Letter from the council, WTF does this mean?!

Nate

FH is my second home
If anyone can make sense of this, I will give you a cookie jar, with cookies in it because I have no fucking clue.

Dear Sir or Madam,

NOTICE OF ADOPTION OF THE TENDRING DISTRICT LOCAL PLAN 2007

I am writing to infrom you that on 11 December 2007 Tendring District Council formally adopted its new local plan entitled "Tendring District Local Plan 2007" (the plan), which now forms part of the development plan for the area covered by Tendring District Council. The development plan forms the basis for decisions on land use planning affecting that area. You have received this letter if you made a representation at any stage in the preparation of the plan or specifically requested to be notified of its progress or adoption.

The plan has been adopted under "transitional arrangements" of teh Planning and Compulsory Purchase Act (2004). The plan was subjected to two statuory periods of public consultation: the first took place between May and July 2004 (known as the First Deposit Draft period of public consultation) and the second took place between November and December 2005 (known as the Re-Deposit Draft period of public consultation). The Council also consulted on a number of Pre-Inquiry Changes between May and June 2006. All objections that remained unresolved after these periods of public consultation were placed before an independent Planning Inspector at the Local Plan Public Inquiry, which ran between 12 September 2006 and 24 April 2007. The findings of the planning inspector are contained in the binding Inspector's Report (the report) which was received in November 2007.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
they really do seem to like the word "plan" huh? :D

and i guess thats what it is... they have a plan ;)

Levin

Can't get enough of FH
Basicly they're telling you that they have a plan concerning land use in your area. The plan was open to public consultation at least twice during the mentioned periods, and objections against the plan were then reviewed by a Plan Inspector.

They're also informing you that you are being informed about this because you have either been a part of coming up with the plan, or you have asked to be informed about it.

Exciting shit. :D

Nate

FH is my second home
you cunnilingusalbastard

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
It means they are forcibly buying land from you or someone in your street/area. They have these consultancy periods but don't actually tell you about them, they expect people to check daily/weekly whatever if there is any sort of planning permission. They do also leave an A4 size sign up in a random place near the site to announce it also. A load of bollocks really but its how they get away with so much shit.

Though its not written in real English so it may well mean they are just planning to do it in the future (buy land off people without their permission)

Rookiescot

Fledgling Freddie
It means they are going to take over your house and turn it into a gay and lesbian drop in centre.

collegien

Can't get enough of FH
Basically they are building a brewery in your area and the committee are having trouble planning a piss-up.

:drink:

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Yep, the council are applying for permission to turn your arsehole into a jizzum storage facility. It is like a sperm bank but smellier.

Roalith

Can't get enough of FH
I thought it just meant they were giving him some free toilet paper :(

Tilda

The way I read it, it doesn't sound like they're buying land. Its a notice they've adopted the plan they were consulting on.
The plan advises on land use in your area.
You'd need to check the plan to see if they were planning on compulsory-purchasing land.

preacherboy

Fledgling Freddie
If anyone can make sense of this, I will give you a cookie jar, with cookies in it because I have no fucking clue.

Dear Sir or Madam,

NOTICE OF ADOPTION OF THE TENDRING DISTRICT LOCAL PLAN 2007

I am writing to infrom you that on 11 December 2007 Tendring District Council formally adopted its new local plan entitled "Tendring District Local Plan 2007" (the plan), which now forms part of the development plan for the area covered by Tendring District Council. The development plan forms the basis for decisions on land use planning affecting that area. You have received this letter if you made a representation at any stage in the preparation of the plan or specifically requested to be notified of its progress or adoption.

The plan has been adopted under "transitional arrangements" of teh Planning and Compulsory Purchase Act (2004). The plan was subjected to two statuory periods of public consultation: the first took place between May and July 2004 (known as the First Deposit Draft period of public consultation) and the second took place between November and December 2005 (known as the Re-Deposit Draft period of public consultation). The Council also consulted on a number of Pre-Inquiry Changes between May and June 2006. All objections that remained unresolved after these periods of public consultation were placed before an independent Planning Inspector at the Local Plan Public Inquiry, which ran between 12 September 2006 and 24 April 2007. The findings of the planning inspector are contained in the binding Inspector's Report (the report) which was received in November 2007.
They are going to knock down your building,and place it with a new one :p

Naetha

Fledgling Freddie
Exactly what levin said - there's a Local Plan for each area in the UK (near enough) which designates (loosely, i.e. planning permission isn't automatically granted) what areas of land can and should be used for what.

Usually they just say stuff like "the area next to the xxx industrial estate will be used for industrial and warehousing uses".

The plan has to go out to consultation where people can object before being approved (adopted).

Unless you're a developer or a planner, I would pretty much ignore this, and hope they don't build a nuclear power station on your doorstep ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom