Leveling Help!

T

Tilda

Well, I have 2 accounts, I play one on Alb excalibur, and My sister plays on Hib Prydwen, not im thinking of starting something on Mid Prydwen.

Any suggestions for classes, I was thinking about:

Healer
2h crush Zerker (yes i know about the nerf)
Some sort of nuking class although i dont know much about the mid variation's of these.

So, I have 3 requests.

1) Any suggestions as to what class I should play, i generally enjoy my cleric and nuking classes although on Alb i realy do like my Reaver.

2) Can anybody post a rough guide as to where i should be leveling or looking for groups?
Ie, an Alb one would be Cammy hills 0- 10, Plains 10- 19, Ketoi 19- 24, Cornwall + Catacombs 24- 30, Lyonesse 30 - 39, 39 - 50 Avalon (dungeon)

3) Is there any guild's that have good PvE and RvR? Any guilds I should avoid?

4) Opp's ;) Anybody want to transfer 100 ish gold from Alb Excal to Mid Prydwen? :D

5: Thought of another one, Anybody want to trade PLing up to lvl 24? ie. i PL someone on alb excal to 24 and they PL me to lvl 24 on mid excal?

Thanks

Tilda

L

Litmus

1) healers are an ok class you wont have much trouble getting a group, 2h zerker hmm, u might aswell make a 2h warrior just the same but better armour.

2)1 - 8 ft atla beach, Gna Faste 9 - 16, Vedno Cavens 17 - 25,Muslpelhiem/DF 26 - 30, Spind/Varulv(Dungeons) 30 - 40,Malmo lvl40+.

3)i dont know many guild who do both PvE and RvR :(, and i cant think of any guilds to avoid.

4) i can trade maybe about 400g to my wiz :D

O

old.Ashgen

Give me a shout mate ...

I have a healer and can kit you out at levels up to 30ish. I can also show you around and give you a hand levelling ...

I am stuck myself at 40 though, my Skald is 40 and I find it very difficult to get groups ... and hate the idea of Malmo ... and the infamous lists.

I posted here for some guidance, but it seems I am stuck with Varul or Spind ... which I have a gut full of to be honest.

Anyway, talk later maybe?

Ash

C

Cadire

Healer is probably the hardest class to play well (unless you go for a gimped aug spec :)). You have to heal, CC, buff and rezz... sometimes all within 30 seconds! You may find it hard to find a low level group as a Healer, mainly because of the buffbot population. Oh yeah, Healer has no offensive spec either. You may eventually tickle a mob to death, but it's a long drawn out affair best avoided. High PAC for good crowd control, high MEND for good heals, and high AUG for good buffs. Most healers seem to go high in PAC, medium in MEND, and pretty low in AUG (after all, what are Shammies for?)

Shaman is our 2nd line seer, but also has offensive capabilities.

Runemaster is our Realm's nuker. Enough nukes to satisfy anyone. Runecarving spec is good for all out nuking, Suppression for the group friendly pulsing bladeturn.

Warrior is a better tank than a zerker.

Easiest class to level is a Supp specced Bonedancer.

I can exchange the 100G for you, as I'm thinking of playing Excal/Albion for a while.

B

blain

Originally posted by Cadire

Shaman is our 2nd line seer, but also has offensive capabilities.

Im sorry??...........I assume that you have never heard of Cave Magic then?

O

old.Ailelun

1) Cave Shamans Are Fun With Bolts and Dot's / Suppresion RM's are always in great need, and Savage is ALOT of fun to play if you want to tank.

2) 1-8 Fort Atla/Drakes (E.Svealand/Myrkwood)
8-15 - GNA Faste/Myrkwood (Askhiem)
15-20 - Muspelhiem
20-26 Skona
26-32 Varulv
32-38 Spindel
38-50 Malmo/DF

3) Avoid Bad Omen because Blej is a fatty :> But err, Seems Onslaught/Nordic Fury/Bad Omen/Delirium/Warders/Midget Mafia are all RvR orientated (Midget Mafia and Delirium are all Hib/Excal players, so they will only want to /duel you :p

4) Im Delirium = Hib Excal so no :p

5) I dont want p/l on the biggest zerg realm ever :p

C

Cadire

Im sorry??...........I assume that you have never heard of Cave Magic then?

That would be the offensive capability then.

G

Genius-Ino

1) For class : BD and Savage are great classes. I enjoy playing my skald, though everyone says i'm nerfed (yeah yeah)

2) Already been answered

3) I've tried to look for the same guild. If you like the large guilds I'd say Nemesis. If you rather have a close friendly community I'd advice Valour.

O

old.moriath

Originally posted by Cadire

Runemaster is our Realm's nuker. Enough nukes to satisfy anyone. Runecarving spec is good for all out nuking, Suppression for the group friendly pulsing bladeturn.

Erm i think you will find that dark spec RM's are the nukers and RC is for bolts,gtaoe and aoe

C

Cadire

Typing that an RC Runie is a bolter didn't look right :)

T

Tilda

ok , im still puzzling over classes :D

runemaster,
savage
zerker
healer

all are attractive. would someone care to make further suggestions etc?

Tilda

O

old.Pepsay

Originally posted by Tilda
ok , im still puzzling over classes :D

runemaster,
savage
zerker
healer

all are attractive. would someone care to make further suggestions etc?

Tilda

kobold savage with red beard! :D

R

Roo Stercogburn

Choose between support and offense. Once this is done, choose caster or tank if offensive.

If support, decide if you want to CC or do a bit of damage. Former go healer, latter go shammy.

If you go offensive as tank, zerks are the damage dealers, but warriors keep the team alive. Thanes are amongst the best PvE chars in Mid now if you want a fun tank (I'm told). Respectable damage output, a shield and nice blocking.

If you go the caster route...

if you want long range and area offensive, RC runie. If you want massive damage output at range, dark runie. If you want to get up close and nasty as a caster roll up a suppression SM. Its worth pointing out that sup SMs are amongst the fastest levelling chars now in any realm because of the rate they can earn xp for a group due to pbae.

If you make a bonedancer, stay out of dungeons for the most part unless grouped.

Don't make:

summoning or dark SM, aug healer or SB unless you want a long difficult path to 50.

PM if you get in game and need help.

T

Tilda

as much as savages appeal to me, i dont realy want to be one of the FoTM people.

S

swords

HAHAHA Blain got PWNED!!!!!!!

still not 50? tsk...

A

afrodite_mid

I think there are very few PvE/RvR guilds that aint to small. We are one (Enhärjarna) and i know Valour are nice too.
Dunno about the smaller guilds.

O

old.tuppe

zerk is one hard hitting machine, dunno how lvl thiese days?
had 50 before we get throw axes, before throw? body pull! :) and those who lvl zerk whit this, know what i mean.
i used alott catacomb, there is nice bestiary where you can find best mobs for each dmg type.

my rm is classic rc, 47 or 46 in rc and rest in supp.
fast to xp up, get thidraki and earn 3 points for mcl.
VN site is guide for rm where best to xp.
notice caves is something i avoid when soloing.
when i was 40, i respect rc line down, put points so much to supp i get 1st pbt.
headed to malmo and after 10 min was group1, pulling and keeping pbt up.
pbt is rare and system how i made it, was usually fast in group (malmo).
longest waiting time was 2 hours if remember correct.

supp bone i have is 41.5.
xp is getting tough when solo.
armour is hard to get and you need good because you wanna mobs hit you.
if your htp is ~600 and mob hit you ~150dmg, keep buffs up too! whitout af buff, mob was hitting me close 300dmg.
early lvl suppbd is nice, after 40, pain.
suppbone xp spots? i have write my steps from ~24 to 40 in kalevala forum.
hope help someone.

healer? training now up. lvl 25 so far.
really wanted in group, different way to specs.
read Trines guide. its somewhere here, maybe newbies section.

if you wanna easy lvl:ng and quite fast? around aegir is easy do killtasks.
have lvl 2 char there doing kt.

avoid guilds?
so far all guilds i have seen is full of nice people.
offcourse there is some peeps who think he is king of the hill, but ignore and move forward :).

Kalevala is still looking new members, but we dont pl anybody.
we have sometime guildhunts, guildrvr, help each other whit epics and chat alott! :)
most of us old members have lvl solo our chars up, and learn own class that way, and want everybody do same.
there isnt shortcut for good knowlegde in class "you" have choose.

T

Thorgald

Summ specc spiritmaster!!!! :D

that and a shammy can kill WoW's easy at lvl 50 :)

N

nezzen

tilda i guess it comes down to this:

what do you like...

runemaster: hard hitter, can get pbt and the best dmg add in the realm

savage: hard hitter, good evade, parry and armor, more defensive than the zerker, can have massive dmgoutput with quad hits.

zerker: inzane dmg in bear atm, 2h crush why not (go get them pallies), same armor as savage and better evade, cant parry in bear.

healer: pac > mend > aug, u will need grp after lvl 5-6, get chain and can use a shield like a cleric, pac get insane CC, but lacks good DD's, has trouble with bluecons, a mend healer heals and does nothing else...

if u deside for a mele type and im on with notbig ill give u hand lvling... should get u to 20 in very short time...

ps. summ SM's does noting they just stand there with the dmg shield up and let the pet run amok on mobs.

P

pudzy

Healer is the class I think everone coming to midgard should start, mainly because u get groups easy and you learn the places to go and lvl at certain lvl's.

I always do

1-5 whereever i start
5 - 18 Myrkwood
18 - 24 vendo caverns
24 - 28 muspelhiem
28 - 32 Varulv
32 - 40 spindel
40 - 50 in malmo (bring drugs)

If you need help with items, I've got alot of crap left in my vaults im thinking about sorting tonight, I have pretty much everything an xp'er could want because i r a pve WHORE!!11

N

nezzen

Originally posted by/in pudzy(s) sig
i r a pve WHORE!!11

Nordic Fury

50 Shadowblade

50 Warrior

50 Shaman

50 Savage

50 Healer

45 Spiritmaster

23 Bonedancer

23 Runemaster

22 Hunter

20 Zerker

16 Ranger Camlan gimp

IS SHOWS!!!!

D

darbey

I too have recently started on Mid pryd, little disenchanted with Alb excal. Anyhow ive rolled a bone dancer for solo play and a healer for grouping. Also dabbled with a savage which is fun to play as a 2hander.
For levelling look no further than kill tasking round Aegirheim. It can take you to 20 very quickly and up to about 10 or so most of the kill tasks are in view of some of the guards. Rest of the levels have been listed above however i hear level 40+ can be dificult in mid , due to having to wait to get on lists annd stuff but as i havent reached 20 yet dont know myself.
still sussing the guild bit out but ive had Sons of Nidhug recommended to me.

M

Mid_Blejsarus

mmmmm
what mid atleast needs often i think is..
active shaman,healers both pac/mend and mend/aug ones.
by shamans i mean aug/mend ones..

Skalds often lack in rvr to, supp rm and also rm with pbt always nice to have. the pbaors is supp rm. very nice often to.
savage i would 2handed also seems with the block parry fix and something more h2h got abit more trouble or something like that after reading VN forums.. anyway you want a pve and rvr guild u say.. cant think tbh of 1 guild thats have often alot of pve hunts and rvr group(s). maybe bulle af fetstryk. otherwise i cant think of anyone.

Users who are viewing this thread