Advice Le Mans 2018

Rubber Bullets

FH is my second home
Thinking of going to Le Mans next year with a mate, and possibly his (adult) son. Want to do it cheapish, camping not glamping, driving there via Eurotunnel.

Any Freddys done it? Any advice? Are grandstand tickets with it?

Cheers

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Thinking of going to Le Mans next year with a mate, and possibly his (adult) son. Want to do it cheapish, camping not glamping, driving there via Eurotunnel.

Any Freddys done it? Any advice? Are grandstand tickets with it?

Cheers

Did it a couple of times a very long time ago (90s). We camped (just a two man tent). Grandstand tickets were extra and expensive (I think they were nearly as much as the entry ticket back then).
Site is here: Le Mans tickets from Travel Destinations. Official ticket agency

Aren't the sportscar rules changing again next year? No Porsche 919s? I might be wrong, but I seem to remember reading something about it (I don't really keep up with it anymore).

NB. Le Mans is one of those "must do" motor races (along with Monaco GP and Indianapolis) but the Spa 24 hours is a better race; its a much better track to watch at.

Rubber Bullets

FH is my second home
Thanks Gaff, it is the 'must do' thing that is taking us there. You're right, the grandstand tickets are over £100, happy to pay it, just wondered if people thought it was worth it, also there are several camp sites, but we've no idea what, if any, the differences are etc.

The last time I saw this type of sportscar race was at Donnington, and it was the Jaguars racing the Mercedes Benz.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
It's watching 2 seconds of cars going passed past you....so...you could do that for free standing on the edge of a motorway.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
The only motorsport event I'd pay to see would be the Goodwood Festival of Speed. There's so much to do.

Well actually, I lied, I'd also pay to watch World Rallycross at Holjes in Sweden, because that's an awesome place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom