Leveling guide for Armsman

CHL

Fledgling Freddie
Is there an update one when shows the best places to go for a Slash Armsman ? ;-)

Pretty hard finding groups now at low level not alot of people around :-/

Thegreatest

Fledgling Freddie
Oh and good luck solo'ing with an armsman, you'll need it ;)

Best thing is to look for a paladin to duo with or to look for a group really, if you're slash/shield specced it won't be hard for you to find a group...S/S armsman is one of the most group friendly chars in PVE but you'll have a hard time finding groups in RVR.

Tualatin

Fledgling Freddie
if I were you, i'd consider rolling another class. Since armsmen are left in the dark for a long time, and are simply out-performed by mercenaries. Also with NF (expension, free) there's this thing called, melee's are by-otched..

so, consider a cleric, or a caster :) perhaps a pally, but enuf of those around aswell.

But it's your call, i know.. just tought you might wanted to hear this.

Ps: From 1-20, task! Go to a guard nearby, select it, type: /task and do it, more xp.. just kill blue cons.. And at 20, just find a group. As leveling guides for melee's are very very rare, and you don't wanna solo your way to 50.

CHL

Fledgling Freddie
Ok hmm so out of these two which is better option Friar or Cleric ?

I was also giving thought to making a Scout or is that a big no no ?

Cheers ;-)

Dommelsch

Fledgling Freddie
scouts will only level well if you have the option to buy crafted bows/arrows ( ..and armor ) cus else downtime will surely bore you..

Friar if you are going to solo lots, Cleric for groups rly.. though mind you that friars dont have a spot in rvr these days so grps will be hard to get

gl

Margaret

Loyal Freddie
I've heard that friars will get a lot more groups in RvR once NF comes out.

I'm not holding my breath, though.

Edit: That said, friars are a lot of fun to play, whether solo or in PvE groups.

Vindicator

One of Freddy's beloved
Dommelsch said:
scouts will only level well if you have the option to buy crafted bows/arrows ( ..and armor ) cus else downtime will surely bore you..

Friar if you are going to solo lots, Cleric for groups rly.. though mind you that friars dont have a spot in rvr these days so grps will be hard to get

gl

A smart group will take a Friar with the right setup.

Friar's offer alot of utility. Let me point a few out :D

- Can be a BG for Caster groups
- Has Resist buffs
- Cannot be buff Sheared
- Can base buff grp after death / wipe with nearly same delve as a BB
- Has insta interupt
- Fast 2h dmg with that haste, still puts out alot of damage
- Can heal and has access to Heal over time
- Get's confused as a Caster all the time < believe me thats a good thing when a NS pops on you hits you once for crap dmg and then you turn around and 3-4 shot them :eek:>
- Get's Free Beer all the time! :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom