Lazy bugger, needs some graphics card advice

Oro

Fledgling Freddie
Hey chaps, whats the current best graphics card on the market? Cost isn't a factor.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
x800 from ati .. think its been released .. its the top end gfx card ... 300 + pounds

edit: There is a nvidia equivelent to the x800 the 6800 i think that cost slightly more than the ati with similar performance

tho more reasonable choice would be the ati 9800pro can get that for about 129 pounds if u shop around and will play any current released game with comfort.

Naetha

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah they're good cards, but if you don't want to be that extravagant, the geforce fx 5950xt is generally a good bet - can get it as a 128mb or 256 mb graphics card, from about £180 to £300, and my current one, the geforce fx 5700 Ultra is extremely good.

I also have a radeon 9500 pro and I find it good, but a bit buggy in some areas (like the torch doesn't work in some parts of dungeons like DF and AC) - I don't know if thats fixed in later cards, but its what made me chose an Nvidia card over an ATI card this time around ;)

Oro

Fledgling Freddie
This is probably where I admit I'm not paying for it directly :D

Naetha

Fledgling Freddie
Well if someone else is paying for it, get them to buy you this one for £1612 :D

Incidentally if they're fabulously rich can you persuade them to buy me a new comp too? ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom