level 50 enchanter epic some advice pls

Cerbie

One of Freddy's beloved
Tried to get my last step on epic done, but we seemed to get killed all the time by those fars and Caithor. Is there some tactic needed ?

We that was my guildies : animist 50, bard 40, blademaster 43 and me

I don't have Fagan's signet anymore does that has to do something with it ?

Lorra

Fledgling Freddie
im affraid so, same happend to me with my bard, rightnow it explain you have lost a quest item (fagan signets ring) and ask if they could replace it for you - u need the one u get as a reward btw if uve got up to getting the reward.

Elricstormbringer

Fledgling Freddie
As far as I am aware, you only need Fagan's Ring for Bard/Champion/Enchanter/Nightshade epics up to level 30. I certainly did not wear it when I did the last epic step.

I think the main problem is the group set up.

animist 50, bard 40, blademaster 43 and me

You get 4-5 FDs a time and they are not easy. Red/purple con mobs that mezz. I have seen 2fg, with some of Hibernia's finest at the time wiped by these.

One tactic is the ungrouped Caithor puller. The first FDs can be pulled maybe away from the group. Then the ungrouped puller pulls Caithor and you get less FD adds that way as it is based on the ungrouped puller. Also, I would always concentrate on killing Caithor first; that way you get the step even if the FDs kill you. Other than that I would take basically a tank group to do it and a warden helps for energy resists to reduce mezz length and provide pbt, plus a bard for end and demezz.

I also suspect, although I have not seen it that the encounter could be shroomed as well.

Mirandalia

Fledgling Freddie
Elricstormbringer said:
As far as I am aware, you only need Fagan's Ring for Bard/Champion/Enchanter/Nightshade epics up to level 30. I certainly did not wear it when I did the last epic step.

I think the main problem is the group set up.

You get 4-5 FDs a time and they are not easy. Red/purple con mobs that mezz. I have seen 2fg, with some of Hibernia's finest at the time wiped by these.

One tactic is the ungrouped Caithor puller. The first FDs can be pulled maybe away from the group. Then the ungrouped puller pulls Caithor and you get less FD adds that way as it is based on the ungrouped puller. Also, I would always concentrate on killing Caithor first; that way you get the step even if the FDs kill you. Other than that I would take basically a tank group to do it and a warden helps for energy resists to reduce mezz length and provide pbt, plus a bard for end and demezz.

I also suspect, although I have not seen it that the encounter could be shroomed as well.

A few patches ago, who am I kidding, lots of patches ago when I did epics...

We duod that step with a bard and chanter, then invited anyone who needed step into group.

It ought to work still, just make sure you include a mana menta into the group.

Enchanter focus pulls closest mob, must get all on pet, at same time bard keeps demezz button pressed down while having pet targetted, because if pet stays mezzed the mobs come running straight for the rest of the group. The demezz will demezz any potential mez hit on pet, thus keepin aggro on pet. The focus shield nerf might have some negative affect on this pulling tactics, but seeing as the mobs are red to level 50 (some purples), it shouldn't affect it much.
The mana mentalist will use best hot, and keep pet alive, with the occasional heal from the bard (smallest heal, when pet hp goes below 50%).
Quite easy in the end.

Asq

Fledgling Freddie
A few patches later focussing FDs didnlt work anymore... at least not all the time :D

Acetylsalicylic

Fledgling Freddie
A few patches l8rs focusing "Anything" didnt work anymore.... Forget Fagans Ring best strategy with a chanter staff melee the mob, and heal the nerfed luri.

Lorra

Fledgling Freddie
oo bugger, sorry i thought u had the same problem as me, you dont need the ring to do the final step, i was talking about the "crown" step :S nerf me, really should read the post fully.

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Aint too hard tbh u just need a good shieldtank to hold mob and afew 50s shud have it down notime:D

Keltic

Fledgling Freddie
Hmmm epic eh

well hears some good news for you :) ive lvl 50 epic that im wareing at the mo ye an im about to ding 50 sooooo if u want m8 u can have mine for 1.5 plat its up 2 you pm me in game Kelltic is my char or pm my m8 warlok an hell get it of my house for you :)

Cerbie

One of Freddy's beloved
Thanks a lot all for the advice :wub:

I got it tonight and we were lucky. We died on the first attempt and when we got back Caithor stood drooling at our graves so we got him without adds.

And the epic looks great, I love it :clap:

Brack

One of Freddy's beloved
just out of interest how come you decided to get the epic :D i know i went through daoc without completing an epic once lol

Cerbie

One of Freddy's beloved
Because I like to do quests, not all the time but still ..

And I am playing daoc since beta so when we got the chance of getting epic armour it was like a final touch on reaching level 50 to get it.

I have been playing mid most of the time and I got jealous at the armour from albs and hibs, so I really wanted the robe. Everything for the look, my gm does not like this because I change armour not for stats but when it looks good :p

Besides its fun to do the encounters most of the time and an easy way to explore.

This is my opinion of course, I play for fun and this is what I like.

Lollie

Loyal Freddie
Brack said:
just out of interest how come you decided to get the epic :D i know i went through daoc without completing an epic once lol

Ilaya here:

so THATS WHY you sucked until rr5? aaaaaaaaaaaaaah ;) such a leecher :p

.. brack doesnt give any advice on how to kill mob.. hmm.. so, if it all goes wrong at next attempt, u could, BLAME BRACK! for not having the info as to how to do it.. ;)

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
Brack said:

We did all that years before you were a random bluecon chanter in corus mines ;) Once upon a time, long long ago, epic owned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom