Ld Ld Ld

Kaap

Fledgling Freddie
Hib/excal is horrible.

I went LD 3 times in 30 minutes. Pre-NF I did not have any problems.

GOA FIX THE LAG CAUSE I PAY A MONTHLY FEE TO PLAY YOUR SERVICE!

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
my bus was 25 mins late yesterday and took ages to get home :( missed out on loads of NF time.

GOA FIX MY BUS CAUSE I PAY A MONTHLY FEE TO PLAY YOUR SERVICE!

Oro

Fledgling Freddie
I had pretty horrible lag today when I was on for a little while but to be fair I was playing on a PC that was slightly under par.

Got to say though, NF shaping up to be what I'd hoped though I've only tried it in a really limited capacity so far :)

Now to try and work out what RAs I want to use as I've already got it wrong twice :D

Kaap

Fledgling Freddie
Oro said:
I had pretty horrible lag today when I was on for a little while but to be fair I was playing on a PC that was slightly under par.

Got to say though, NF shaping up to be what I'd hoped though I've only tried it in a really limited capacity so far :)

Now to try and work out what RAs I want to use as I've already got it wrong twice :D
At Nged mids, albs and hibs. massive ld's. The worst thing is, sometimes you get transported to the safe zones so because GOA's servers suck, people must walk to Nged again. Pfff

At least in Emain there wouldn't be such heavy LD's but nooo they just had to release this crappy zerg expansion.

Marath

Fledgling Freddie
Zerg more. Oh theres a keep take lets go there. Lag lag lag lag. Door brakes. Insta LD. Charter cant be logged back in ... wtf....

Ok lets try another charter then.

Haha mids are still on inner door... Lag lag lag lag. Door brakes. Insta LD. Charter cant be logged back in...

Ok thanks for the game and good bye.

dimerian

Fledgling Freddie
Gone 4-5 times today LD and very often red lag,didnt even bother log anymore after 2 fights in middle of em red lag -> ld.

No idea why this happens but atleast many more had same problems,opentransit? I dont know what that even means but thats what they keep saying might be the problem...could be great if it gets fixed/whatever causes this shit :(

Draylor

Part of the furniture
Pretty hopeless tonight.

Servers themselves seemed fine - but Opentranshit are taking the piss as usual.

Alithiel

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah, had a lot of lag caused by Opentransit once again... but fortunately no LD's tonight!

Game related lag was avoided by the simple measure of staying out of Hibernian territory and roaming the snowy wastelands of Midgard. Had some good fights and a lot of fun! ;)

dimerian

Fledgling Freddie
Hehe well lets hope its better today then,knew it was opentransit thing :touch:
:(

[GOA]Erivoss

[GOA] Official type person
please, keep sending us Ping Plots showing opentransit nodes going mad... we need them to keep the pressure on OT and also help them track down what's going wrong.

We don't need many, 3 or 4 from different places would help a lot. Remember, we need Ping Plots and NOT tracerts. Ping Plots show your connection over time (and so catch the lag spikes), tracerts are instant views of your connection and unless you take it at exactly the same time as a lag spike occurs, it's completely uselss to us :(

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Unfortunately the saved pingplotter files don't save the route change information, and nor do they log what the route change is. Certainly during the worst periods I've monitored, they are a lot of routing changes going on.

I've also run out of the 30 day trial version I got for doing this testing so I could send you the results, so I guess I have to either pay to test, or stop.

Darzil

Esselinithia

Fledgling Freddie
If it helps I can run mtr to check the connection between GTS-datanet (an ISP in hungary) and your servers often.

Gold

Fledgling Freddie
Lag, crash

log back in

*bla-bla is hitting you with his mace*

can't see anyone close to me...but bla-bla keeps hitting me, STOP THAT!

Spawn my doggy...and run some...bla-bla just got 2 friends...still noone around me though

20s after: HEY BLA-BLA, oh oh...hey bla-bla's friends...

Needless to say, I died...I didn't really get a chance to see who they were, but I am guessing bla-bla was a support-class, cuz the dmg was pathetic...one of bla-bla's friends did decent dmg though, but it's kinda hard to run from people u can't see, or fight them for that matter.

Even so, NF is ok...it would be better without massive lag and ld's, but hey...I used to play ao, so I am used to 10 times the lag and 10 times the ld's.

Xray

Fledgling Freddie
[GOA]Erivoss said:
please, keep sending us Ping Plots showing opentransit nodes going mad... we need them to keep the pressure on OT and also help them track down what's going wrong.

Well this is refreshing. Atleast you guys recognise there is a problem. A guild mate of mine was told by a GM in game that all the lag was his own fault and that he should stop whining.

I play on 3,2 Ghz P4, 1 Gb DDR2, PCI Xpress x800 with 4 Mbit ADSL connection. And the lag the past two days has made it virtually unplayable. Constant LD's, huge lag spikes, red PL + Ping, 10 sec delay when i press an action on my Quick Bar.

I was playing on US servers for the last month, there were none of these problems there, even on the busiest servers at peak time.

Draylor

Part of the furniture
Darzil said:
I've also run out of the 30 day trial version I got for doing this testing so I could send you the results, so I guess I have to either pay to test, or stop.
You can work around that easily enough if your happy using the 'regedit' tool.

If you were to uninstall pingplotter, run regedit, search for a folder named 'nessoft' and delete the 'pingplotter' folder it contains you could reinstall pingplotter with a new 30 day trial period.

If you havent used regedit before, or dont understand what it does: please dont try this. 1 mistake could quite easily leave you with no option than to reinstall Windows.

Formash

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
my bus was 25 mins late yesterday and took ages to get home :( missed out on loads of NF time.

GOA FIX MY BUS CAUSE I PAY A MONTHLY FEE TO PLAY YOUR SERVICE!

:clap:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom