Games Left 4 Dead 2 for free anyone?

georgie

FH is my second home
Title pretty much says it all.

Until tomorrow (26th December 10am PST/ 6pm(?) GMT) L4D2 is free on Steam to keep forever.

Who doesn't love free?

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Explains the meltdown

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Was wondering why steam was monging the fuck out, store page won't even load atm lol.

old.Osy

No longer scrounging, still a bastard.
I missed it due to Steam Store being fucked up. :(

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
It's about time L4D got tied into the valve universe, new science company time, black mesa & aperture &...

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
L4D2 for free?

L4D3 to be released soon!...probably :)

hopefully they give more customization options with l4d3 :p fun game to play with friends but the same thing over and over again will burn the game out.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
L4D2 is a great game until you realise that nearly every server is populated by dicks.

No mic? Kick. Not running through the map fast enough? Kick. Dead? Kick. Not spamming voice commands? Kick. Unlucky death to a zombie? Kick.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
L4D2 is a great game until you realise that nearly every server is populated by dicks.

No mic? Kick. Not running through the map fast enough? Kick. Dead? Kick. Not spamming voice commands? Kick. Unlucky death to a zombie? Kick.

Absolutely true. It needs a cooldown timer for ragequitters a-la CS:GO competetive.

The antidote, of course, is to play with friends. Versus mode is an absolute scream :)

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
"PUG"ing is an absolute waste of time in any online game, its not nearly as bad on PC than it is on consoles but it is still mostly shit.

Nate

FH is my second home
It's about time L4D got tied into the valve universe, new science company time, black mesa & aperture &...
There's some government type name on one of the levels, where you get the zombies in chem suits just as you come out of the safe house

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
There's some government type name on one of the levels, where you get the zombies in chem suits just as you come out of the safe house
I was thinking more of another scientific company who we suddenly find out is responsible for creating the infection. Kinda bring things full circle, Black Mesa bring aliens to earth (Half-Life), Company X then mess with the alien stuff creating a plague (Left 4 Dead) everyone dies, Chell is then released into the renewed world (Portal).

Nate

FH is my second home
I was thinking more of another scientific company who we suddenly find out is responsible for creating the infection. Kinda bring things full circle, Black Mesa bring aliens to earth (Half-Life), Company X then mess with the alien stuff creating a plague (Left 4 Dead) everyone dies, Chell is then released into the renewed world (Portal).
and the team fortress guys are the new war effort against the..different colour? :twak:

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
and the team fortress guys are the new war effort against the..different colour? :twak:
Nah, just a comic book series that G-Man reads :eek:

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
For the same reason you can't use a bridle and whip to drive a car.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Don't you care a little too much about what controllers people use to play video games with for someone your age :p

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I made no comment on preferences. The game is a PC exclusive, you may as well ask why you can use a mouse and keyboard on Forza.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Edit timer, seems it isn't a PC exclusive...buy it on a console if you want to use a controller...

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
2430104-1265760722914.jpg

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
mmm mmm

Saying one thing is better than another is called an opinion, like arseholes, everyone has one. You will find on a gaming forum, topics such as gaming platforms will crop up every now and again. The simple fact of the matter is, a mouse and a keyboard is a better control method for FPS games, the entire geometry of the games results in a mouse being the better choice than a tiny little thumb stick for control.

They probably couldn't be arsed to add control pad support for the 2 or 3 people that for some unknown reason, want to use a control pad for an FPS on a PC...why would they? What about adding flightstick support? Or Wiimote?

Last edited:

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
On the flip side ofc, Gran Turismo would suck with a mouse and keyboard.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
They probably couldn't be arsed to add control pad support for the 2 or 3 people that for some unknown reason, want to use a control pad for an FPS on a PC...why would they? What about adding flightstick support? Or Wiimote?

I'd say that Valve has gone even further than that - they've designed a whole new controller because in their professional opinion as a developer of first person shooters they think that console controllers are shit.

Valve are correct.

On the flip side ofc, Gran Turismo would suck with a mouse and keyboard.

This is correct also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom