Latency issues?

Marcus75

Fledgling Freddie
Primetime on the Beta Server I get like 300-400+ in latency all the time...its permanent yellow or red and I doubt its my ISP as its 10mb up/down.

Anyone else got high latency all the time? Only time it goes down to green is when its late in the night or before lunchtime. Either its the servers that cant handle the load at all or its my gfx card thats the bottleneck...I really fail to see what else it could be. I got a AMD Athlon 1800+, 1024mb ram and a GF3 ti200 64mb graphic card.

How's your latency?

Pinp

Banned
Mine is often on yellow-red at primettime too, not for very long though.

Solo

Fledgling Freddie
Marcus75 said:
Primetime on the Beta Server I get like 300-400+ in latency all the time...its permanent yellow or red and I doubt its my ISP as its 10mb up/down.

Anyone else got high latency all the time? Only time it goes down to green is when its late in the night or before lunchtime. Either its the servers that cant handle the load at all or its my gfx card thats the bottleneck...I really fail to see what else it could be. I got a AMD Athlon 1800+, 1024mb ram and a GF3 ti200 64mb graphic card.

How's your latency?

Basically I have exactly the same problem. Late night its fine constantly green. But during primetime it just spirals up between yellow and red (when other games ping perfectly at this time).

Its hard to tell if its my connection or the game. Since im on uni connection which is generally very fast it should be fine for WoW.

I have a post on the offical forums about it. Ive spoken to ITS and they say the ports are not blocked so im trying to think what else it could be. Same behavior with and without a firewall on. My computer is also well above min req.

You can see the post here:
http://forums-en.wow-europe.com/thread.aspx?fn=wow-tech-support-en&t=5197&s=new#new

Bone_Idle

Fledgling Freddie
Playing normal beta 3 server here.

Have around 80 - 120 ping all times of the day.

Lakih

Resident Freddy
Had same problem today on PvP6... small lagspikes (those that annoy you, but you can still play) and high latency all day...

Ralgedi Smurf

One of Freddy's beloved
rarely goes above 120ms on neither pvp 7 or 8, Infact i havet had any problems whatsoever during the beta except the times where everybody was kicked off, way more smooth then US beta sofar, but i guess they learned from the past :)

Cyradix

FH is my second home
The lag spikes yesterday were caused by a Telia router.

Marcus75

Fledgling Freddie
Well it was sunday last night and I reached an alltime high of 800+ in latency...it would seem that its some problems with routing/routers.

Happy to hear its not affecting the entire community at least.

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
130-280 range with DSL 512kb EN pvp server7

Only had very few lag spikes during the OB so far (and the 2 server reboots for 2min)

Ralgedi Smurf

One of Freddy's beloved
Vasconcelos said:
130-280 range with DSL 512kb EN pvp server7

Only had very few lag spikes during the OB so far (and the 2 server reboots for 2min)

Yep the restarts of the server is impressive fast, but its annyoing they dont give a warining a few mins before :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom