Laptop gets really hot

ElemenT

One of Freddy's beloved
When I play DAoC on my laptop it gets really hot. Could this be bad for my hardware in the long run? It's not like it struggles to run DAoC as it's a pretty good laptop (2.4GHz, 3GB ram).

From now on I'm only going to run my bot on it though so I hope it'll be a bit better.

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
Wouldnt worry if its stable.

Lots of laptops run really hot, you can buy cooling docks for them if you are that bothered.

Amiga

Can't get enough of FH
Well if you only run your bot on it and its standing somewhere in the frontiers 90% of the time i would suggest you alt+tab to the desktop after buffing. Shouldnt get too hot from that.

Not sure how daoc works in window mode though since ive never used it.

civy

One of Freddy's beloved
Mine runs toastie hot. I'm gonna leave cooling it till the warenty runs out. If its gonna go boom I want it to blow while I can still return it hehe.

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
You could throttle your notebook down. Some notebooks come with a tool to set the performance level, as in how much power do you want while on battery.

If yours doesn't have it, there's tools like SpeedswitchXP.
To run DAoC, you could throttle your notebook down to 800MHz and it'll run good enough. Keeps things cool'n'quiet.

Xrystofer

Resident Freddy
my brother bought a cooling dock or whatever is called and also removed a protection under his laptop and now its pretty oki

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Yep I can recomend the fan driven cooling trays, they work very well on my monster Tosh x200

Litmus

Resident Freddy
Surely, if the laptop can run the game, and its way with the specs the game advertised then it shouldnt be a problem? If it is then its a manufactures issue. Its like buying a Ferrari and not going above 100mph in case the engine blows.

liloe

It's my birthday today!
Its like buying a Ferrari and not going above 100mph in case the engine blows.

I want to see you drive 100 mph in case the engine blows :p

Sorry, couldn't really resist ^^

adoNix

Can't get enough of FH
i just place my laptop on whatever lays on my desk so it has free airflow under the laptop.. never gets hot that way :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom