Legacy of Kain

O

old.ignus

Anyone else been following the plot thoughout the 4 games, the end of the last soul reaver game is a real head fuck and they're soon to bring out a fifth game.

S

Sir Frizz

Played and finished Soul Reaver 1 and 2. Blood Omen never had any appeal to me.

I heard the next one is a mix between Kain and Raziel. Tbh i just want Soul Reaver 3.

:/

O

old.ignus

Kain is so much better than Raziel. The first soul reaver game was utter shite though.

Y

Yaka

didnt one of the games have sound files on the discs for some missing cut scenes or somat.

anyways not much into LoK so could yah spill the beans please:)

O

old.ignus

Not without taking a few hours to explain the whole plot. It's a bit complex.

O

old.ignus

No seriously, apart from blood omen 2 there is enough plotline and sub plots to make a film from each game. And I don't remember it all that well. But I can do a short cycle of Raziel's life for you.

SPOILER AHEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!(keeps em happy)

Raziel started life as a sarafan warrior, a sort of vampire hunter. Thousands of years after he is killed he is resurected by Kain as a vampire to lead Kain's army for him, after Raziel grows wings before Kain he is cast down for a thousands years into eternal suffering but is once again resurected by the elder god into a demon that requires souls to live, the reaver of souls not the soul reaver that is a sword. Raziel finds Kain and follows him into the past where the Demon Raziel kills his human self thus putting himself in the grave to start it all off.

There is more to it than that but thats just Raziel, Kain's story is much much longer.

P

plightstar

A BIT OF SPIOLER AGAIN

Yeah with Kain, he was a rich lord of nosgoth and craved power, I can't remeber how he became a vampire anyway he tried to take over nosgoth with a dark army lead by his sword the Soul Reaver but a few of his generals sold him out to the Serafam lord and the SL used a gem to stop the Soul Reavers power and stopped Kain and took the blade for himself.

Well thats how the second game starts huge storyline, amazing set of games never managed to finish soul reaver 2 my dad broke the disc thus it became unusable.

Can't wait until next game

O

old.ignus

I've played and completed them all, and without cheats. You wanna know the origins of Kain? Here we go.

Thar be spoilers ahead Jim lad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kain was a nobleman traveling the land of nosgoth during a troubled time. Turned away from an Inn one night he sets of into the dark to be murdered for no apparant reason. Cast into hell with a sword in his chest Kain is offered the chance of vengence in the form of a vampire, naturally he takes it (wouldn't you) and he awakens in his tomb where you start off fighting skelebobs and grave digger for some bizzare reason. Kain eventually find his murderers and avenges himself but afterwards finds that he is now a vampire with nothing to do. He finds the pillars of nosgoth and is told by a fit ghost woman that the keeper of the pillar of balance (thats the ghost woman) was murdered thus sending her lover Nupraptor insane (sewing up his eyes and mouth, not pretty) and corrupting the pillars of nosgoth and sending the land of Nosgoth to shit. Kain would be given a cure if he restored peace to the land of Nosgoth by returning an artifact from each of the keepers of each of the pillars and to do that he would have to kill them one by one and return with the artifact to repair the pillars. Upon his journeys Kain meets Vorador, an ancient vampire who tries to convince Kain that being a vampire isn't all that bad. He also causes a great vampire purge by going back in time to murder a tyrant called the nemesis who is plaguing the land but when Kain kills him he is know as William the Just and is a loved king so when a vampire kills him his people kill all the vampires. He aquires the soul reaver sword (although its shit in the game) and meets the time streamer called mobius or something similar where he uses the ultimate one liner.
Mobius "I have seen the future Kain, the future says you are dead."
Kain "But I am already dead, as are you" and slices his head off at the word you.
Kain then finds that he was murdered for a reason and by the very man that resurected him all so that he would restore the pillars and give the throne of nosgoth to the evil guy. But Kain defeats him and learns that he himself is the final pillars keeper, the keeper of balance and he now has the choice of allowing himself to restore his own pillar in death and creating peace though Nosgoth or damning Nosgoth and becoming its ruler. In the game you get the choice but all the games after assume that he choose the damn Nosgoth. Kain then makes his pillar the throne of his kingdom.

Phew, and thats the short version, there's some stuff about Kain leading an army against the nemesis, a failed serafan knight called Malek who is stripped of the pleasure of the flesh and becomes a walking suit of armour and other things I can't remember.

M

~Mobius~

Originally posted by old.ignus
Mobius "I have seen the future Kain, the future says you are dead."

Fecking name stealer. :<

O

old.ignus

Originally posted by plightstar

Well thats how the second game starts huge storyline, amazing set of games never managed to finish soul reaver 2 my dad broke the disc thus it became unusable.

Can't wait until next game

You missed out on a great ending then, you finally get the pyhsical soul reaver, steel blade not energy blade and because it absorbs blood or something it sustains Raziel in the real world indefinately so you can't die while you're using it. You then get to kill all the sarafan warriors (thats all the vampire brothers you killed in the first soul reaver game but in human form) then you get to kill Raziel in human form, they take a bit of a whuping but as you can't die it isn't exactly hard. Then there's some stuff about Kain and Raziel changing time. :)

And Yaka you just missed out, I've recently sold both blood omen games on Ebay.

Users who are viewing this thread