• Earthwizard of doom

Votes: 29 52.7%
  • Slash merc of pain

Votes: 26 47.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Demon2k3

One of Freddy's beloved
i'm planning on making a leirvik dedicated char and it either going to be a earth wiz or a slashmerc, i wanna stick out so let's vote what would you make?

Demon2k3

One of Freddy's beloved
give comments why you voted as you did to :), forgot to add that :p.

Weever

Banned
Id say earth wiz, enjoy long range casters rather than melee tanks in higher lvl bg's. and the fact that earth wiz gets 2x bolt, dot, NS, i think theyd be much more fun for wen u defend CK or Towers against ppl trying 2 take them (except for if a tower has been raised to the ground ofc)

Dreamor

Can't get enough of FH
I'd say Earth Wizard, DoT and NS is great fun.
Do they still get GTAoE? if so, even more fun for leech RP lol ;)

Dudley52

Part of the furniture
Weever said:
Id say earth wiz, enjoy long range casters rather than melee tanks in higher lvl bg's. and the fact that earth wiz gets 2x bolt, dot, NS, i think theyd be much more fun for wen u defend CK or Towers against ppl trying 2 take them (except for if a tower has been raised to the ground ofc)

yes and gtaoe, 'know-it-all' PRICK

Esselinithia

Fledgling Freddie
Earth wiz imho.

I had a Leirvik char on prydwen, haven't dinged with her for some time, yet a patch come and no more Leirvik fun. OK, having FOP and Det font wasn't too fair, and the new ML3 limit came. But I think it was good with classes that stand out.

Well, if my smite cleric didn't stand out a few other MLed characters did... When we made the idea of showing how easy is to ML and level a character at once on several servers and take MLed chars to leirvik, one FG had ML10 members. The Earth Wiz from that group was good at standing out... Or if he wasn't that Crystal Titan was good at this job...

Earth Wizards are fun (my prydwen Earth wiz is level 50 now, and she is a nice convoker, with a decent level of woodworking for repairs) and good in keep defense.

In Leirvik sieges and keep defense are more important than normal fg fights, so I would recommend Earth Wiz. But if you choose any other class: make it ML3. And since you don't care for higher level ML abilities, you might have an unusual choice about ML stuff too.

Also due to lower level your choice for artifacts are different, and how you can level them is different as well. So with a Leirvik char you can stand out...

Demon2k3

One of Freddy's beloved
i'd rather play leirvik wich is less timer/aritfact ability dependant, cathal valley will be very artifact dependant aswell as abilities.

Esselinithia

Fledgling Freddie
Leirvik has its own share of artifacts, ML stuff, and you can heve high enough RR for signifiucant differences... Molvik would be better for a game without such stuff.

BUT Leirvik as the highest level BG, the last good "preparation" before RVR, etc. is quite popular. Don't know how the new BG would change that...

Demon2k3

One of Freddy's beloved
Esselinithia said:
Leirvik has its own share of artifacts, ML stuff, and you can heve high enough RR for signifiucant differences... Molvik would be better for a game without such stuff.

BUT Leirvik as the highest level BG, the last good "preparation" before RVR, etc. is quite popular. Don't know how the new BG would change that...

you have a point there, but artifacts don't matter as much in leirvik as they will in CV, in lirvik how many artis there 3-4 max. In CV you can basicly make a normal template and. while in leirvik you can't use artis like GoV/Eirene/naihlas if you get my point there.

Esselinithia

Fledgling Freddie
The question: Who would stay in a high level BG? People who is fed up with the state of RVR imho. Who want to have fun in a different environment. And many had fun. Even the ones who got faced much stronger groups (MLed one) were brave, fought back, and had a good time. Played for fun, and not for the victories.

When the ones you fought like the MLed group (it shows something) and understand your message, and people outside of Leirvik complain about /stats... that can show the difference.

And I hope this difference will follow us into CV.

Weever

Banned
Dudley52 said:
yes and gtaoe, 'know-it-all' PRICK
well the fact that ive never made 1 u 'tard, im just going off memory from wot ive seen other people cast, 'know-nothing' Hermit crab...

Esselinithia

Fledgling Freddie
Back to the classes question: If you go for the slash merc how would you stand out? Who would notice the difference? And would they see it as an important difference? I don't know. And while you might know it is a slash merc, some might see the swords and the style animations, but your merc would be a merc. Not much difference, in how you would have to play it.

WIth an Earth Wizard your spells would be very different, you would use GTAOE and would have to "aim" with your ground target. You would certainly have a different kind of experience. Hibs, and Mids would feel the nasty dots, and the nice GTAOE (and the fact, hiding next to tower / keep walls won't help much), and your realm mates would see the difference as well (you want GTs, you can supply GTs to scouts, etc).

Weever

Banned
Doink-666 said:
lol yeah what was the point of that? :m00:
he has Attention seeking disorder and the only way ppl reply to wot he says is if he tries to flame them.. and he doesnt even do a good job at that]
:drink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom