Levelling an Ice Wizard

J

jilson

Solo is rather lame :(

You get into a grp say in barrrows with a few friends - pbaoeing away, oh shit the merc behind me gets aggro while we pull - oh wait what a great idea lets run thru the pbaoe too get rid of it... instant death woo !

Start again 2 mins later oh why thank you mr 50 paladin running back through pbaoe with 2 vigis on him Dead.

Oh mr Necros come along for some fun blimey you pulled 3 ! well done mr necro oh wait yeh thats a good idea move closer too our pbaoe ok great yeh run through.

Well done all peeps which helped get rid of another Ice Wizz.

Moan thread. No more no less

B

Belomar

Simple solution: Don't level a PBAE character inside a (heavily populated) dungeon. Ice wizzies prefer the open sky anyway. ;)

S

stinkie

had the same prob when trying out an animist, its even worse then as you just cant stop the bugger pets from casting like u can with an ice wiz. think i died more from other peoples pulls than my own.

S

swords

also of note...dont use PBAOE at the Vigils when the Templar Avanger could walk up the stairs into the PBAOE at any time...it hurts....

J

jilson

Originally posted by swords
also of note...dont use PBAOE at the Vigils when the Templar Avanger could walk up the stairs into the PBAOE at any time...it hurts....

where downstairs doing fallens.

S

swords

i was PLing a m8 upstairs and didnt realise till it happened :p

Now he's agro to me and im not even a bloody Paladin!!!!!
and my character keeps crashing when i log him in at Berky due to my gfx card being utter utter shite.

i'll never get to HW at this rate :/

G

Garbannoch Nox

had same problem on pryd with my ice wizz - basically i ended up making 10 macros to tell people what to do ;)
(btw i still get asked what the fancy blue ring spell is doing ;))

A

adari

Originally posted by stinkie
had the same prob when trying out an animist, its even worse then as you just cant stop the bugger pets from casting like u can with an ice wiz. think i died more from other peoples pulls than my own.

it takes skill to play an animist with the current nerfs and bugs we have

your an alb

ant you see whats wrong?

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

I remember the good ol' days when Adari used to play his infiltrator and never used to be such a doink.

A

Apathy

Don't level an ice wizard. Level a fire wizard to 40 then respec to ice. Then build a little house in Avalon City!

a.

A

adari

Originally posted by Sissyfoo
I remember the good ol' days when Adari used to play his infiltrator and never used to be such a doink.

:(

S

-Shaz-

Back when I lvled odi (last year march/april) there was only basically stek as an ice wiz. I still maintain on alb (more than any other realms) going into a dungeon with a cloth caster deserves to get you killed due to... well... twats.

I basically ran around soloing everything until 35~ when people who liked ice (had to group with them a bit first so they could see my "mad skillz...") invited me to a gobbo group. Keeling weak to ice mobs such as the farmers near the dunters in lyo is a good one.... then gobbos, then tangs...only started pbaeing at twees when i started lvling him again (stopped at 45 and made a mincer, this is ages ago btw :p)

Soooo people lvling ice wizzies now...you have it easy :D

D

Draylor

Originally posted by Sissyfoo
He was, you just didnt notice ;)

Use the ignore function, its all his posts are good for these days.

P

pez

the old days when no one had a clue what pbaoe was were the best, you could just go to some heavily populated dungeon room and start casting, 99% of people had no idea you were leeching off their grp. ofc this only really worked in mithra and keltoi and when someone did notice they got kind of angry but still..

J

jilson

Originally posted by pez
the old days when no one had a clue what pbaoe was were the best, you could just go to some heavily populated dungeon room and start casting, 99% of people had no idea you were leeching off their grp. ofc this only really worked in mithra and keltoi and when someone did notice they got kind of angry but still..

and if the mobs that you get are not being taunted instant aggro too you stopping you from casting and therefore making yourself unable to pbaoe your own mobs let-alone others :clap:

P

pez

well it did take some common sense so i guess the tactic was not for everyone..

P

Puppetmistress

IMO opinion Jilson is not yet qualified as 'safe-PBAoE wizzie in overheavily overcrowded dungeons'.

If you don't know how to PBAoE, where and when don't bother levelling one from scratch. Level 1-40 just fire then respec and go somewhere to practice where there is room (Avalon City is fine for PBAoE since it's HUUUUUGE).

Hint: PBAoE in Barrows where are 60+ peeps playing isn't really smart.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom