Leveling a Healer.

N

Nattrún

Leveling a Healer is becoming a seriously difficult endeavour.

Why, you ask? Because of one increasingly widespread factor: buffbots. It's thoroughly disheartening to go into one of the more popular exping spots like Varulvhamn or Spindelhalla with a Healer and have every single of your queries whether anyone needs a healer to group with met with, "Sorry mate, I've got a buffbot."

Sure, healers are tough and can solo yellows without too much of a health problem or downtime, but actually killing a yellow mob takes forever and a half even if you're using the heaviest, most damage-dealing hammer you've got.

Buffbots are my leveling nemesis.

M

Mysteriax

I know what you mean m8 thank god there arent many from my level around who use buffbots.
Still even with buffbots, healers are still way more usefull then buffbots.
Btw Ban all buffbots!!!!

J

jox

Originally posted by Nattrún
Leveling a Healer is becoming a seriously difficult endeavour.

Why, you ask? Because of one increasingly widespread factor: buffbots. It's thoroughly disheartening to go into one of the more popular exping spots like Varulvhamn or Spindelhalla with a Healer and have every single of your queries whether anyone needs a healer to group with met with, "Sorry mate, I've got a buffbot."

Sure, healers are tough and can solo yellows without too much of a health problem or downtime, but actually killing a yellow mob takes forever and a half even if you're using the heaviest, most damage-dealing hammer you've got.

Buffbots are my leveling nemesis.

Perhaps... its time for you to get a buffbot? :)

X

Xandax

My healer has very much same problem - and unfortunally H is pretty empty so besides from SI areas where people are still spread out much there is almost only Spindelhalla left for exp.ing at these levels.
And there people don't group anymore (or rarely) due to buffbots.

I just wanna get 3 levels so I can camp Lair. :)

N

Nattrún

It's getting to be a big problem.

I'm, generally, okay with buffbots as long as people use them sensibly. But when people start preferring to 'solo' with a buffbot rather than to group up with people... that's when you know something's wrong.

The game is a -cooperative- one. It centres around groups and group-oriented play. Healers and their ilk are, in all respects, the most group-centric characters in the game; they shine when in a group, and function rather poorly solo.

So when people start preferring 'solo' play, leveling up with the use of buffbots to the exclusion of all else... well.

It's hardly surprising that healers of levels less than 50 are seen more and more rarely in the game.

X

Xandax

Originally posted by Nattrún
<snip>
It's hardly surprising that healers of levels less than 50 are seen more and more rarely in the game.

I just hope people will start to see the(a) lack of healers in RvR, and maybe start grouping healers again.

Was just down into DF, and I saw about 5-6 "groups" near x-road and around of 1 player with an attached Shaman. Not saying all of them are buffbot - but ...... :)

G

Gahldir

what about creating a aoe-stun + PBaoe group?

M

MrTee

I have stopped playing my healer (lvl 36) because of this.

Buffbots are lame and ruining the social aspect of this game.

T

Tasans

Try to get a group with a shadowblade or a hunter and you'll see why people use buffbots.

X

Xandax

Originally posted by Tasans
Try to get a group with a shadowblade or a hunter and you'll see why people use buffbots.

Didn't use buffbot while I was solo leveling my SB from 46-49.5 in Spindel/Vanern cause I couldn't get Lair(any) group, and yes I understand why people use Buffbots (in PvE anyway, RvR different matter). But no, I don't understand why people should use buffbots to an extent where healers aren't wanted/needed much in PvE.

A

Armalite

Leveling in perma grp in malm, I've noticed alot more deaths and wipeouts on regular lair spot than before; Just face it, a buffbot may be cool, but they will never beat a Healer in healing or CC.

T

Tasans

Bots usually cant provide much exept buffs, but a healer in group can provide healing, thus they shouldnt be absolete.
But the only time i've been asked to group as an sb it was usually a healer 7 lvls lowers in need of a good pl, so i said no as chain killing oranges and reds with my shammie behind is much faster.
Bots are way too good in killing dt so i understand why many use them.
And before someone says i dont have a clue i have played a healer, a shammie, a cleric, and a bard, all classes with minimal soloing ability so i know how hard it is when you cant find a group, tough luck this time and try later (shammie being mend/aug and cleric rejuv/enh).

X

Xandax

Well luckily you can get some exp. in RvR also now - so now instead of worrying about finding a group in PvE, I need only worry about finding a RvR group that have an extra spot and wouldn't mind some healing. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom