Lets get this show on the road... again!

Phixion

One of Freddy's beloved
Anyone about from the old DAoC days? I just read about Origins and got a bit excited, only to find that it probably isn't going to happen :(

I've just logged in to FH for the first time in years and read all my old forums posts from around 2004... quite embarrasing to say the least :p

Anyway, I was in First Cohort on Alb/Excal then moved to Midgard and joined Ora Minus. Anyone still about from them days? Anyone still playing DAoC or have plans to go back to it?

I played it again about a year ago on the US server Gareth, but the game was slowly dying, waiting around for hours for enemy wasn't much fun. I'd absolutely love if we could get all the guilds back and have the server how it used to be, packed full of people roaming - oh and the Albs zerging, ohhh what I'd do to see that sight again!

Of course I'm dreaming and it'll never happen, but it's worth a try, right? Who's with me?!

BaTDiE

One of Freddy's beloved
Ora Minus... Fun times, you may remember me for my whinning skills.

This "Origins" thing seems like a Mythic's attempt to scrap some money before officially closing up.

How great this game was back in the day... Now it's not even worth... perhaps... perhaps if it was subs-free, we could see a miracle.

Cheers

Phixion

One of Freddy's beloved
Hey BaTDiE, your name is familiar. Yeah I had some amazing whining skills back in the day too, it's cringeworthy reading over my old posts :(

Me and Aussie really didn't get on :)

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
It would require more than a miracle to get this show back on the road again, alas.

Funny thing about Origins, they managed to create some fuzz and getting people interested again, just to waste it all by shutting the curtains completly and not releasing any news or info at all. Shame really.

Zrawkor

One of Freddy's beloved
Yar, I even made a customer support application on the Mythic website for it :)

Dutch_NS

Can't get enough of FH
Not gonna happen sadly, we have to face it, DAOC is dead. Lets hope we get a DAOC 2 in 2012/13 and not WAR2.

Sneakers<>Matriarch

One of Freddy's beloved
Not gonna happen sadly, we have to face it, DAOC is dead. Lets hope we get a DAOC 2 in 2012/13 and not WAR2.

ohhh blasphemy!!1 witch!! witch!! burn him!! :flame:

It will come but it will take ages, I'm afraid..not many people working on it and I'm sure they are getting tasked to to various WAR coding aswell.

Mind you mythic probably where redy to launch their server before they got all the player feedback saying "fuck that, we ain't playing that retard server" and they had to remake their own ideas ( copying ours basically but taking 10x the time since they want it to be their ideas :d )

Then they need to implement all the patches on the older version of daoc, have to recode some things, add new graphics ( i'm sure they done this on more parts then the milgate hills wich was shown in a vid ) and then they have to get rid of some classes, and add a few others..and implement all patches without bugs.

This might sound easy and it could be if you just rolled back but I think they are aiming for a new package aswell and then it needs to be fairly opted and polished. DAoC Origins could sell to new players aswell, deffo have the potential but I guess the timing was bad with WAR and all that killing the initial hype :p

Phixion

One of Freddy's beloved
Yeah I don't think Origins will be easy or fast to do, being as they want to keep some parts and ditch other stuff, also recoding/replacing graphics in certain areas takes time.

I just wish they would update us on the progress so at least we'd know it was coming.

I also love the idea of people having to start from lvl 1, it would be great to see people running around the entire world of DAoC like they used to, hell I even miss levelling at Tanglers and the Trees/Worms in Lyonesse, it was a hell of a grind 42 - 50 there but it was damn fun.

Dutch_NS

Can't get enough of FH
I remember that my gf told me that i was dreaming and cursing in my sleep about the list @ fins, that they would never take me as a nightshade haha :flame:

But i wouldnt mind now if DAOC was alive again!!

Sneakers<>Matriarch

One of Freddy's beloved
I remember that my gf told me that i was dreaming and cursing in my sleep about the list @ fins, that they would never take me as a nightshade haha :flame:

But i wouldnt mind now if DAOC was alive again!!

Hahahahha thats classic shit man :)

The fin list, lol man when I got on the list I was the don there, took in all shades and rangers I wanted and denied all the gayass tanks who ofc whined like hell and was gonna report me to GOA ;<

The nightshade maffia controlling the fins list passing it on to eachother was sweet love!

Ha but lol sleeptalking abot the fins list is hilerious stuff how come you'd never mentioned it before ;) ?

/edit,

Stuff like this
"Hi mate, I been on the list for 28 hours, I was #3 before what position do I have now?"

- "Uhmm ehh, right ur #5 now xDDD"

"WHAT?? I was #3 2 days ago what happend"

-"Uhmm no you where #5 I'm.. sure of !"

12 hours later

"Hi mate tis me again, will you call me x/x/x and x alt then my spot is up?"

-"Hi mate I'm lvl 50 now but I gave the list to December!"

"Hi december, sneakers told me he gave you the fins list,I was #3 for 2 days ago"

-" Hi there, this is a new list, I can put you on it if you want to, your #12 tank, I will PM you when your spot is up"

Sure made them regret letting me lvl from 31-47 in CM solo *grrrmmlmlls* xDD

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom