Games Last Remnant

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
any of you guys know about this game? I'm downloading the demo off Steam for the PC, but tbh I think this would be ideal for my PS/3.

webshite: THE LAST REMNANT | SQUARE ENIX

I'm dling the benchmark too, so I should be able to let you guys know what my machine does in a minute or five :) it is S/E though, so I am expecting a bunch of angst ridden teens in leather suits who have extreme difficulty dealing with lots of girls who find them teh hot. Bit like Devil May Cry, but less manly and stuff :)

TdC

yup angsty teens and rabbit-lizard creatures, just my thing. I get 70fps at 1920x1200, and 100fps average at 1280x1024. the benchmark itself looks very pretty, though they seem to have some weird blur effect on things that aren't in direct "focus" in camera.

Attachments

• tlr.jpg
    tlr.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 43
  • tlr2.jpg
    tlr2.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 50

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Too ashamed to post this in General, Teeds? :)

Had no idea this was coming to PC, downloading the demo now. If it comes out without any stupid DRM I'll be buying it (assuming the demo isn't dogwank).

TdC

Nath me old bean, I hope you have a decent joypad connected to your pc or otherwise the demo is going to be dogwank from the start (unless you can figure out what they mean when they say "press R1" or "press Y". well, I can press Y on my kbd, but that does a whole lot of nothing :)

edit: ooh silly me, you can change all that in the uber (not) handy settings screen. by default the game thinks you're running a joypad of sorts. I've set it to kbd and now it seems I can perform critical hits :)

oh, and :p

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Yup, all sorted on that front - got an X360 wireless receiver. Demo's downloaded trying now :).

TdC

sweet, that will play a lot nicer than the keyboard I think. anyway, I must away to have beautiful sleeps and stuff :)

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Fixed 16:9 aspect ratio on PC's makes the baby Jesus cry. Looks fun, but that's a deal breaker for me :\.

TdC

d'you think that will be in the full game too? I mean, they go out of their way to say that the demo will/may not reflect the actual game (which in itself is dubious I admit).

nath

Fledgling Freddie
I remember a time when that line in a demo was just as standard as "The characters portrayed are entirely fictional, yadda yadda" at the end of films. I don't think it means anything significant, we'll see.

Did actually get me thinking about buying this though. I just can't quite bring myself to retire my Viewsonic 5:4.

TdC

that monitor looks sweet as tbh. my dell still serves me well though, now that I have a pc capable of backing up the huge rez heh.

on the game: the very first mission I went on proved to be a meh moment; kill some giant in a castle. first time through the giant didn't actually spawn but I made a load of XP or whatever this game calls it (you apparently auto-learn things and stuff), then the second time in it *did* spawn, and kills me no matter what I do heh. Combat goes ok, but I have no idea what to do with stuff I pick up atm.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Oh yeah, PC beefcakeness is another issue. I've got an 8800 Ultra 768mb - hopefully that'd cope with 1920x1200 but it's a bit of a jump from 1280x1024.

The combat system in Last Remnant is absolutely bizarre but I expect there's training in the earlier levels, the demo seems to put you in a bit of a way in to the game.

Afran

Part of the furniture
Worth noting that this game does not run well on PS3/Xbox 360. Huge FPS issues and general performance hick-ups, these were fixed for the PC version though.

I've completed the demo a couple of times, there's actually a few ways you can do the quests ;o Give retail :)

TdC

how did you kill the *$%*$% giant in the ruined castle? *whatever* I try it destroys me :/

Uara

Part of the furniture
You've got to swaffle it, its the only way!!

Afran

Part of the furniture
how did you kill the *$%*$% giant in the ruined castle? *whatever* I try it destroys me :/

What giant is that? Mad Demon thing?

Edit: muh bedtime, if its the mad demon don't think you can down it in demo without best gear etc as it's level 25 :p

if it's the third committee focus attacks on the eagles 1st

TdC

You've got to swaffle it, its the only way!!
one would need a truely awesome co><en for that. mine would pale to insignificance beside it :/ (ooh, I'm honest as well as moderately endowed!)

What giant is that? Mad Demon thing?

Edit: muh bedtime, if its the mad demon don't think you can down it in demo without best gear etc as it's level 25 :p

if it's the third committee focus attacks on the eagles 1st

something called "Caligua". it has a hammer, and beats the &%$$ out of me every time :/ I'm battle rank 15 though o0

edit: it looks like this (see attachment)

Attachments

• giantffs.jpg
    giantffs.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 38

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
9th of April!

*Hibernates for a month*

Hopefully it will pave the way for final fantasy.

Afran

Part of the furniture
Could always order it from US as it's out 25th of this month there :p

Not sure I've seen that guy tdc ;o only bosses I remember in there is the third commitee for the quest and the mad demon which I couldn't kill at rank 19, and it took me a couple h otherwise pointless grinding to get that, lvling the digger was strangely addicting tho :p

TdC

heh "come on out!" makes me cringe tbh, like he's digging for ore with his magic co><-snake or something o0

too bad you didn't meet the hammer-man mate, cheers for your help anyways.

in conclusion, I don't know if I will be purchasing this game. there are a lot of things about it that irritate me: the random banter between the chars, the talking in battle, the fact that the levels seem HUGE -eg built on a larger than human scale- while your char comes across as tiny. in fact, most of the things that made me hate DMC4.
on the plus, the graphics are absolutely gorgeous!

TdC

I've found this:
Code:
Genre: RPG

Platform: PlayStation 3

Developer: Square Enix

Publisher: Square Enix

Release Date US: December 31, 2009

Release Date (Other Regions): Japan: June 30, 2008, Australia: December 31, 2009

but I don't know how valid it is o0

TdC

well that info appears to be incorrect. the US amazon says:
his item will be released on March 24, 2009. (PC)

and even though the official TLR website has a playstation 3 logo prominently displayed, no mention of that version is given anywhere :/

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
I downloaded the demo, and not to pour water on the fire on this one, but I thought it blowed, but then I never did like this type of game, just my opinion, harmless as it is :)

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Hmpf. Lets flame him for no apparent reason other than having a different oppinion!

TdC

it's ok, I'm not being flamed. imo I've discovered what I find troublesome about the game and that is that it is turn-based. That said, I've also played games like Neverwinter, where the turns are much more subtle and it completely didn't bother me then.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
it's ok, I'm not being flamed. imo I've discovered what I find troublesome about the game and that is that it is turn-based. That said, I've also played games like Neverwinter, where the turns are much more subtle and it completely didn't bother me then.

I ment i will flame Imgoriel for because of his opinion, for no apparent reason ;)

TdC

My mates always wanted me to play FF with them, not because I was any good generally, but because I completely pwned at the minigames. The rest of the time, I was mostly bored, or laughing at the monsters :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom