Liddul tip on making money

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
Just sad how some people always have to try and scam their fellow players.

Tasslehoff

Fledgling Freddie
I think most of it was rather informative.

But of course there will always be scammers, just don't look at what you don't want to see. Take with you from the guide all the information on making money, and the things abusing people's stupidity should just be ignored.

Alunaa

Fledgling Freddie
Anyone remember that dorf that scammed people out of stuff on the US daoc servers? used to hang around the main town an tell people he was a master crafter or somethin then swipe all there stuff

he make a big website over it carnt remember the name though

Lones555

Fledgling Freddie
personally I think playing the game will be the most fun way to acquire money, when you start "farming" gold you know it's about time to quit and try a new game.

Tasslehoff

Fledgling Freddie
Lones555 said:
personally I think playing the game will be the most fun way to acquire money, when you start "farming" gold you know it's about time to quit and try a new game.
I half-agree with this.

On one side I've never been farming in the MMO I've played, and that was because I found it to be the most boring thing to do.

But on the other side, if you really need something expensive farming might be needed, but getting money on trading and stuff is, imo, a lot more fun than just normal farming. Unless it's like D-2, I remember having fun when having killed a mob, seeing what it dropped was always kinda nice, even though it wasen't anything really tradeable.

Tinu

Fledgling Freddie
Alunaa said:
Anyone remember that dorf that scammed people out of stuff on the US daoc servers? used to hang around the main town an tell people he was a master crafter or somethin then swipe all there stuff

he make a big website over it carnt remember the name though

Pretty sure your thinking of Nerner. Sadly I don´t remember the adress.

Chesnox

Fledgling Freddie
Nirawen said:
Krosse sends,''I played like 15 hours for that hammer''
You Send,''Really? it only took me 5mins to get one'' to krosse

lol thats funny :clap:

Is it? A guild built around the idea of griefing other players is funny eh? Or did you just find his witty forge side chat funny? Luckily Blizzard removed most of the ways these guys could scam since WoW has more secure trading, so they'll have to change their tactics for WoW. Mythic were slow to act on Darkwolves, and still havn't implemented a secure way to trade across chars on one account.

I suspect Blizzard will take a much harder line on scammers than Mythic did/do. It really ruins the game, even if it makes us chuckle when we see screenies on forums.

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Darkwolfes and other bottomfeeding scammers and griefers can burn in hell as far as im concerned.

Nirawen

Fledgling Freddie
Chesnox said:
Is it? A guild built around the idea of griefing other players is funny eh? Or did you just find his witty forge side chat funny? Luckily Blizzard removed most of the ways these guys could scam since WoW has more secure trading, so they'll have to change their tactics for WoW. Mythic were slow to act on Darkwolves, and still havn't implemented a secure way to trade across chars on one account.

I suspect Blizzard will take a much harder line on scammers than Mythic did/do. It really ruins the game, even if it makes us chuckle when we see screenies on forums.
Daoc has secure trading though, Just stupid users :D . I dont find what he did funny ( well not all of it anway ) but i like the quotes lol
:twak:

Chesnox

Fledgling Freddie
Nirawen said:
Daoc has secure trading though, Just stupid users :D . I dont find what he did funny ( well not all of it anway ) but i like the quotes lol
:twak:

No DaoC doesn't have a secure trading system. It had a system that relied on a third party, therefore trust, and thats where the scammers came in. In WoW, I can transfer items between chars on my account without relying on a third party. I never bought this whole "stupid users" thing anyway, its stupid developers not implementing a scam free trading system.

As for DW, yeah, the quotes are pretty funny if I am honest. I read most of the DW site, and although they are, in the worlds of Alan Partridge "sub-human scum", they were pretty witty "sub-human scum".

Krunch-X

Fledgling Freddie
Well up until the latest patch DW had used the Duel -> PvP exploit against Warlocks .... Duel with a Warlock, but allow them to summon their pet, then once the duel ends, the Warlock often forgot to switch the Pet back to defensive ... the next strike made by the pet enabled PvP mode ...

Stood right behind the Warlock would be a guildmate ....

Chilly

Balls of steel
you could just buy a house in daoc - theres still many plots and it doesnt cost much either. just ensure the house is secured for your account and your sorted

Chesnox

Fledgling Freddie
Chilly said:
you could just buy a house in daoc - theres still many plots and it doesnt cost much either. just ensure the house is secured for your account and your sorted

~1.5p at least. That is alot of money in DaoC, how long did it take your first ever char to have 1.5p to spare? Even with a house, transferring money between chars was impossible (or possible, but really, really fiddly).

Shady-

Fledgling Freddie
This guide is really good,can sign under his words ^^I got 280 BS and would say it is the most expensive/unprofitable profession.For getting 1-300 skill need material what can sell in AH for about 500g.What do you get instead?At 225 skill can choose between armorsmith and weaponsmith.Ok,i became weaponsmith,but then again....at 250 skill can choose between hammer/sword/axesmith.Must do stupid quests for it and so on ...Ok i became axesmith and CANT craft good highlvl blue quality armor/hammers/swords + need blue recieps for crafting fucking axes which require shitloads of expensive ingredients (20 arcanite bars is 250g+ and i need ALOT of other expensive s h i t,or need dark iron bars for dark iron axes.Can get dark iron ore only in highlvl instance and for 1 dark iron bar i need 8 dark iron ore :eek: So for 1 axe need 160 dark iron ore + some other shit called "heart of fire").How the hell can i get profit from *this* ? It's more easy to find good drops instead :puke:

keano

Fledgling Freddie
Chesnox said:
You've not played Diablo 2 then? ^^

Lagnard

Fledgling Freddie
it's sad to see people get scammed, I never got why Mythic didn't instantly ban these accounts, they have logs don't they ?

hope WoW practices the zero tolerance policy when scammers appear

vesta

Fledgling Freddie
Lagnard said:
it's sad to see people get scammed, I never got why Mythic didn't instantly ban these accounts, they have logs don't they ?

hope WoW practices the zero tolerance policy when scammers appear

You know "scamming" is and can be considered as "roleplaying" right? ;) not that i approve what this nerner dude, or any other scammer, was doing (cant say i wasnt having a laugh at the way he scam some of them) :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom