Leeching in RvR

G

gutrot

I think its a big shame that realm-mates are unable to help each other without fear of being abused for 'leeching'. What a crappy unfriendly way to play a game like this :(

As an assassin i always appreciated help, even if i was winning cos its nice to feel you have backup. At first i was quite surprised when ppl would then apologise for leeching! but when i first started out i would often help other ppl and frequently get abused for it. So sadly now i am very reluctant to help anyone, which is a shame. Same for fg's, but a worse situation arises cos its sometimes difficult to instantly tell who is winning so ur caught between 'leeching' or standing by and watching your realm mates die.

oh well, still a fun game, just a shame that the current system of Rp's has created such an unfriendly greedy attitude in RvR.

D

Dook_Pug

Why do people always look at these things as a matter of greed and 'RP whore-ism'?

I personally find 1vs1 fights FUN. Alot more so than ganking someone with 2+ people.

I play to have fun, thus someone interferring with my fun isn't something I like to happen. It has nothing to do with getting more RP or being greedy.

Try looking at things from all POV. :>

G

gutrot

'Why do people always look at these things as a matter of greed and 'RP whore-ism'?'

- because i believe that to be the main cause of the unpleasantness.

'I personally find 1vs1 fights FUN. Alot more so than ganking someone with 2+ people.'

- me too.

I play to have fun, thus someone interferring with my fun isn't something I like to happen. It has nothing to do with getting more RP or being greedy.

- Fair enough but thats also a selfish attitude because its meant to be a team game really dont you think? Maybe some1 elses fun is helping their realm-mates to fight the enemy?

- yes boss :D

O

old.moriath

There is no such thing as leeching in the frontier. Any invader is fair game to anyone else.

Its realm vs Realm not PvP therefore you have the right to kill or attack anyone you see in an opposing realm.

Just ignore the rp junkies and wade in.

Nothing they can do and imo they are just stupid for whining.

P

parisienscot

I agree Moriath - RVR is often too fast to check which side is winning when you come across a couple of people fighting. And also you never know when another 6 stealthers might pop out from nowhere and reverse the situation.

If someone moans at you for "leeching" - put them straight on your ignore list, imo.

N

-Nxs-

Originally posted by old.moriath
There is no such thing as leeching in the frontier. Any invader is fair game to anyone else.

Its realm vs Realm not PvP therefore you have the right to kill or attack anyone you see in an opposing realm.

Well said. I'll always help others - and expect help myself in the frontier.

F

Flimgoblin

don't you know it's a single player game? :)

I'd do exactly the same - kill the enemy, tell the dueling addict to go to HW or something if they want one versus one. (or to play streetfighter)

A

agreiloth

Agreed! Though I understand why some peeps want to be left alone, but they must also understand that their realm mates want to help.

I've never been abused for helping someone else, but when/if that happens I'll try to calm 'em down and make 'em think about other peeps than them selfes ;) (I don't believe in ignore ;))

O

old.Baritone

Exactly, Its called realm versus realm, Not Bob versus Fred..

F

frols

Well said Moriath. just dont try to steal any of my kills or ill kill you to...

O

old.moriath

tis the only way a hunter can get rp frols ;-)

Gonna be stalking you in the frontier now you fat troll

:D

G

Gewny

case one : with my healer nobody comlpains, basicly a stun and an attackspeed decrease (or a healer ofc) aint taken badly :)

case two : with my zerker, nobody complains, they dont have time to, I kill and move on :)

IMO as someone said it aint any pvp in DAOC there is only rvr.

E

eynar

Imo any righteous Mid should relieve the earth from Alb and Hib scum, meaning kill on sight. We all know this earth would be a far better place without them, so it's in everyone's own good interest! ;)

S

Sharma

It all boils down to the fact that people want more RP than others to prove that they are TEH UB3R.

:l

A

Ajanti

I agree 100% with the original poster. It doesn't really matter if these "my kill ffs, leecher!" people (as I like to call them :)) behave this way for the realmpoints, for the deathmessages, or for the fun of fighting someone 1 on 1. Either way, when I see a realmmate fighting an enemy 1 on 1 I feel that I *have* to evaluate if he/she needs help AND if he/she wants help.

I feel the same way about duels. Suddenly, the rules change and you are forced to hold a distance and watch (completely destroying the spirit of the game for everyone else, in my not so humble opinion).

W

Whoodoo_RD

Isnt this crap what Cammlans for?

Enemy = enemy!

Im sure if the ppl concerned would be mighty cheesed if you ran past only for them to get ganked by stealthers mid duel, and u said to them "Sorry, cant res you, not my kill :p".

Out in the frontiers theres no such thing as 1 on 1 duels, it only takes a second for an FG of enemy to appear or a stelther to BS you and youre toast.

Damn RP whores.

N

-Nxs-

Originally posted by Ajanti
I agree 100% with the original poster. It doesn't really matter if these "my kill ffs, leecher!" people (as I like to call them :)) behave this way for the realmpoints, for the deathmessages, or for the fun of fighting someone 1 on 1. Either way, when I see a realmmate fighting an enemy 1 on 1 I feel that I *have* to evaluate if he/she needs help AND if he/she wants help.

I feel the same way about duels. Suddenly, the rules change and you are forced to hold a distance and watch (completely destroying the spirit of the game for everyone else, in my not so humble opinion).

This is where some people differ - and rightly so, if we all thought the same wouldnt life be boring :) If there is an enemy player around, i will kill them, regardless if they are trying to duel someone, regardless if someone screams "no dont hit him". This is RvR, if you have a problem with that, report me on RightNow, i have nothing to fear.

S

Shike

Originally posted by agreiloth
Agreed! Though I understand why some peeps want to be left alone, .but they must also understand that their realm mates want to help.

I've never been abused for helping someone else, but when/if that happens I'll try to calm 'em down and make 'em think about other peeps than them selfes ;) (I don't believe in ignore ;))

you mean want RPs aswell dont you? ^^

enemy is enemy, kill at will imo. Silly to argue whether its right or not to engage in a fight. If you wanna kill stuff solo go play Baldur's Gate with an AI that is predictable instead, you can play the game you want in peace then

G

gutrot

nice :)
maybe i start helping all again, and tough sh!t to the whiners :D

O

old.Belorfyn

We were once having tough fight with many enemies with Belorfyn and Moriad. Then during the fight, third middy joined the fight but we lost anyhow.
Afterwards he said he'd waited while before attacking because he thought we were dueling :(
It was very close so I fancy if he had attacked faster, we would had won.
I gotta admit, it sometimes comes to my mind also when I encounter mids fighting enemies (1v1 especially) that I find myself wondering what they're gonna say to me after fight.. If it's 1v1 and the mid is winning, I sometimes just throw in debuff or two and one nuke or something but never would I take it lightly if they complain about if afterwards. Luckily I haven't encountered such mids yet and I hope it stays that way.

Anyways, if you ever see me fighting anything, don't wait to help in fear of "leeching". Worst you can get from me is "thanks" :)

O

old.Kerosene

Never had the problem. It's war for bollocksing hell's sake, not some bloody oity toity wishy washy namby pamby tea party.

If people spout at me for ruining their duel I just switch my chat off for 5 minutes and bollocks to everyone.

Damned treehugging duellers. Really pisses me off that does.

T

temseti

Its a shame you get these people in high and mighty guilds who claim people are leeching. Just last i was stood on the wall of amg in odins and 2 heros were near the door, i told one of teh guys 2 albs were around (told him to wait because 1 appeared 20 secs after the other). They went to attack, i go to help my realm and after the first hit on one alb the other hero tells me to '**** off'. Its a real shame people with such attitude play, they would be much more happy killing AI mobs in baldurs gate. If i was their friend or in guild they wouldn't react in such ways, which tells me they see the albs as their 'personal mobs'. They can kiss my celt ass if they think that. If i see a one on one, i'll only ever help if the realm buddy is losing.

T

tildson

Realm vs Realm, its no public CS.

I usually respond: Go back to CS or shut up, this is an rpg :)

B

brite

Originally posted by Dook_Pug
Why do people always look at these things as a matter of greed and 'RP whore-ism'?

I personally find 1vs1 fights FUN. Alot more so than ganking someone with 2+ people.

see how fun you find it after the nerf...

:D

G

Gadd

Originally posted by old.Baritone
Exactly, Its called realm versus realm, Not Bob versus Fred..

no but BvF sounds fun!

O

old.Normengast

Well said!

S

ssera

I usually stick around and wait to see who's winning the fight (if it's 1vs1). If it's two zergs killing each other then I'll ofc join in. I like when people help me out, in fact for example: yesterday I was desperatly trying to get the last 150rps to get 4L4, ran around for about 2 hours without finding anyone or losing my fights. Finally I find a scout who unfortunately starts shooting at me. Got him down to about 20% health and I had around 1%. I knew I was dead but then "meep meep" arrives a skald, stuns the scout and kills them. Got 650rps for it and survived \o/. Thanks Dianaa /kiss :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom