Lame newbie question

N

noxtigris

First off, sorry about this, you are all probably sick of these sort of questions. But still:
I'm getting into the game in a few days and was wondering which server to go onto first. I'm planning on being an armsman(albion obviously). I'm in England on a 56k modem, so would the one other than excaliber(sorry forgot exact name) be better, being smaller, meaning less lag? I'd quite like to be "under attack" aswell, are there any servers where albion is struggling?

Thanks and sorry again.

N

Novamir

hib/pryd/hero
mid or hib/exc/hero or warrior

M

mirieth

Albion is sort of struggling here on Prydwen, more so than on Excalibur at least. I play on a 56k modem also and experience very little/no lag... except when someone picks the phone up in my house :ROFLMAO:

Feel free to /send Mirieth in-game for anything you might want to know about being an Armsman, I'd be more than happy to help you out :).

See you in Albion, I hope.

O

old.tRoG

The game runs fine on a 56k.

Pick whichever server you like, although Alb/Exc are renowned for their... LeeTNeSS *cough*
-And they zerg together like feathers on tar, even though they act more like the scalded person covered in the entrails of the aforementioned chicken.

Alb/Pry, well, I don't really know.

Ask a prydwenite. They should give you a clearer and more concise answer, as, being partly from ekxc4wiVuR, I tend to babble and not make sense. Or something.

Bah, just PM me any specific questions, I am a wealth of knowledge when the time is right, and venus is perfectly aligned with saturn while the moon is swivelling at a 35 degree angle and a spider is sneezing in bulgaria.

K

kr0n

Prydwen
Smaller, tighter community, good RvR fights

Excalibur
Bigger, lots of stupid people (aka the kiddies who chose the first server), a bit overcrowded in the most popular RvR place, Emain.

On Exca its a bit easier to level I think, due the amounts of players on all the time, but If I had to choose over one now again, Id choose Prydwen.

Lag shouldnt be any problem with 56k as someone said already.

I think on both servers there are no REAL underdogs anymore, seems kinda balanced overall. Prydwen Albion is decently organised, Mid have had a few problems but I think theyre getting their act together and Hib is there doing their job.

Your personal preferance really.

C

Cronn

Well considering we don't have any relics on Alb/Exc you could say we are the underdogs. :D

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Originally posted by mirieth
Albion is sort of struggling here on Prydwen

Yes, proven by four to five full groups in Thidranki every night.

:m00:

O

old.Hellskor

the only problem Alb got on Prydwen is, that you can't go anywhere without running into a bunch of them Tincans :cool:

N

Nightchill

besides certain guilds, I quite like alb/pryd :) made some great friends here.

M

mirieth

Originally posted by Jiggs
wouldnt advise an armsman tbh..

Armsmen do fine, they are just bland and very middle-of-the-road. A Paladin will keep one's interest much longer, and probably out performs an Armsman in most aspects, but that does not mean there is anything wrong with rolling an Armsman. If you want to play an Armsman, go for it :)

M

mirieth

Originally posted by Uncle Sick(tm)
Yes, proven by four to five full groups in Thidranki every night.

:m00:

Thidranki...

:puke:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom