Laptop battery trouble

XeffoInfil

Fledgling Freddie
I have a Compaq presario lappy and its been workin perfectly fine for the past few months til recently...i noticed that when playing games (most of em) my battery just suddenly charges by itself (even if it was on 100%) to start with. The adaptor then becomes SOooo hot my old adaptor actually melted. i know its not supposed to do that.. im kinda thinking its my battery thats the culprit, any other ideas?

georgie

FH is my second home
XeffoInfil said:
The adaptor then becomes SOooo hot my old adaptor actually melted. i know its not supposed to do that..

lol, you don't say... :D

Flippant Desires

Fledgling Freddie
XeffoInfil said:
I have a Compaq presario lappy and its been workin perfectly fine for the past few months til recently...i noticed that when playing games (most of em) my battery just suddenly charges by itself (even if it was on 100%) to start with. The adaptor then becomes SOooo hot my old adaptor actually melted. i know its not supposed to do that.. im kinda thinking its my battery thats the culprit, any other ideas?

How old is the battery? Been a while since i used a laptop, but think the average lifespan of a battery is 3yrs...or less.

If the battery is new, then get onto your tech support as you may have a faulty battery.

Not sure what else it could be :/

Dreamor

Can't get enough of FH
I also have a Presario and the Battery 'just' died on me also :(

Speaking to Hewlett Packard they said there was a 'bad batch' about 4-7 months ago... they sending me a replacement!

Speak to the people you bought yours off as the Battery has a 2-3 year life (as mentioned) and get a replacement!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom