LGM Spellcrafting, how much moola to get there?

C

cHodAX

I have had estimates from 15plat right up 25p to get LGM status. I need 4 level 50 characters spellcrafting for and looking at current prices I may as well spend the extra money and get LGM rank myself. So, can anyone give a clear idea of how much it will cost to powerskill up? Thanks in advance.

C

chretien

Most of the cost is the last few points. if you're only planning to skill up to SC for your chacters and friends rather than to take orders from the wider market then you don't need to be LGM at all, you just need to be able to make the best gem you need at quality. Making the gems is the bit that SCers will charge through the nose for so if you present ready made 98/99% gems to an LGM for imbuing then should cost you significantly less.

C

cHodAX

Two of my templates require some 5pt overcharges though, is that possible for a spellcrafter without LGM rank?

C

Coim-

He means as long as you can make the gems, you can take them to a LGM SC'er, and he/she will imbue your armor/weapons with them for little to no money.

C

chretien

Originally posted by old.cHodAX
Two of my templates require some 5pt overcharges though, is that possible for a spellcrafter without LGM rank?
Nope, you want an LGM spellcrafter to do those imbues unless you're prepared to watch your kit go bang, however you don't need to be LGM yourself. Make the gems with your sub-LGM and hand them to an LGM for imbuing. Cos you've done the expensive and time consuming bit already, all they need to do is hit the combine button for which a crafter with morals should only charge you a nominal fee.

O

old.linnet

Originally posted by Coim-
He means as long as you can make the gems, you can take them to a LGM SC'er, and he/she will imbue your armor/weapons with them for little to no money.

I think it's unfair to the people who spent so much time and cash getting to LGM to assume that they will do that for a nominal fee. If I was LGM, I'd fix a price which reflected that I hadn't needed to make the stuff, but also one that wasn't an insult to my skill. IMO. Be nice to your legendary crafters ...

C

cHodAX

Originally posted by old.linnet
I think it's unfair to the people who spent so much time and cash getting to LGM to assume that they will do that for a nominal fee. If I was LGM, I'd fix a price which reflected that I hadn't needed to make the stuff, but also one that wasn't an insult to my skill. IMO. Be nice to your legendary crafters ...

Yep I agree, would always pay for their time and leave a good tip.

O

old.Sandariel

Check this one:
http://vnboards.ign.com/message.asp?topic=51381946&replies=159
Quite some nice info about SC (and other tradeskill-)costs :)

About the "how high should I skill"-issue... Well... 1001 gives you the highest chance to succeed, but it's possible to OC earlier, check:
http://vnboards.ign.com/message.asp?topic=56780117&replies=15

(There's actually quite a lot of nice Info on VN if you just ignore the whines ;))

I'd suggest to stop at something like 700 tho, you'll be able to do almost all gems you need in high qua (except focus gems), just ask a LGM SCer then if they could imbue them for you, as already suggested.

Anyway, will definitely be cheaper than skilling up all the way :)

C

Coim-

Originally posted by old.linnet
Tbh, it's not hard to imbue things, it's the gem crafting that's the time consuming part. Shouldn't have to pay much for something that's a 5 minute job.

C

chretien

That's right Coim but think about what that 5 minute job represents. It's someone who has invested a lot of money and a vast amount of time into being able to do that for you. As linnet rightly says, be nice to your LGM crafters. Be prepared to pay for their time and expertise.

C

cHodAX

Originally posted by old.Sandariel
Check this one:
Anyway, will definitely be chea...TE] Giz a loan Sandy :p You are loaded :D

O

old.Sandariel

Originally posted by old.cHodAX
Giz a loan Sandy :p You are loaded :D
Sure, just need to resubscribe quickly...

Subscription pages are under maintenance, they will be available soon as possible.

We are sorry for the inconvenience

Aww, crap :D

N

-Nxs-

From my point of view cost 11 plat to get from 0-1000 SC, making high oranges pretty much resulted in a skillup most of the time, and fairly lucky with failures in that the cheap components were lost and rarely a gem.

from 1000-1049 (which is the current cap) cost about 5 plat.

C

cHodAX

Originally posted by -Nxs-
From my point of view cost 11 plat to get from 0-1000 SC, making high oranges pretty much resulted in a skillup most of the time, and fairly lucky with failures in that the cheap components were lost and rarely a gem.

from 1000-1049 (which is the current cap) cost about 5 plat.

Much obliged to you :)

S

Solid

This doesn't sound like the ramblings of a soon to be retired Alb, Chodax, wtf you up to eh? :D

That Seat on The People's Couch wont stay reserved forever, so get ur LGM fast and retire a happy man :D

C

cHodAX

Originally posted by Solid
This doesn't sound like the ramblings of a soon to be retired Alb, Chodax, wtf you up to eh? :D

That Seat on The People's Couch wont stay reserved forever, so get ur LGM fast and retire a happy man :D

As I said before somewhere else Mr Solid sir, got 5-6 weeks to go on my subscription :) Bored shitless at the moment and cash to burn, may as well get all my toons in nice stuff so that if Mythic ever un-nerf thanes I can come back and be cannon fodder for you :p

Oh and can I get a seat far away from Nicodemus please? He has wandering hands, last time I sat next to him the bugger made off with my wallet and nekid pictures of Fattshanes that I was bribing him with :p

O

old.windforce

ill do imbues free cho if you get the gems

LGM was 16p for me

at 800 skill you can make most of the gems

C

cHodAX

Originally posted by old.windforce
ill do imbues free cho if you get the gems

LGM was 16p for me

at 800 skill you can make most of the gems

Thanks bud I might take you up on that, had 4 gem losses in 9 tries last night on low orange gems and I am only 430. Never expected to be losing so much cash so early on due to lost components.

T

Tesla Monkor

20P, and you'll most likely have some cash left. Just stop when you reach 1001. (Not 1000.. go for 1001.) :)

F

Falcon

Cost me 17 plat to get to 1001 and most people told me I was unlucky too so you should be able to do it in less, unless of course you're as unlucky as me seeing as Fletching cost me 30 plat to LGM too :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom