league changes

E

Excess1on

ok

it seems blatently obvious that having 4 divisions isnt working.
even though some clans literally begged to be included in the league, they just do not turn up on match nights.

what i suggest is this:

at the moment we have 5 spaces altogether in divisions 1, 2, & 3, due to clans dropping out of the league for various reasons.

we have 4 clans turning up from division 4

we could fill the empty slots in other divisions with those 4 clans from division 4, drop division 4 and move the time slots back an hour, so that division 3 play at 7.30, division 2 at 8.30 and division 1 at 9.30.

we can only do this if the clans who have been turning up agree, and if the clans in divisions 1, 2, & 3 agree to the time change.

so i would appreciate it if all clans involved could post their views/ideas on this in this thread, the sooner the better so i can arrange it if thats what the clans want.

O

old.:oP

:clap:

yep, might be a good idea, will please most clans that are complaining and alot less hassle for us admins :upyours::confused:

O

old.Mi.Gonzo

Seems fine to me, if we could get a earlier time with this all the better as 9:30 pm GMT is late for some of our european players :cool:

D

Delph

[aard]

The general feeling among us is yes, sure so long as we get a GAME...

defaulting most weeks isn't our exact idea of fun y'know...

ah well

We're for it!

O

old.SALSA

Yeah sounds fine, lets kick the non-plying clans....

O

old.AaSiMonSoLaR

Consideretations

Ok

I think its a very good idea, but consider the following.

Will clans that go up a division get their scores reseted?? or will they mantain their current scores?
Ppl from 4 division are allways with a problem. The week they didnt play will not be played on the division they are (its fare and normal).

Anothere point is. If clans got up to a new division they might get a better rank than clan that are already playing there, and they even might dont play with those clans (giving them an edge).

So whats it gona be?

E

Excess1on

mmm

personally
i think clans should keep any score they have at the moment, and take it with them if they do change division.

as for not playing some of the clans in the division they move to, that cant be helped really

some of the clans that move will have a higher score than some clans in the divivsions they move to, the only way round this is to take the score away from clans that do move, which i think is unfair

D

Delph

is it possible for the clans moving into the other divisions to make up the games by playing with themselves...

as in - 4 clans moving, means we can play each other once and have an extra week.

i know its a bit strange, but its one way of making up the numbers at the end...

??

O

old.AaSiMonSoLaR

In my opinion that would lead to an incoerent state.

Consider de following. 2 clans move up a division mantaining the points. If they have played the same number of matches has the other ones and if they are going to play 1-2 more games they will have the chance to get more points.
If they play extra games with clans already in the division, the same aplies to that clans.

O

old.SALSA

Think its a great idea that delphin have there... Just have the 4 moving clans play against each other on the moving night, so the div4 clans have 2 cw that night.

D

Delph

other clans?

what does everyone else think??

from what i've seen theres been like two, three clans respond??

> and is this change going otbe ready for next week?

O

old.SALSA

Re: other clans?

Originally posted by delphfin
and is this change going otbe ready for next week?

I dont think so, Excession have been very quite - proberly busy with real life :rolleyes:

J

Jaypers

Just a little idea...

I am in no way connected to the league but after reading this thread I had a little idea…

When you start the next season, to check all the clans that sign up are going to turn up for matches, why don’t you have like a pre-season friendly with all clans involved, where all clans turn up to IRC as normal just like before a match. But clans could challenge any other clan in the league.

That way you can see which clans are going to turn up with a full squad and stuff.

Also clans get a bit of match practise before the serious stuff in the league occurs.

Just an idea. :)

JayP

E

Excess1on

right

due to the lack of response, NO changes are going to be made until next season

O

old.T120N

The 4 CLans in Division 4

I take it ISS is one of these as we have turned up to all our games.

Can you list the clans are are still playing ?

I know [SD] failed to turn up.

Also May I put a Advert to the disbanded clans that they can apply to join ours - the more the merrier.

Would this be possible ?

D

Delph

Re: The 4 CLans in Division 4

Originally posted by T120N
I take it ISS is one of these as we have turned up to all our games.

Can you list the clans are are still playing ?
[aard] is (for some reason or other) - but why not just look on the site - its kinda obvious by the 'these three clans have retired' message...
Also May I put a Advert to the disbanded clans that they can apply to join ours - the more the merrier.

and may i put in a notice that aard isn't a clan accepting any members for those who keep pestering salsa. NO if you not a player on aardvark then you not coming in. ok?

O

old.MrBlack

I wouldn't bother.

You seen the amount of complaining that could be resolved by just reading the rules.

Do you really think you'll be able to mediate between 2 sets of 4 teams that have won differnet points aginst different opponents. Some of whom never showed up?

You think you can seamlessly graft 4 teams into 4 other teams and not expect a single complaint regardless of who 'wins'?

Not a chance.

We've all missed games.. Long established clans have fallen apart, and some people don't read the rules and leave in protest. Fine. Considert this one a warm-up.. a run through to get rid of the time wasters.

Season two will be 3 leagues of comitted clans who actually have read the rules and want to play.

We should play our remaining matches against who ever is left. This is the only fair way. At the end of this season. the top N teams from each division move up to fill whatever gaps were left behind.

If I have it right:
3 will move up from Div. 2.
4 will move up from Div. 3 to fill their place and the one current gap.
All of div 4 will move to div. 3

There'll be a gap left in div. 3 for a new team (who ever is next on the waiting list)

If there's enough new clans around. Maybe Div. 4 will be reborn. This time we'll make damned sure they have read and sccepted _ALL_ of the rules (whatever they happen to be)

Users who are viewing this thread