Latest News

Poag

m00?
BF2 Servers [Ranked] Have been rolled back to version 1.0, this includes Freddyfield

This will require you to completly uninstall and reinstall. MPUK did this this morning without warning.

I'm sorry for any inconvienience this may cause you guys but the 4 map crash bug was pretty major :(

On the bright side you can keep your profiles and the like..so no key rebinding.

Poag

m00?
Also with the roll back servers can't be admined whislt running..

So we had 50 US vs 14 MEC on karkand..and we still won..i do blame my amzing commanding tho :p

As such the server is currently passworded to stop people abusing it...its fish if you wanna go on it but its empty right now..i'll put some 16 player maps on in a bit.

Bellona

Banned
I just cant get why they didnt put in some kind of popup when you logged into your account with news about things like these, people like me that doesnt check the official websites THAT often will never find out till only the bad servers with high ping are left, or read it on some forum.

give ingame news upon login \o/

and a automatic patcher similar to the ones from mmorpgs, just with choices and modifications, but still something easier than go to website, dl and install, rather have the application take care of these things

Embattle

FH is my second home
Just had a lovely 44 vs 19 game....kind of sad and fun.

PS Freddys servers seems to be locked.

Poag

m00?
yeah its locked up becuase it was 50 vs 14 earlier lots of the other BF Clan servers are locked up too becuase its skewing stats

Poag

m00?
Password is fish if you'd like to play on it :)

Currently running some 16 player maps.

~Yuckfou~

Lovely person
This whole fucking episode is a disgrace. This is the last EA game I'll be buying on launch.

edit/
Steam was slated, but it works and has features the gamers want.
I mean is it so difficult to have a "favourites" list for example.

Ukle

One of Freddy's beloved
Steam was mostly slated though by pirating gits as it stops them dead in there tracks. I never had an issue with Steam and glad to see the first none valve game will becoming to it this year, its far far better than any other copy protection method.

As for EA think I will do the same as it proves they dont care about there customers just about the profit. After all its not hard to test to see if your server code crashes after 4 map changes ffs.

~Yuckfou~

Lovely person
If it was any other kind of product it would be taken off the shelves.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
If it makes you feel any better, the latest CS:S update is fucking aweful too :)

Mr.Bee

Fledgling Freddie
Ever since i got this game its tried its hardest to stop me playing it, key bindings, filters that dont work, cant connect, patch rollback... sigh :(

xane

Fledgling Freddie
I think he means BF:1942 and BF:V.

I don't think there were any show stoppers like this with BF:1942 or BF:V, in the BF:1942 it was mainly anti-cheat and anti-exploit fixes plus a wedgeload of new features, and in BF:V it was updates from BF:1942, weapon rebalancing and new maps, plus the WWII Mod.

Furr

Can't get enough of FH
psshhhh... can't login... LAME!!!

Somthing has to be done with the next patch with this verifying client and loading problems, seems to be what takes up the most time...

Athan

Resident Freddy
Well, bf1942 did have absolutely awful infantry hitcode to start with (sound familiar?). I'm still not sure if they actually fixed it or if the hit indicator made it easier to work around....

-Ath

Mr.Bee

Fledgling Freddie
dont think its changed much, seen vids of TOW missiles going through jeeps and someone headshooting close up taking 3 shots to register a hit :eek2:

Aada

Part of the furniture
Mr.Bee said:
dont think its changed much, seen vids of TOW missiles going through jeeps and someone headshooting close up taking 3 shots to register a hit :eek2:

yep seen this too the SA80 is the worst weapon for this ive fired bullets at people 10f away from me and the bullets just go into the ground (no its not on automatic)

however in the new patch this weapon seems to have had a boost.

xane

Fledgling Freddie
Athan said:
Well, bf1942 did have absolutely awful infantry hitcode to start with (sound familiar?). I'm still not sure if they actually fixed it or if the hit indicator made it easier to work around....

I seem to recall doing some experimentation with BF:1942 and I found the line of sight for shooting eminates from the mid point of the soldier model rather than where the actual gun is, or where you'd expect the crosshair to be.

When you are close up face to face to your target and aiming for the head, you'd think the LoS would be directly straight in front of you but in fact it was a rather acute angle going upwards from a point below, such angles made it very hard to aim, this is why you often saw your bullets hitting the top of the doorframe when you bumped into an enemy coming through it.

Similarly with bullets hitting the top of a sandbag barrier you crouched behind even though your crosshairs were quite clear of it, this was a common problem with AA guns too.

I never checked BF:V, I didn't seem to experience the same problems, I always seemed to hit targets where I wanted and even using single-shot weapons manage a kill in 1-3 hits, I did experience clipping shots at the corners of walls, etc, where your LoS was clear of an obstruction but the bullets hit it instead, this was more of a problem in the horizontal plane than the vertical.

I'd have thought they would fix this in BF2, perhaps even with more accurate LoS depending on your stance (standing, crouching, prone).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom