/level command in upcoming 1.62 patch

R

radx

Here is a question i have been unsuccessful in getting a real answer in the game. Everyone seems to have their own idea how it will work.

If i have today a level 5 char and i got atleast 1 level 50 char. Will i be able to 'upgrade' (/level 20) my lowbie level 5 char once the patch is out? or upgrade any of my other lobies that i might have? OR do you need to create new chars with the patch??

F

Fafnir

From what i've understood you will be able to use the /lvl command on any alt below lvl20. You just need to activate it from your a lvl50 char on the account.

R

radx

Can i upgrade all my lowbies to level 20 or am i limited to do it just once per level 50char that i got?

thx for replying so fast :)

F

Fafnir

Its all free /lvl20 alts unless you delete your lvl50 :D

K

kinag

Originally posted by Fafnir
Its all free /lvl20 alts unless you delete your lvl50 :D

I feel sorry for all the lame zerkers that is deleting their only lvl 50 due to nerf :rolleyes:

M

~Mobius~

Originally posted by kinag
I feel sorry for all the lame zerkers that is deleting their only lvl 50 due to nerf :rolleyes:

I doubt anyone is.

N

-Nxs-

Originally posted by radx
Here is a question i have been unsuccessful in getting a real answer in the game.

So check the patch notes - RTFM and all that :)

1.62 Euro Patch Notes
Once the flag is set, you can enter the game as a brand-new first level character with zero experience points. You must target your trainer and use the /LEVEL command to grant your player experience. You'll start with at least enough experience to raise to 20th level (30 on some Realms on some servers). You must go to your trainer and right click on him to gain levels.

So nope, delete your L5 and recreate them with zero exp

S

Solarius

Actually there was a thread a while back about this, and Zergar said that any pre-level 20 character can be /levelled using this feature. Not 100% certain, but I think a grab-bag said the same thing.

D

Driwen

Re: Re: /level command in upcoming 1.62 patch

Originally posted by -Nxs-
So check the patch notes - RTFM and all that :)

So nope, delete your L5 and recreate them with zero exp

rtfm and all that :p it says you CAN as a brand new char with 0 exp, it however does NOT say you MUST enter the game as a char with 0 exp ;). So if i read it right as long as your char isnt lvl 20+ it will work :)

S

ssera

you can do it with any sub-20 char, as how it works is that it sets your xp value to what you would need to be lvl20. This works for a brand new lvl 1 char, or a lvl 19 one. What you HAVE to do first tho, is long on at least once with your lvl 50 char so a flag is set on your account, indicating that you can use the /level command.

B

bigchief

Can you level to 19 and go aber, 20 and go thid with this? Heard people say out right that you can, and others declare that you cannot .. leaving me non the wiser :)

D

darbey

u can level normal way to 19 then /lvl to 20 but hardly worth it. u cant use level command to goto 19 though only 20 (or 30 as the case maybe)

J

Jonaldo

Originally posted by bigchief
Can you level to 19 and go aber, 20 and go thid with this? Heard people say out right that you can, and others declare that you cannot .. leaving me non the wiser :)

No, the battlegrounds work on the amount of experience your character has, not what level if I remember correctly.
So /level 20 will still mean you can only enter Thid, and not the lowbie one even if you don't train all the way to 20.

A

arrakeen

if you use the /level command you char wil gain a full lvl by killing a green mob until you are lvl 20,

thats if you use the lvl command and for some reason stops at 10 etc the first mob who give you just abit xp will give you a full lvl.

so if you go bg0 you can only make one kill and you ding 20

but i never tried taking a /level alt in bg0 so im not sure if you can port there.

if the above is confusing or dont making senes ignore it im sleepy :)

F

Flimgoblin

arrakeen - they changed it because of that :) people did /level (it was set to 30 on pendragon), went to abermenai after clicking on their trainer 14 times, then dinged up 15 times by killing enemies - voila, level 30 in bg0.

It now works on xp total rather than level.

H

heilel

If you have a lvl 50 say, on Excalibur, will you be able to lvl a char up on Prydwen, even if you don't have a lvl 50 there?

I guess the answer is NO, but since they're trying to encourage people to use other servers, maybe it's YES.

S

Sharma

Yes, its account based, you will be able to /level a char on excal if your 50 is on pryd.

H

heilel

Originally posted by sharma
Yes, its account based, you will be able to /level a char on excal if your 50 is on pryd.

OK, that's nice..
I might lvl up my Hib/Pryd lowbie alts after the patch then..:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom