[SUGGESTION] Level 40 scenarios

Vepo

Fledgling Freddie
Hey all,

As more and more people are reaching level 40 it's becoming more annoying to come across full groups of level 40s ... don't get me wrong I love the challenge and such, but after a while it's very annoying due some of the Destro PUGs are fresh into the Tier 4 areas.

Anyway what my suggestion is and I think it's a great idea and I hope Mythic add this kind of thing in the future ... Level 40 players will only be able to play against other level 40 players.

I imagine people won't like this, but a larger majority will.

What do you all think about this kind of option being added to the game?

DiscoStu

Fledgling Freddie
I think its a good idea, but it will most likely not be added to the game due to the boost buff most palyers are given. They worked hard on that to create a level playing field, and to just have a level cutt off would make it pointless.

Soazak

Part of the furniture
I'm sure with the recent changes, once there are enough players to roam there will be less 40s in the scenarios.

I wouldn't personally vote on forcing them out though, some people just prefer instanced pvp.

charl8tan

Fledgling Freddie
In T4 the boost buff only takes you up to level 36, and doesn't actually give you access to any abilities you may have by the time you really do reach level 36. I quite honestly see no reason not to seperate the T4 scenario's into those that are 40 and those that are not yet 40, the rest of the game is seperated by level's and one of the things putting me off scenarios at the moment is constantly coming up against 6+ level 40 Destruction and getting butt poked to hell.

It's great for them walking off with 4-5k (sometimes more) Renown, however when we get like 100 and a trickle of XP....well that's too much time wasting for me to stomach.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Hey all,

As more and more people are reaching level 40 it's becoming more annoying to come across full groups of level 40s ... don't get me wrong I love the challenge and such, but after a while it's very annoying due some of the Destro PUGs are fresh into the Tier 4 areas.

Anyway what my suggestion is and I think it's a great idea and I hope Mythic add this kind of thing in the future ... Level 40 players will only be able to play against other level 40 players.

I imagine people won't like this, but a larger majority will.

What do you all think about this kind of option being added to the game?

I agree on the problem but I think a better solution would be scenarios for grouped and then for ungrouped players only (see Guild Wars). I would also prefer if the winning team would have an option to stay in the queue, and after 10 wins it would transfer to the grouped players queue and get some kind of a benefit from winning 10 matches in a row. Leavers would have to be replaced in between rounds.

With the rate of renown and exp, it's easier just to farm randoms in between AoE/PQ-leveling, 2-6 players on TS/Vent with (semi-)set setup vs 12 randoms: you know the outcome.

Iceforge

Can't get enough of FH
No no no no no!

Look at this board; Find a thread whining/complianing about Tier 1 being semi empty now.

There is more than 1 of them

Now, think hard.
Realise a trend?
Oh yes, there more people who get higher level, the less people will be playing low levels.

Think a bit more forward.

See the problem?

No?

Who the hell are the slow people going to fight when they get to Tier 4 if all who is already 40 is not participating in the combat?

Already people claim hours of wait for scenarios in tier 1 (don't belive that tbh, but thats another point), but imagine 3 to 5 times as long a wait for each scenario for players, who are already behind the lvl 40 bunch; Great, they going to have to use even longer time, and the reason they are behind in the first place is highly down to being casual gamers who aren't online for long at a time, meaning they might end up seeing just 1 or a tops 2 scenarios each time they are online, versus people now being able to get 4 or 5 in the same time-frame and being online for longer at a time, thus having even more than that, if they so choose

Simply a stupid idea which would, while intended to help people who is not 40, end up being a huge disadvantage to those who are not 40 as quickly as others

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
On Orrud yesterday there were little Tier 1 matches.

One way could be to make the matches 6 vs 6.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom