not to mention the 20-30 low income houses on the estate - not crappy nu-builds but decent cottages. If he packed it all in, a bunch of people would be homeless, a bunch of people would be out of work and some banker cunt would have a country pad.

Not all toffs are rich and not all toffs are arseholes.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Because maybe they refuse to give in and go on the dole?

Not all toffs are rich and not all toffs are arseholes.

He's FUCKING LOADED.

Flog that house, never mind his couple of dozen other properties or his three thousand acres and he'd have more wealth than the vast majority of humans could earn with a lifetime of fucking hard work and he'd still have an unimaginable level of asset-security.

So what if he's cash poor? Sell some of those fucking assets you never earned you useless cunt.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Show like that a few years ago..the guy who inherited the stately home was completely broke but felt obliged to turn it into a profitable business for the staff..he started a posh b&b and was working 18 hour days..it was losing money hand over fist at first and he was living in a massive stately home on 40 quid a week income benefits.

Gwadien

He's FUCKING LOADED.

Flog that house, never mind his couple of dozen other properties or his three thousand acres and he'd have more wealth than the vast majority of humans could earn with a lifetime of fucking hard work and he'd still have an unimaginable level of asset-security.

So what if he's cash poor? Sell some of those fucking assets you never earned you useless cunt.

It's interesting to be honest, you should watch it, I think when you're the landed aristocracy, it's not about ignoring the peasants and getting on with life (Which the 'new' middle classes do, traditionally factory owners)

They sort of see it as, well, we can't get rid of it, because if we do, in my family, I'll be known as the one that lost our estate which we've had for 800 years.

I think further up the social ladder you get, more relevant history/your history becomes.

Maybe it's to mask the fact that society is telling you um, maybe you should share your wealth a little bit.

Either way, I like Life is Toff, it's quite amusing, and it show's that the aristocracy are human after all, I mean, the eldest girl wants to be a marketing person, the middle (I think) wants to be an Officer in the Army whilst the youngest wants to be a social worker.

Quite humble, apart from the one that inherits the house, and the one that becomes the Officer.. :p

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
and it show's that the aristocracy are human after all, I mean, the eldest girl wants to be a marketing person, the middle (I think) wants to be an Officer in the Army whilst the youngest wants to be a social worker.

Quite humble

That's not humility. That just shows "the aristocracy" aren't any different from us.

They're not mythical "jobs creators" - they're inheritors of wealth and have no better idea what to do with their stupendous unearned riches than us. Instead that wealth, which could provide education and health to many, making a better society, is wasted.

It makes my argument that wealth creators should be allowed to be rich, but once they die they can leave a million squid and a house to their kids - the rest should go back to society.

Their kids need to be productive members of society themselves - and if they want to get rich they should create their own wealth and their own jobs rather than have 500 years of a family of socially-and-societally-apart inbred idiots with inherited titles.

Gwadien

That's not humility. That just shows "the aristocracy" aren't any different from us.

They're not mythical "jobs creators" - they're inheritors of wealth and have no better idea what to do with their stupendous unearned riches than us. Instead that wealth, which could provide education and health to many, making a better society, is wasted.

It makes my argument that wealth creators should be allowed to be rich, but once they die they can leave a million squid and a house to their kids - the rest should go back to society.

Their kids need to be productive members of society themselves - and if they want to get rich they should create their own wealth and their own jobs rather than have 500 years of a family of socially-and-societally-apart inbred idiots with inherited titles.

Isn't inheritance task for the super rich ridiculous as it is?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Isn't inheritance task for the super rich ridiculous as it is?

1) The rich get around it, and:
2) How the fuck do you think that rich toff inherits all that wealth? The program itself shows you, clearly, NO.

Gwadien

1) The rich get around it, and:
2) How the fuck do you think that rich toff inherits all that wealth? The program itself shows you, clearly, NO.

So why have the vast majority of the aristocracy had to sell off their estates so plebs can walk around them?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
So why have the vast majority of the aristocracy had to sell off their estates so plebs can walk around them?

Because estates are really really fucking expensive to run and you need proper aristocracy-style income to keep 'em running.

Over the generations the fucking idiot children have sold off the family silverware or squandered away savings - because they're retards just like the rest of us - and the only thing they've got left is assets.

But what assets tho? Just the 3000 acres of that toff cunt's land would go for about £30,000,000 - and that would be if it was being auctioned off as farmland with no buildings on it.

Skint? Get to fuck you cunt. You're rich.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom