Level 40 Theugist Question

A

Arwen

Hello, as a level 40 Theugist who is planning on achieving 45 air, 26 earth, rest ice, i am finding it a difficult decison to decide what to do at level 40 respec. At the moment i am 26 earth and rest air, my air nuke is too weak to solo, and my earth is quite low for a group.. maybe not at present but this will develop into a problem for me, while leveling from 40 to 50 i will have an earth nuke which is not at its best, and a pbt which isnt good enough to group, for this reason ive been wondering whether to do 47 earth 26 ice, as this seems a much easier spec to level with, can anyone give me any advice on how they got there doing earth then air, and how difficult it was?

O

old.Odysseus

From my personal experience, 26 earth is enough to get treegroups and the like.

Basically u can fill 2 functions in those kinds of groups;
a) pbt + nuke + emergency aoe CC
b) pbt + singleroot CC

Besides, I went for 46 air, 10 ice. Every single point u can push into air counts.
The difference between having 50 and 61 modded air is 10% average damage. (Yes, I personally tested this thoroughly).

S

stinkie

exactly the same spec as me :D

just keep as you are bud. theres very little point to soloing at that level as a thuerg, but u have the great benefit of being a "must have" in a group as opposed to just another damage dealer. This will lead to you getting tree groups at a very very early age so XP will come faster for you than most.

If you do decide to respec think long and hard about it. you cant respec back until i think its patch 1.59 and even then you have to kill the dragon and be lucky enough to get a resepc stone.

what would you respec anyway ? more earth for better BT wont get you better groups and if you spec more air you lose pbt and will find it very hard to get a group without it.

D

Draylor

Originally posted by Arwen
26 earth ..... and my earth is quite low for a group
Not at all, 26 earth is enough for a group.

And its infinitely better than the all too common theurg who turns on BT and goes afk for the next hour or 2 :rolleyes:

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

Just don't use your AE mezz in tree groups when there is a sorc around. They don't like it much. :)

O

old.Odysseus

ehehhe some minst once blew up on me for doing that :)

she (who shall remain unnamed) believed that she could stun-mezz 3 trees off me - considering they were all hitting me before she even started mezzing.

so use it in emergencies, stick with the single-root when u can.

O

old.twigbob

you could always go as i am

35earth 41ice/air(still undecided)

8 sec pbt, and half decent nukes

Z

zlair

Funny no1 anymore ever mentioning going full ice...

... am I the only n00b that done that (or been there?)

/walks off wondering

Users who are viewing this thread