Lame scenarios

GReaper

Part of the furniture
Whilst I love the fact you can join scenarios anywhere in the zone for some fairly quick RvR action whilst you're doing PvE, I'm getting a bit fedup of some of the scenarios. Quite a few of the people I play find them annoying, they can ruin the fun at times.

Stonetroll Crossing - I actually thought this one was great at first, however once the first level 20 player came along with a personal mount my opinion changed. If either side has a level 20 with a horse then they're far more likely to win the scenario. Given that other scenarios have mounts disabled, why the hell doesn't this one?

Talabec Dam - Seemed okay until you get knocked back into mud and get stuck until someone kills you. This is not my idea of fun.

Tor Anroc - I'm sure this is great fun if you're a class which gets knockback, for everyone else it's a pure nightmare. Whoever designed such a map which allows people to knock you into lava to kill you rather quickly deserves to be shot. I don't mind the idea of knocking people out of play, but it shouldn't kill them in lava. It's highly imbalanced towards knockback classes.

I've had some great fun in scenarios, the two T1 scenarios (Nordenwatch and Khaine's Embrace) were fairly simple and great for all classes. I hope Mythic reconsiders some of these scenarios and improves them.

Spookie

Fledgling Freddie
Tor Anroc - I'm sure this is great fun if you're a class which gets knockback, for everyone else it's a pure nightmare. Whoever designed such a map which allows people to knock you into lava to kill you rather quickly deserves to be shot. I don't mind the idea of knocking people out of play, but it shouldn't kill them in lava. It's highly imbalanced towards knockback classes.

Oh shush it's a laugh. Get some mates on vent and it's great fun. :)

If you're a pug loner then yeah it's a right misery.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Whilst I love the fact you can join scenarios anywhere in the zone for some fairly quick RvR action whilst you're doing PvE, I'm getting a bit fedup of some of the scenarios. Quite a few of the people I play find them annoying, they can ruin the fun at times.

Stonetroll Crossing - I actually thought this one was great at first, however once the first level 20 player came along with a personal mount my opinion changed. If either side has a level 20 with a horse then they're far more likely to win the scenario. Given that other scenarios have mounts disabled, why the hell doesn't this one?

They don't you can use mounts in mourkain and phoenix as well, you just havn't seen it yet - also the mount only makes a real difference for the first grab in troll country.

GReaper

Part of the furniture
You can certainly use a mount in Phoenix Gate, however you can't use a mount whilst carrying the flag. It isn't so bad in Phoenix Gate - defenders can arrive before attackers on horses.

Mounts can still make a difference on other grab attempts, everyone gets kicked off so the fastest one up wins - which someone with an advantage can get there first.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
The groups with more level 20'ies have an advantage, the groups with people on vent have an advantage, the groups with healers have an advantage, the groups with less retards have an advantage...

The only problem I see for now is that they're should be team scenarios and random scenarios, no party should be allowed to join random scenarios, like in Guild Wars with random and team arena, everything else is pure farming. I can imagine that some are getting a hard on from playing with a set group at 4 am against randoms.

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
The groups with more level 20'ies have an advantage, the groups with people on vent have an advantage, the groups with healers have an advantage, the groups with less retards have an advantage...

The only problem I see for now is that they're should be team scenarios and random scenarios, no party should be allowed to join random scenarios, like in Guild Wars with random and team arena, everything else is pure farming. I can imagine that some are getting a hard on from playing with a set group at 4 am against randoms.

Team scenarios is an interresting idea, unfortunately im guessing the wait would be unbearable unless you were able to flag for both team and random at the same time so if another team isn't around, you can at least join normally.

Earl

Fledgling Freddie
Oh shush it's a laugh. Get some mates on vent and it's great fun. :)

If you're a pug loner then yeah it's a right misery.

I can't really describe people hiding behind rocks just to jump out and throw you into the lava as fun. I enjoy fighting, tactics where you're thrown out of combat for a while sure, but into lava that you can't get out of? :(

Dredge

Fledgling Freddie

I was pugging mourkin at 3:30am (on my 20 sorc...haha ranged disarm > melee) and were pretty much steamrolling Order. Its not grouping thats the issue, its playing with tools.

Basically I define a good group however as one with healers who heal me constantly while I AOE-spam at 100 dhar. ;)

ECA

I am a FH squatter
You can certainly use a mount in Phoenix Gate, however you can't use a mount whilst carrying the flag. It isn't so bad in Phoenix Gate - defenders can arrive before attackers on horses.

Mounts can still make a difference on other grab attempts, everyone gets kicked off so the fastest one up wins - which someone with an advantage can get there first.

About 90% of the ramp is safe, when you get the reset message or if you use your brain by looking at the timers you can jump off the top to safety.

Also you shouldnt be up there near a reset - you can stop people capping by damaging them - ie once a team steals a flag the opposite team should be following their capper, rooting him, snaring him and if he does make it to a flag then focusing entirely on him and trying to time out the capture attempt by spamming abilities onto him.

Hulixx

Fledgling Freddie
I really enjoyed the t1 dwarf/greenskin scenario Gates of Ekrund, small map with minimum running required, hardly no bugs i think? and generally pretty intense because of the size.

Tor Anroc has its flaws and compared to mourkain temple(very similar) it actually gives you a chance to turn the fight around even if the opposite faction gets the first catch or capping with a high lvl tank. What pisses me off is that im pretty sure destro got the favor of getting first cap. I play white lion, and even when i get a superb start i can still can get beaten several seconds by opposing marauders.

Rest of the scenarios in t1/2/3 are pretty much crap imo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom