Levelling up a hybrid class..

B

Biggilus

Wondering how important, or not, the shield specline is for PvE?
More specifically for a thane, one way I was looking was maxing out SC and weapon, leading to a 50/50/28 final spec, or 50/42shield/39SC for slam, but if I were aiming for the second one would it be wise to pump shield up only at the end? Or keep it going as I grind sacrificing some SC as I go?

Wondering about downtime/time taken to clear a TD, is shield worth it and what lvl to my lvl should it be kept at?
I don't knwo any calculations for daoc :(

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
while leveling up specc like a warrior imo with SC to pull with.

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Level as you intend to play IMO. If you're going to be XPing with a group you'll have a shield in there anyway, as like as not, so go 50/50/27/10 (probably a slightly better spec as it at least gives you Engage) with confidence. It's a hella fun spec.

B

Biggilus

aye sorry meant to say i woudl grab engage, but id be 99% soloing as i play at weird times and task dungeons are 'fun'.
so 2h and SC, just wondering if i should keep SC and shield mroe or less even and use a 1h?
i like big hits too tho :(

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Well, by 39 Hammer you're going to be using Lambast (the higher off-parry style) as your pre-loaded reactionary style anyway, and that's where the fun DD procs come in; my Troll 2H Thane hits for well over 1,000 against yellow and low orange con targets with the Lambast/Mjollnir's Fury chain, it's very sweet (OK, MOParry 2 helps with landing that one). Think there's a shot on Thrudvang of the Thane TL doing ~1,400 to someone in RvR with that combo. By the way, I've found the Ruiner/Crumble combo to not be worth it for the low-delve DD, it's a low-damage chain with no useful effects; so just stick to Provoke as your anytime. Decent damage and bugger all End usage.

In the end it's up to you of course; I love the 50/50/27/10 spec and find it fun as hell to play, but then I'm an offence maniac anyway and I would have to admit that spec does lack somewhat in the defence department. 50 SC/39 Weapon/42 Shield/6 Parry is also fun, though you do lose out on weapon and Doomhammer damage.

B

Biggilus

was goign to respec to sword at 40 since thats getting DDs in the styles now, and also going for Slam woudl enable me to move in for two Ragnaroks, which would be pretty devastating. Otherwise I woudl have gone 50/50/27/10, Doomhammer seems like fun and thats a pure 2h ragnarok spec :p
infact maybe i will level up to that spec and pay for a respec at 50 once ive given 50/50/27/10 a good go

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
And yeah, I've been tempted by Sword, too. Maybe I'll roll me another Thane and use that Foe Slayer :D...feels like I should be Hammer though, with the whole Thor thing going on. Plus Doomhammer with my Dragonstorm is nasty.

With the new DDs, Axe is actually a very good pure-melee choice for a Thane - given that you have a 150 DD in the front chain (i.e. great for tanking) and also a 100DD in the very high-damage rear Axe chain. Maybe consider 50 Axe/42 Shield/38 SC/10 Parry. Choices, choices...

B

Biggilus

axe smells nice sure but im gonna use an axe on my savage so want a little more variation in the melee beatdown category :p
gonna head for 50/50/13shield/rest parry (went 13 shield for thid, 4s side stun and dontr wanna buy a respec just for a few points into parry)
ragnarok and doomhammer fun :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom