language transaltion

Haldar

Fledgling Freddie
i've tried to play on Logres (german server)...and i was shocked with the amount of info that i dont understand - which i should've expected as i dont know Deutch at all :)

however, im pretty sure that there must be some method of translating standard game information (shopping lists, skill/attr names for example, mb NPC names and their texts) back into English. anyone know of the way of "tricking" game into thinking that server is english - with appropriate language of info?....or just rewriting german info files with english ones (was unable to find them)

however, the problems of communication with people remains...but this is another story...

nOmoreCOAL

Fledgling Freddie
there must b a trick 2 make it happen. after all, gorre was 2 weeks in english , then 1 week in french after a 2-3mb dl n finally 1 week in german w another short dl. if u could find out what was the dl file...

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
The language and all the server messages are server side and you can't change them. You can change the language of your client but that won't change anything that isn't already in English (I assume that you connected with an english client anyway).

The reason you got a download after Gorre changed languages is because the language folder of your Gorre client got patched to the correct language so that your client would be in the same language version as the client. Strange things happen when the client language is different to the server language - skills like Climb Walls don't work for example so to prevent people reporting that sort of thing as a bug we applied a patch that would change the client language of your Gorre install.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom