Last nail in coffin?

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Talking about the "no more content patches" thing. They're expecting people to do this content for another 9 months, especially when people are saying the latest content patch is done in less then a month at casual pace. Really wondering what they're doing there, even if i've long since quit(as have all but few of my old guildies, so no reason there either to return).

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I didn't think much of the patch, renewed to have a poke at it and to be quite frank, its shite. More worryingly by their own admission they've been working on 6.2 since Draenor first went live... and this is all they have to show for it, piss poor excuse for a patch.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Finished with the patch now, just need the last boss of the new raid on normal, can't be arsed with raiding heroic or mythic now, the raid is just so bad. 1 more pet from the dailies to get and 2 from darkmoon fayre and thats me finished until the next expansion (if I even bother with it!) Would like to upgrade the ring again buy meh

Terrible expansion killed by a terrible patch. We have gone from a raid team of 30 at the start of the expansion to a raid team of around 12 and that's with some new faces.

I wouldn't be in the lease surprised if it drops well below 5 million subs over the next couple of months. Not dead by a longshot but worrying none-the-less.

My subs run for another year or so which is unfortunate so I might log on when they finally give us flying and get the archaeology achievements but probably wont bother.

pikeh

Resident Freddy
The thing is, no matter how shit it gets, in the meantime it still has no decent competition. GW2 is good but not vertical progression means WoW raiders and hardcores are unlikely to be thrilled with it.

Played WoW for a year or so and honestly unlike any other MMO's or games Ive ever played, I had no desire to 'just play one last time'...

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I honestly think the MMO scene is all but dead soon("dead" as in EVE sized numbers etc), unless someone brings something really spectacular to the table, or VR MMOs really hit the ground running.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
The thing is, no matter how shit it gets, in the meantime it still has no decent competition. GW2 is good but not vertical progression means WoW raiders and hardcores are unlikely to be thrilled with it.

Played WoW for a year or so and honestly unlike any other MMO's or games Ive ever played, I had no desire to 'just play one last time'...

I need to give GW2 another shot tbh, haven't played it since shortly after release.

I honestly think the MMO scene is all but dead soon("dead" as in EVE sized numbers etc), unless someone brings something really spectacular to the table, or VR MMOs really hit the ground running.

On the contrary, most MMO's seem to be going the casual route, if they do the casual route properly they stand to make a killing because to be honest there are infinitely more casual players than there are hardcore players, I think Blizzards focus on Mythic raids (even though they claim it takes up virtually no resources) is the wrong way to go.

Look at Wrath of the Lich King - the 'free loot' expansion, but its possibly the largest player base WoW has ever had over time as opposed to quick bursts of players like recent expansions.

ECA

I am a FH squatter

FFXIV actually has quite challenging pve content updated on a regular basis.
Incredible that it recovered from its launch actually.

Not that i'm playing it, pve mmos not my thing anymore.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Lol, the batshit crazy made up stories have started for the next expansion, found this gem on mmo-champion this morning. I wonder how many drinks it took to think this drivel up.

Eye of Azshara™ leaked information

Main villain: Sargeras
Continent: Old Kalimdor
Zones: Zin-Azshari, Eldre'Thalas, Suramar and even the Emerald Dream
Levelcap: Remains at 100
New Hero Class: Demon Hunter
New Races: High Elves for Alliance, Naga for Horde

The intro cinematic shows Gul'dan thrown through the portal and right at the feet of Illidan. Gul'dan looks up to see Illidan and all the Demon Hunters, that he trains. Illidan tells him that now that Archimonde is dead, he will serve Kil'jaeden, and that the two are to team up to go on an important mission. Kil'jaeden, who has revived Illidan in the Twisting Nether, and who has told Archimonde that should Gul'dan fail, he will take care of him, sends Illidan and Gul'dan on a mission that will require them to go back ten thousand years in time to the War of the Ancients. They are to retrieve the Eye of Azshara!

What is the Eye of Azshara? Like the Eye of Sargeras, the Eye of Azshara was a powerful artifact. It was created by Azshara ten thousand years ago to hold a great portion of her power. With the Eye of Sargeras destroyed, and the Eye of Azshara from our timeline destroyed when the Sundering happened, the only way to retrieve the Eye of Azshara is to go into the past of Azeroth, to a Kalimdor from before the Sundering happened, and to retrieve the Eye of Azshara from there.

But Illidan and Gul'dan are not the only ones that want the Eye of Azshara. It is also sought after by... Azshara! Azshara sealed a good portion of her energy into the Eye of Azshara when she created it. When it was destroyed in the Sundering, that power was forever lost. She has been looking for a new source of power ever since, but was never able to find one. She has now come up with a plan to get the Eye back into her possession. Go back in time, and save it before it gets destroyed.

Azshara has trained a group of Naga near the coast of Durotar to seek out the Horde and tell them of the Eye, to convince them that they have split from their Queen Azshara, and that they can help them get the artifact. And that the Alliance wants it, too! The Blood Elves confirm the existence of the Eye, and the Horde accepts the Naga, while remaining doubtful of their intentions.

Another group that knows of the existence of the Eye are the High Elves of Dalaran. When they learn that a group of Naga has joined the Horde to retrieve the Eye, they become determined to stop them. They join the Alliance in order to stop the Eye from falling into the hands of the Naga and the Horde. The last they want is for their Blood Elf cousins to get a grab on the Eye of Azshara.

Lastly, Illidan has a little faction of his own. A group of Demon Hunters, made up of races from both the Alliance and the Horde, are devoted to him. They know of Illidan's real plan. Illidan never intended to serve Kil'jaeden and the Legion, not for long anyway. Illidan has only been waiting for the right moment to break away from his demon masters. The last Illidan wants is for the Eye of Azshara to fall into the hands of the Legion. After all, he fought so hard to keep Sargeras from invading Azeroth ten thousand years ago.

Therefore Illidan sends out his Demon Hunters to the Horde and to the Alliance, to cooperate with them. Without the knowledge of Gul'dan or their demon masters, of course.

Old Kalimdor is the past version of Azeroth, before the Sundering happened. It will feature zones such as Zin-Azshari, Eldre'thalas, Suramar and even the Emerald Dream.

The starting area for the Naga will be an underwater zone near the coast of Durotar. The questing experience will then flow into the Barrens or Azshara.

The starting area for the High Elves will be a Dalaran that has landed in the Theramore crater. The Violet Hold will be further explored by fresh High Elf characters and provide the first few quests. The use of magic has ripped the fabric of time apart and portals to other worlds have opened inside Dalaran and around the old Theramore crater. New High Elf characters will have to go through these portals and eventually close the connection to these worlds and ours. The questing experience will then flow into a revamped Dustwallow Marsh. The whole zone is revamped, with Dalaran and High Elf styled buildings, outposts and decorations. Onyxia's lair has been taken over by Kalecgos and the blue dragonflight, so that he can be close to Jaina. The questing experience will then flow into the Stonetalon Mountains and the Southern Barrens.

The starting area for the Demon Hunters will be the Legion world that Gul'dan enters when he gets thrown through the portal. Here are Illidan's Demon Hunter training grounds. At the end of the zone, Illidan will tell the Demon Hunters of his plan. Their true loyalty lies with Illidan only. He follows the Legion, they follow the Legion. He betrays the Legion, they betray the Legion.

The first raid tier will be a raid on Azshara's palace. Here, the Alliance and Horde will attempt to retrieve the Eye before any other faction will be able to. They will both fail and watch as Illidan and Gul'dan steal the Eye.

The second raid tier will be a joined effort by both the Alliance and the Horde to stop Sargeras from entering the world. With all of the meddling from the Alliance, the Horde and Illidan and Gul'dan, Azeroth is at risk of failing to stop Sargeras from entering the world, and they have to put everything into saving their own timeline. Gul'dan and Illidan will try to help Sargeras enter this world and they will succeed and the Alliance and the Horde have to face the Dark Titan, and defeat him.

Throughout the expansion Illidan will offer the legendary questline to players. Through this questline players will learn a lot about what Illidan really plans, and how he tries to deceive Gul'dan, Kil'jaeden and ultimately even Sargeras. At the end of the Sargeras fight, Illidan will use the Eye of Azshara against Sargeras and kill the Dark Titan.

The Eye of Azshara will shatter, but Illidan will use a shard of the Eye for the legendary questline and create a legendary necklace, Pendant of Azshara.

With Sargeras dead, and Illidan having exposed his true loyalties, Illidan goes into hiding as he expects the wrath of his former master, Kil'jaeden.

edited for punctuation and to point out that the title was changed, this is 100% accurate information

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
The starting area for the Naga will be an underwater zone near the coast of Durotar.

That would be the rather interesting as it wouldn't fit the lore at all.

Should atleast make up lore-reliant bull :p

On the contrary, most MMO's seem to be going the casual route,

Yeah wasn't commenting on what kind of demographic they have, but rather that they will be fire&forget MMOs more likely. Not that much budget, or big plans, just a world to pop players in and see if it makes a profit.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
One interesting thing I will touch on though that Blizzard confirmed on Twitter is that Demon's can only be killed IN the Twisting Nether, all Demon's that die outside of the Nether simply return to the Nether... which has pretty big implications when you consider Illidan was a demon and many other notable demons that have died over the years.

So the expansion idea I pulled off MMO-Champion is obviously bullshit but I do believe the next expansion will be a demon focussed one given how this expansion ended.

Blizzard will have to work some wonder magic though because if it turns out as shit as Draenor was people will just /quit after a week or two.

Explains why Kazzak keeps coming back I guess :p

Last edited:

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Yeah, there is the whole burning legion thing which would be a really fitting end to wow, outside the old gods ofcourse.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
FFXIV actually has quite challenging pve content updated on a regular basis.

Gave that game a go a couple of months back and absolutely hated it... One of the first quests i got took me 3 FUCKING HOURS to complete because i just couldn't find the NPC i was supposed to talk to....

DavidH

Part of the furniture
Just started playing a bit of GW2 again. I didn't play it much after its release either. It seems promising to me, even though its mainly because I'm so tired with WoW right now. Still, I'm gonna keep pushing towards 80 and see how I feel about it.

pikeh

Resident Freddy
Its worth keeping it installed as its free, jump in and out as you like.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Been cnsidering playing GW myself. Probably start later in the summer when things slow down and i wait for xcom and stuff. Will be interesting to see hwo thigns are and i've forgotten so much that i'll just sell everything, transfer stuff to 1 char and start again as a rich bastard :p

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
Gave that game a go a couple of months back and absolutely hated it... One of the first quests i got took me 3 FUCKING HOURS to complete because i just couldn't find the NPC i was supposed to talk to....
My biggest gripe with that game was the endless farming if you wanted to craft. :p

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I am kind of thinking I just don't need a PvE MMO in my life any more. The genre is pretty stale and nobody is really bringing anything new to the table, level, gear up, raid etc etc.

I am hoping that Camelot Unchained ticks all the boxes for a decent PvP MMO

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
My biggest gripe with that game was the endless farming if you wanted to craft. :p
Never touched crafting. Asian MMO's crafting is generally something you only do after you stop leveling, doing both at the same time trying to have any use of the shit you craft would just make you take years to reach max level if you have even the slightest bit of real life to attend to...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom