/level and autotrain

B

BlitheringIdiot

Ive read up on this lots and each and every time it seems to be changed.

If I /level a ranger to 30 then spec nothing in Bow is it true that I will be able to autotrain and in fact it will be accelerated autotrain for the first few levels to catch up on the points I should have gained before 30?

Ive been told yes and no to this by plenty of people, all who claim to have tested it but it cant be both.

Thanks.

C

Coim-

If you /level and put one point in an autotrained skill then respec it, you'll get autotrain points. Example...you /level an infiltrator. Spec 1 point in stealth, type /respec stealth and you'll get the autotrain points. Only problem is I don't think you can do this with /level 30 because you won't have the single line respec from when you ding 20.

B

behatch

could spec 1 ste at lvl 20 respecc stealth..then continue lvl'n.try that not sure if u'll auto train though.dpubt it will work other wise dont see the point in not giveing you auto trained on /level.when u can allways respecc it and get the extra pts.

B

BlitheringIdiot

Ok after hours and hours and hours of research I eventually got the correct answer (if anyone cares :p). As mythic state in the 1.62 patch notes you cannot autotrain if you /level.

This leaves only the trick of /leveling, speccing in the skill you wish to autotrain then using the free lvl20 respec. This, however, does not work. If you look at the spec points you should have at lvl20 for that character (using catacombs char builder), then look at the spec points you actually have after this you will see you have 14 less than you should have (i.e. 5+4+3+2). I have tested this myself on both a ranger (bow) and a nightshade (stealth) and both times I lost 14 points. All that you are doing is telling the game that you are level 20 and so it forces that spec up to 1/4 of your level as it cannot go below. However as its also impossible to autotrain with /level, it then takes away those points from you.

Similarly if you just level like normal you will notice that at lvl24 (when you would normally next autotrain) the game checks to see if you need to autotrain then realises you are below the minimum spec in that skill and spends the points for you. Once again this is not autotraining.

So to repeat myself - you gain nothing from the /respec at lvl20 trick, Im afraid and if you want to /level then the price you have to pay is not autotrain :( There is no way around this.

E

Ekydus

Yep. Fortuanately only 2 Mid classes autotrain, so it is actually the Albs who miss out on this mainly.

1 of those Mid classes being a SB... BI you making a SB? :p

B

BlitheringIdiot

Originally posted by Ekydus
Yep. Fortuanately only 2 Mid classes autotrain, so it is actually the Albs who miss out on this mainly.

1 of those Mid classes being a SB... BI you making a SB? :p

No a ranger actually :p

I also read that this can cause problems (although I havent tested this myself). A warrior can autotrain their weapon, so if they level up speccing only in shield and parry their three weapon types will auto train. However if I /level a warrior, get to 40 (with or without trying the /level 20 trick) then decide to respec axe for hammer. The game will see that all three weapons are below 1/4 what they would be if I had autotrained and will raise them all to 10, spending 162 of my spec points, 108 of which are wasted on lines I dont want to use. Apparantly this is being fixed though.

S

Silenzio

/level is rlly usefull for BB
or support chard made just to help a friend leveling ;P

no way to autotrain could be bit annoing... but

bunch ov crap wont bothered to let u all read !!!

ok... autotrain does not work with /level char

B

BlitheringIdiot

I knew some people would be too lazy to read it (I had to spend 6+ hours reading to get the answer) hence some words are in bold to get the message accross with little reading involved. :p

G

Graknak

in theory you could die xx times to lower your xp to the appropriate level just before autotrain.
So lets say you do /level (20 in this case) you talk to your trainer 7 times to get lvl 7. Then you die xx times untill you see your xp move at that lvl, which would take about 1-3 hours of non-stop suiciding at least. Then you kill a few mobs, ding lvl 8 by yourself and still get autotrained, the only point is the fact that altough suiciding for 3 hours non-stop should be faster then leveling it's still annoying. Anyway, when you;'ve reached lvl 8 by yourself (with your autotrain), you could do /level again since yer not 20 yet, get to lvl 11, get killed again xx times till xp bar moves, get lvl 12, do /level again, go to lvl 15, suicide xx times again, get lvl 16 self etc. etc., in theory it should be able to, but the con cost you'll have to pay at lvl 20 will be massive....

F

fubbi

About the autotraining used /level i tested this on prydwen\Hib with a ranger
when i dinged 20 i speced 1 in bow then did /respec bow and poff i had 5 in bow so i think the autotraining works quite well ....

G

Graknak

but check you skillpoints, you'll see it actually used points from your total to cover up for the auotrain, so in other words instead of gaining 5 free ranks it already pre-specs your current points gotten with /level. (you'll notice your total points after the respec will be 14 points lower then it should be.

T

thegreatest

You are wrong blithering, that /level and respec trick does work. Cause when I did create my bg infil, I put 1 point in stealth first at lvl 5, then /lvl'ed till 20 and /respecced stealth. I got 4 in stealth then. Now I have the spec

19 Stealth
21 C. Strike
17 Thrust
17 Envenom
4 Dual Wield

@ level 24

according to the character builder this spec is impossible without autotraining stealth..Now tell me how come I have this spec, while I haven't autotrained in a regular way but did use the "/level & respec" trick? :)

G

Graknak

must be a bug then as afaik US servers can't use this autotrain "trick, nor can any other classes like arms, paladin or scout

B

BlitheringIdiot

Originally posted by thegreatest
You are wrong blithering, that /level and respec trick does work. Cause when I did create my bg infil, I put 1 point in stealth first at lvl 5, then /lvl'ed till 20 and /respecced stealth. I got 4 in stealth then. Now I have the spec

19 Stealth
21 C. Strike
17 Thrust
17 Envenom
4 Dual Wield

@ level 24

according to the character builder this spec is impossible without autotraining stealth..Now tell me how come I have this spec, while I haven't autotrained in a regular way but did use the "/level & respec" trick? :)

5th person I've spoken to who has given me a spec which is impossible, and all claimed the did it with the /level-/respec trick. Now I've tried it myself 4 times, on 4 different classes and each time it didnt work for me. I can also find plenty of people whos tests have come to the same conclusion as mine, also it happens to be the official stance.

As to the fact that some people seem to be able to do it fine all i can say is /shrug.

T

thegreatest

Well try it like I said, /level at the rogue trainer till lvl 5, put at lvl 5! 1 point in stealth, keep on /level'ing at the infil trainer till lvl 20, respec at the infil trainer stealth, and try my spec at lvl 24....

maybe it doesnt work with you cause you put 1 point in stealth at lvl 20 then /respec?

G

Graknak

tried both options multiple times with multiple chars and not a single time it autotrained liuke it should be, it just used points from my total at that point to fill up the missing autotrain

T

thegreatest

I should be able to call myself a lucky git then :p

N

nezzen

Originally posted by thegreatest
Well try it like I said, /level at the rogue trainer till lvl 5, put at lvl 5! 1 point in stealth, keep on /level'ing at the infil trainer till lvl 20, respec at the infil trainer stealth, and try my spec at lvl 24....

maybe it doesnt work with you cause you put 1 point in stealth at lvl 20 then /respec?

did you spend your points before you /respecced?

it might work if you use all your points and then respec (eg. the program sees that you have to little in your skill, and sets you skill to what it needs to be, but it cant spend any points, because you dont have any it can spend)

if any one could try it for the EU servers, i will try it on the US and get back to you :D

G

Graknak

Then you would have to spend yer skills in non-autotrain lines, but thats not the way it goes, first your skills get emptied, then it autotrains and substracts the ammount of points from yer total.

K

Krakatau

Well, tried this tonight with a NS...
I spend 2 points to get stealth 2 at lvl 5...

then I used /level to get lvl 20..
Spec points at lvl 20= 435 (437 at lvl 20 unless I spent those 2 points to get stealth 2)

Did a /respec stealth
Still have those 435 spec points I had prior to using /respec
But my stealth did auto, so stealth is now 5

B

bob007

Not realy 1 to try explain things, I'll just show instead :)

First pic is a newly /leveled scout, Its lvl 20 with all points according to it lvl and nothing specced.

sshot000.jpg

This 2nd pic, shows a scout with 6 longbow and 2 points less then the 1 above, useing the spec 2 points in lb then use lvl 20 /respec longbow command.

sshot001.jpg

In short, If you /level an auto train toon, Then PL that toon to 48, Get a single line respec. Then spec 2 points in autotrain line and respec that line, You get 2 points short of max auto train.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom