Let it go guys

K

Killgorde

Firstly let me say that I didn't have the pleasure personally of knowing Oggy or for that matter fighting against him in Emain. Reading the eulogies elsewhere about him from friends and guildmates leaves me in no doubt however that he was a great guy and will be sadly missed by a great many people. The Excal community is a poorer place with his passing and my heartfelt condolences to everyone who knew him and who miss him both in game and in RL.

There is a great deal of shit flying around these forums at the moment sparked off by the actions of a few at the bowl last night. I ask those that were present who choose to flame the "offenders" to ask of themselves one question. Is this what Oggy would have wanted? His commemoration being turned into some flame war on BW? Fellas, we all know there are some players out there, most if not all of them are kids, who's heads are stuck so far up their arses they care nothing about about anything other than how high they are on the RP tables. You all know who they are, because they have been doing it for an eternity. Is this really the time and place to vent your spleens at them? You are tarnishing the memory of an event attended by +500 people who actually felt a common need to show their respects to the family of a fellow player by lowering yourselves to the level of others who didn't, and thereby totally detracting from the reason so many peeps from ALL realms were actually there in the first place. To pay homage to a guy who has recently passed away.

To those who say "this aint RL it's just a game" and "why pick the Emain Bowl" I have this to say. DaoC is only a medium through which people interact. Behind every char out there there is a real life person with emotions, a personality (in most cases) and for the majority of players a mutual respect for each other, friend or foe. Your behaviour and actions in game are a pretty fair (if extreme) perspective of your RL personality - for better or worse. The likelyhood is that a member or members of Oggy's family was attending that memorial and experienced the warmth and compassion of a great community of players towards themselves and their dearly departed. If you choose to adopt a cynical approach to the affair please do it in private, for their sakes if no one elses.

An end to this flame war please? For Oggy and his family and friends' sake.

H

Hatt

I am happy that we have you killgorde :)
Well spoken.

Z

Zill

I share those sentiments expressed. It's worth bearing in mind that this is a community of real people who are more than just pixels on a screen that play the game to make friends (regardless of realm) and have fun. If someone dies (and thankfully it doesn't occur often) whether it is someone we knew or not (and I confess I never had the pleasure of knowing Oggy personally), it effects the community as a whole and we feel it is only appropriate to pay our respects and share the grief that others are feeling.

T

Tleilax

Nicely put Killgorde.

Hope u found a better place Oggy

/Salute

O

-optical-

Ill be brief because going by the pms ive been getting im not very popular atm, so no one will probably listen anyway.
My thread was maybe out of line and i got flamed bad, some people had the guts to agree others didnt.
I just had an opinion to put forward. It was no way meant to cause the people who knew him irl any disrespect.

G

Grandpeck

Just disbeilef

I have been both shocked and saddened by the amount of bitter twisted ppl that live on/in the excali server.Reading these posts truely makes me feel sad.A lot of ppl should grow up and learn some manners,i cant beleive the amount of ridiculous horrid posts over Oggys death,i stayed away from emain as to not get caught up in what i thought would happen.This post is not a flame or anything else, it is just so downheartening to see some ppl drag these forums into the gutter, Nor is the finger pointed at anyone person alone because those that know they have done wrong unless they r incredably stupid should really be ashamed of their comments.plz plz to all the ppl that have said some of the most disrespectful comments i have ever seen,next time just think be4 u post,or just dont post at all.

This is still a game dont forget ppl but some of u make it like rl.
I thank you for your time.

B

Bleri McThrust

Got to say I agree with KG

And it wasnt so much the deaths at the end that showed disrespect but the flaming and swearing, both in Emain and on these boards.

L

-Lonewolf-

Glad that someone had the intelligence to post this as I wanted to remain impartial and not get involved

But Kilgorde as always has proved a rock amongst a sea of sand

K

karlophin

Originally posted by astas83
talk about bum sucking...

Inteligence is a virtue, im so sorry you weren't granted any.

Great post mate, and thanks for making it. As ever Ill e bias towards such a post as I knew oggy personally.

to Optical: mate ive taken no offense too your post, everyone is entitled too there opinions. Perhaps we were all a bit shocked by it, but I know it wasn't directly aimed at causing grief. However plz dont run from my group and sacrafice on guards at alb tk next time, I was getting excited about killing you :D

T

treebor

Originally posted by Killgorde
I ask those that were present who choose to flame the "offenders" to ask of themselves one question. Is this what Oggy would have wanted? His commemoration being turned into some flame war on BW? Fellas, we all know there are some players out there, most if not all of them are kids, who's heads are stuck so far up their arses they care nothing about about anything other than how high they are on the RP tables. You all know who they are, because they have been doing it for an eternity.

ROFL, another two faced post by the Saviour of Midgard!

First you say lets not flame anymore and then proceed to do just that.

It seems to me that people are now coming out of the closet all over BW to reveal you in your true light. And it makes fantastic reading.

T

Treson

Re: Re: Let it go guys

Originally posted by treebor

It seems to me that people are now coming out of the closet all over BW to reveal you in your true light. And it makes fantastic reading.

I think you kinda missed the point..

A great post Killgorde :)

A

alme

Guess u recognize ure self in what killgorde said..

Anyway gr8 post killgorde

T

treebor

It would be a great post if it was genuine.

It's just another "I'm the best, listen to me while I tell you all how its going to be". He has always been the same.

I feel that he is using the memory of someone IRL departed friend to his own ends. To try to negate the justified bad press he is getting elsewhere.

E

Ensceptifica

And with your reply, you proceed to carry on flaming over it on a higher level. That's not what you want, is it? ( ;

Let me explain.

Suppose I say doing A is good, doing B is not, and everybody agrees that that is true.
Now suppose I then do B. Does that alter the conclusion that A is good? No.

Killgorde calls people to stop flaming for Oggy's sake. Everybody agrees he's right.
Now in his post Killgorde actually lashes out at certain people, thereby taking part in the flame himself, so you could say he doesn't follow his own advice. Does that make his advice bad? No, we already concluded it was good.

Now because HE doesn't follow his own good advice, YOU attack him, and thus carry forth the flame, which means you're not following the good advice either : /

If you think it's bad advice he gave, then why attack Killgorde for not following it?
If you think it's good advice he gave, then why not follow it and stop flaming?

Hope you get my point ( : If not, please don't flame. Just say you disagree, shake hands and move on, ok? ( ;

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom