Learn to read again

S

Summo

I've heard other people have this problem, but sinse I sorted the vsync one I thought I may as well try to get it right.

The text in-game is barely readable, see? Has anyone worked out how to correct this. For one glorious game the text appeared as it should, but I've not been able to recreate that. I've heard setting the res to 800x600 or playing about with refresh rates does the trick, but no joy so far.

Anyone have any joy to spare?

T

throdgrain

I could use finding out how to get rid of the warning connection problems thingy myself :(

K

killermarc

in the single player demo if you set the reso to anything other than 800x600 the text didn't show right.

i have the mp demo set to 1024xwhatever it is

but the text seems fine to me

S

Scooba Da Bass

Originally posted by Summo
I've heard other people have this problem, but sinse I sorted the vsync one I thought I may as well try to get it right.

The text in-game is barely readable, see? Has anyone worked out how to correct this. For one glorious game the text appeared as it should, but I've not been able to recreate that. I've heard setting the res to 800x600 or playing about with refresh rates does the trick, but no joy so far.

Anyone have any joy to spare?

That does look pretty bad, mine's readable except for a few letters.

I've done nothing except do a clean install of the latest Dets

T

throdgrain

Mine reads fine and looks fine :) When I went on a server with 2 or 3 or so ppl on it was ok, but when the server has 20 or so I just get that bad connection warning thing. Frustrating, cos it looks like a good game tbh.
Do you lot have cable/ dsl I wonder ? Perhaps my isdn aint up to it ...

U

unknown_warrior

I have the same problem..I do find however that if I turn off anti-aliasing the text is clear and normal. As soon as I turn anti-aliasing back on again it blurs up once more.

In the end I decided to stay with the blurry writing as the game looks SOOOOOOO much better with 4x anti-aliasing on :)

S

Summo

Ah, yeah. I have 4x AA on so it could be that. Not turning it off, though. ;)

Throd, are you playing on the BW server? It's the best around, though I have heard that the game is barely playable for non-broadband peeps.

T

throdgrain

I just had a game on some swedish server with 5 or 6 peeps, and np.
Couldnt see the bw server, only bw 2 which was empty :(

S

Summo

Hmm... the other BW server currently has 16 peeps in it.

213.221.160.50:14567

K

*Kornholio*

hmmm... I tried that server & had a ping of around 900 :(

Users who are viewing this thread