ld on port within same area

Elendar

One of Freddy's beloved
seems since the server upgrades every time i port within the same are, toa djinns, nf porting on gorre, gateway to a bindpoint in the same zone (on normal servers and gorre) i go ld. can still see people moving around, chatting etc, but can't interact in any way (only centre ping thing goes red), stays like that for a while then ld.
occasionaly it'll make a port and still be okay, seems, though i'm not sure, to be when pc has been rebooted and porting to a quiet area

got 1gb ram, 3400+ althon 64, gf4ti 4200 64mb ram, running win xp on sp1

DrunkSkunk

Fledgling Freddie
when you start daoc, select : do a complete file-check.

maybe a file (or files are) is corrupted and get fixed this way ;)

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
Check files as suggest above, reinstall if that doesnt pick anything up.

Then check your video card drivers.

If that doesnt work check this thread for instructions on how to use pingplotter, especially if it happens other times as well... just to make sure it isnt your connection:-

https://forums.freddyshouse.com/showthread.php?t=37949

it has been exceptionally laggy for some people recently.

i was having the same probs... turned out to be a faulty memory stick.. when i checked the error reports being sent it was mainly stack errors and stuffs.. if you got 2 sticks of ram try taking 1 out and swapping them about, i just bought a new 1gb stick and all is fine...

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Netgear network card ?

If so, try the latest netgear drivers. They aren't XP approved, and they will reckon they are older than the installed XP ones, but force them, and it'll fix your problem. You'll find quite a few threads here on it.

Darzil

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
Elewyth(TLSOA) said:
i was having the same probs... turned out to be a faulty memory stick.. when i checked the error reports being sent it was mainly stack errors and stuffs.. if you got 2 sticks of ram try taking 1 out and swapping them about, i just bought a new 1gb stick and all is fine...

lol youve posted the same thing on two different posts, both with different symptoms. I would have though that faulty mem would cause exceptions or a lockup not the symptoms described here, but hey could be

Boni said:
lol youve posted the same thing on two different posts, both with different symptoms. I would have though that faulty mem would cause exceptions or a lockup not the symptoms described here, but hey could be

exactly what i thought, but if you think about it DAOC is accessing your memory all the time, it only takes 1 error for it to render something wrong or claim it doesnt have enuff free ram to carry on and your on the desktop... and memory being faulty is quite often the culprit.. either that or DX9.0c which is a pile of shit.

Elendar

One of Freddy's beloved
Darzil said:
Netgear network card ?

If so, try the latest netgear drivers. They aren't XP approved, and they will reckon they are older than the installed XP ones, but force them, and it'll fix your problem. You'll find quite a few threads here on it.

Darzil

using the onboard network card on msi k8n neo motherboard

and hmm, do have dx9.0c though i'd have thought it'd be a widespread problem if it was that

Blackchaos

Fledgling Freddie
I have the same problem :( I have fully reinstalled all DAoC no help there have tryed different graphic drivers no help there either updated all drivers i think but still no help :((

Daedalus

Can't get enough of FH
First, do a complete file-check. (Option in the DAoC updater).

Then, use this to verify if your memory is ok:
http://www.memtest86.com/

If it doesn't spam you with errors, the memory is fine.

Then, make sure that you have the latest NETWORK drivers as well. And not just via Windows Update. If you have an onboard network interface, go to the site of the motherboard manufacturer and download the latest net drivers there.

chretien

Fledgling Freddie
It'll be network drivers. Happened to a few people I know.
Find the make and model of your network card and update the drivers from the manufacturers website.
If you don't know how to find the make and model number then right-click on 'my computer' and choose 'properties'. Then click on the 'hardware' tab followed by the 'device manager' button.
You'll see an alphabetical list of all the hardware in your computer with the make and model number. Your network card will be listed as a 'Network Adapter'. Write down the model name and google for it with +drivers if there isn't an obvious manufacturer site (like www.3com.com or www.linksys.com for example).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom