Leveling group idea?

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
Just wondered if anyone has done any leveling groups or anything and how it went? was thinking of just grinding, and questing with instances etc could be fun and help to build experience in working in a group.

I should be coming back to WoW next week (finally hehe) and was wondering if anyone would like to join a leveling group? (on alliance/bladefist) was thinking

Priest
Warrior
Mage
Mage
druid/pally

id be wnating eithar the priest spot or warrior (got both with alot of rest bonus hehe)

we'd be starting at level 15-20 i think or something hehe :).

if anyone could give some advice would be greatly appreciated or better group setup :).

WiZe^

Can't get enough of FH
sonund like a good idea, am up for any class but druid or mage would be fhun mebbe :p

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
We did something similar a while ago.

In short; it's not very effective. (Not even with huge AE-pulls).

My suggestion is that you duo / trio normal quests - get all the quests for an instance and then do all quests in one sitting with your full group. After that you go back to duo/trioing the quests and the circle is complete.

The "just grinding" part sounds good in theory - and it can be if you find the sweet spots. Problem is you need decent level elites for the exp to be worthwhile in a full group, and they don't repop as fast as normal mobs.

Splitting the exp group at around level 48 was the best we ever did to reach 60 fast :p

All of the above is just my experience, your mileage may vary.

Foadon

Fledgling Freddie
from my xpgroup experience:
1warrior
1priest
1druid
2mages

is very nice, make sure mages have int/sta gear, and let the highest hp mage keep mob aggro, then priest can do flash heals, while druid gets in big heals

also very nice on a boss to have combat rez/innervate/tank abilities with druid

id say grinding instances is alot easier and better at later lvls, questing can take loads of time.

Foadon

Fledgling Freddie
Whisperess said:
We did something similar a while ago.

In short; it's not very effective. (Not even with huge AE-pulls).

My suggestion is that you duo / trio normal quests - get all the quests for an instance and then do all quests in one sitting with your full group. After that you go back to duo/trioing the quests and the circle is complete.

The "just grinding" part sounds good in theory - and it can be if you find the sweet spots. Problem is you need decent level elites for the exp to be worthwhile in a full group, and they don't repop as fast as normal mobs.

Splitting the exp group at around level 48 was the best we ever did to reach 60 fast :p

All of the above is just my experience, your mileage may vary.

we never had problems grinding instances, and we had a shaman as 2nd healer, we were doing 40k/hour in BRD, with nice drops, dark iron spawns, and easy pulls without any danger

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
Foadon said:
we never had problems grinding instances, and we had a shaman as 2nd healer, we were doing 40k/hour in BRD, with nice drops, dark iron spawns, and easy pulls without any danger
Grinding instances is indeed good exp, until people can't show up every now and then. During such occassions, I'd suggest the duo/trio as per my above post. It's all in the combination ;)

Afran

Part of the furniture
2 Mages is a great duo if played well. Can handle large AoE pulls with only minimal downtime. As for instances, BRD is a great place to grind in a fg due to there being so many mobs.

Tasslehoff

Fledgling Freddie
Foadon said:
from my xpgroup experience:
1warrior
1priest
1druid
2mages

is very nice, make sure mages have int/sta gear, and let the highest hp mage keep mob aggro, then priest can do flash heals, while druid gets in big heals

also very nice on a boss to have combat rez/innervate/tank abilities with druid

id say grinding instances is alot easier and better at later lvls, questing can take loads of time.
Why have a warrior, if the mage keeps agro?

Wouldn't another mage be better then? :)

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Tasslehoff said:

its alliance so gnome warrior would be needed to make the rest of them look like gods? :p

Foadon

Fledgling Freddie
Tasslehoff said:

cus u wont be just AEing instances, ull also be doing bosses for drops, and warrior is much better tanker then druid, safer aswell since more heal

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
Afran said:
2 Mages is a great duo if played well. Can handle large AoE pulls with only minimal downtime. As for instances, BRD is a great place to grind in a fg due to there being so many mobs.

Me and a frost mage in guild duo'ed 25 hearthglen elites with no heals, i am not bullshitting this and we also did about 40-50 workers.It's amazing how much 2 improved blizzard spec frost mages can kill, we invited a 56 warlock from guild with us she got 8100 exp from one pull non rested bonus....

By the way i think anything works well aslong you have 2 mages+warrior+priest or druid then add any other classes but a shaman/pala works well for back up heals/tanking.

exponentiaL

Fledgling Freddie
Sycho said:
Me and a frost mage in guild duo'ed 25 hearthglen elites with no heals, i am not bullshitting this and we also did about 40-50 workers.It's amazing how much 2 improved blizzard spec frost mages can kill, we invited a 56 warlock from guild with us she got 8100 exp from one pull non rested bonus....

By the way i think anything works well aslong you have 2 mages+warrior+priest or druid then add any other classes but a shaman/pala works well for back up heals/tanking.
That's sick! :|

Anyway, I agree with sycho here.. you'll need atleast two mages and one heavy and one less heavy healer. ( if possible two heavy healers ofc. ) The last spot can be any random character though as you will be doing instance for the drops, it might be a good idea to bring a warrior for his massive amount AC/HP.

Afran

Part of the furniture
Sycho said:

Sounds decent. Oo Can you recommend grind spots right from level 20 to 60 for 2 frost mages? Might try it with my brother. :)

Afran

Part of the furniture
Afran said:
Sounds decent. Oo Can you recommend grind spots right from level 20 to 60 for 2 frost mages? Might try it with my brother. :)
On second thought's cba playing a mage. :p Going to be rolling shammy as an alt, and bro a mage. How you think that would work ? Could do with a warrior at higher levels though.

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
Afran said:
On second thought's cba playing a mage. :p Going to be rolling shammy as an alt, and bro a mage. How you think that would work ? Could do with a warrior at higher levels though.

Nothing levels faster than 2 frost mages specced with improved blizzard talents if they duo melee elites together.(perma frost 5, improved blizzard 3, winter's chill 3)

Just to give you an idea, i can solo 15-20 lv57-58 mobs, so even solo frost mage can level very good if you can't be bothered questing.

By the way think there's a mage aoe blizzard guide on VN in the mage section.

Afran

Part of the furniture
Sycho said:
Nothing levels faster than 2 frost mages specced with improved blizzard talents if they duo melee elites together.(perma frost 5, improved blizzard 3, winter's chill 3)

Just to give you an idea, i can solo 15-20 lv57-58 mobs, so even solo frost mage can level very good if you can't be bothered questing.

By the way think there's a mage aoe blizzard guide on VN in the mage section.
Ok will check that out and try it some time at the weekend :p cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom