Land registry stuff

Gray

FH is my second home
I have been asked to get some details in regards to an old family home, yet i have no idea where to actually start.

I believe it began with my Great-grandma, they owned a farm in County Fermanagh in Northern Ireland, and that was were my grandma was born. Anyway i believe in the mid 1900's they ended up leaving the property without even being paid for it.

She ended up in England and having her first child, however because she was only in her late teens-early 20s she had to give her up for adoption. The rest of the family never knew about this adoption until about 2 years ago, while the woman was infact now in her 80's.

So the history of Northern Ireland was brought up again, and everyone is slightly curious as to what happened to all this land, especially if the family wasn't paid anything for it.

I don't know what they expect to come out of it, but in the end i suppose it gives everyone peace of mind to see that nothing "malicious" came out of it. I checked some land registry website but i have absolutely no idea what to look for or where to begin!

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Afraid with NI stuff I can't be much help. There's a department of the NI government that does this as I understand it as the main Land Registry is Britain.

dysfunction

FH is my second home

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom