Last night was unplayable

O

old.Khain

So to get back a little of my LD deaths are we going to get Exp given????

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

How many times did you log in to die again after your first lag death, numbnut? LOL

"Twenty log in's the last half hour, died every single time... lost all my bubbles. GOA's gonna pay!"

Get a grip. If you're too thick to realize there is a problem after you repeatedly die due to lag, all you deserve is a good smack in the nuts.

L

LunarDarkShadow

Anyone with half a brain could see that it just wasnt worth hunting last night.

Perhaps it might have been a nice time to do a bit of crafting instead, hmm?

Or, even.......(gasp) play... something.....else.....:eek6:

V

Vell

Yup, if you are stupid enough to continue playing when the server was performing like that, then you are probably so stupid that you will have forgotten about the entire thing in three hours time anyway.

Me? I had a look through my cd's, and played the best game ever....The Bard's Tale (80's style rpg which is really really crap) and I loved it to bits. Tonight: Bards Tale 2!

B

Brannor McThife

Bard's Tale! Noooooo!

Gawd, the number of times I got lost in that friggin' city only to walk into 800 vampires... :rolleyes:

Personally, I sorted out a hardware problem with my sound, installed the Ghost Recon expansion and played a mission. Senseless carnage...the way I like it. ;)

-G

F

Flimgoblin

I remember bards tale 3 on my c64... (yep they released it for the c64 as well as the amiga :))
My party was unbelievably cack so I spent the entire time with my bard playing 'sir robins song' so I could run away from everything...

M

madferrit

hehe I was most cunning, I earnt some 'GC's' (Girlfriend Credits)

By heroically announcing that i would put aside my gaming for one night to spend some 'quality time' with her (i should get an Oscar for my acting skills).

Oh yes, what a plan :)

V

Vell

Originally posted by Fingoniel

My party was unbelievably cack so I spent the entire time with my bard playing 'sir robins song' so I could run away from everything...

:D :D :D I love that song! I think I'll save BT3:Thief of Fate for next week. It'll probably take me a while to complete BT2.

What other games did everyone else play? Ummm....

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

I actually played Bane of the Cosmic Forge the other day... gotta love drawing maps by hand (not) ;)

B

Breni

Originally posted by Vell

What other games did everyone else play? Ummm....

Any of the old SSI games - Pool of Radiance, Secret of the Silver Blades. Oh, and Eye of the Beholder!

Just so long as we were on the subject of very old RPGs :)

O

old.Tohtori

GT3...GTA3...subspace...starcontrol2...then i got bored at 4am:p

O

old.Khain

Originally posted by LunarDarkShadow
Anyone with half a brain could see that it just wasnt worth hunting last night.

Perhaps it might have been a nice time to do a bit of crafting instead, hmm?

Or, even.......(gasp) play... something.....else.....:eek6:

Well if the game was unplayable then the same goes like last time when they gave out exp. could not even craft with the lag.

as you say it was unplayable. this does not mean that i LD'ed 2 times before i stopped and bother times got killed.

O

old.Khain

Originally posted by Vell
Yup, if you are stupid enough to continue playing when the server was performing like that, then you are probably so stupid that you will have forgotten about the entire thing in three hours time anyway.

Me? I had a look through my cd's, and played the best game ever....The Bard's Tale (80's style rpg which is really really crap) and I loved it to bits. Tonight: Bards Tale 2!

I would reply more but you sound like a twat

J

Jupitus

Originally posted by old.Khain
Well if the game was unplayable then the same goes like last time when they gave out exp. could not even craft with the lag.

as you say it was unplayable. this does not mean that i LD'ed 2 times before i stopped and bother times got killed.

As far as I know, the only time xp has been given out due to technical problems was ages ago when there was a rollback to characters saved several hours previously. This was when the character database got corrupted with the severe DOS attacks that were going on.

LD's can and will happen - its a fact of life, so get used to it. OK - granted there was a specific problem with a router at Wanadoo which would have affected most players, but if everytime someone goes linkdead they start dishing out xp I may as well go and see a movie and wait 'til I'm level 50. Don't be daft :) Get hold of pingplotter and run it in the background as you play. If you go l/d then take a look at where the problem is occurring as soon as you are out and monitor for a couple of minutes - I do this and very often its actually my ISP rather than wanadoo, particularly with the current well-known issues with the internet in general.

I

ironclaw

I seem to remember that giving exp was introduced in the USA when servers were unexpectedly down, so perhaps it would have been fairer to close the servers as it seems pretty much agreed DAoC was unplayable - and thus give exp or cash refund.

I was surprised and disapointed with the rather rude tone of the suggestion that anyone playing after LD is stupid and should know better. How long should one wait before retrying? Well since the problem lasted at least 12 hours then the writer would seem to be suggesting that one should log off for at least a day after LD. Well I don't know about the writer of the post, but since I go LD at least twice a day I would never be able to play the game and would be forced to read his rubish on a more reqular basis

B

Brannor McThife

IC, nice to see you make an appearance. Some people used the lag to advance their crafting skills. In the words of one crafter: "I've never seen so many people crafting in one place before"...apparently, the entire courtyard around the forge in Camelot was crammed with crafters.

And yes, XP was given back then because the servers were down, and we "lost" gaming time and XP already gained by the rollback.

-G

J

Jupitus

I think the key was to just check the performance-meter ingame (Shift+p to bring this up). It was very apparent to me within the first few minutes ingame that the lag was far worse last night than it has been at other times, and hopefully it would be apparent to others....

V

Vell

Originally posted by inqy
if only we all had your godly brilliance jupi. ;)

We do. At least, some of us do. And then again, some of us quite obviously don't.

A

Ardwan

I bought an X-box and Halo to keep me occupied last night

O

old.mattshanes

Good choice i like that;) also wreckless is a great fun car game on the xbox:)

F

Flimgoblin

EoB was evil...
Especially when it was dark and you're surrounded by giant spiders... ewww

A

Ardwan

Aye, I thought it was a bit short though, I completed it with only about 18hours straight playing :)
Although the co-op mode is gonna be a lot of fun

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom