Lair vs Iarnvidur vs Trollhiem?

P

peterplys

wich is best?

Xp,Drop,Cash wise ?

I'd say Iarnvidur, why ? dono, just like it, and not over camped wich is nice :)

/yes yes we know df rules :p

T

Tasans

Lair is the best for farming imo.
The bar in TH rocks for xp, but you need a nice group to handle it, since snemel adds a lot now.
Iarn dunno, same loot as TH but mobs are more scattered, and a little higher lvl than Th.

P

peterplys

one thing bugs me about Iarnvidur tho,

Ancient syver 4 Olgaline 0.. :(

;)

/olga

F

fanaticalace

If your looking for frequent drops then TH is the place to go - theres lots of named mobs within easy reach of each other. A compact capable grp can mobe between them and rack up an impressive amount of salvageable stuff. Best done at night when theres not many others there ;)

Larn is less visited - dunno why. Personally i like the look of the place and the fact that its almost always uncamped. There is also some excellent spots to exp a high level char on - drops are soso but selloot is ok as is the gold. It can be ahrd to navigate with lots of strange mobs with odd aggro habits. And by Tyr, i will see the Ancient Syver dead one of these days ^^

Lair... oh... well its great - no denying that. Some ppl like it (or put up with it), some dont. I was there myself and did levels 43+
Got bout 1.5p (maybe as much as 2 dont really remember) out of it (4-5 days/nights).

C

cadiva

Never been to Lair or H so dunno, can't comment on them.

Re Trollheim V Iarnvidiur's have to say I love both of these dungeons but Iarn is me fav of the two because I've died shitloads more in Trollheim.

Trollheim is harder to navigate and there's wierd LOS issues with mobs that can shoot you but you can't even see them on different platforms and god I hate Dagar and that damn Fostra Orm, I think they've both killed me/wiped our group out on at least 10 occasions.

Love Iarnvidiur's, I love the look of it, love the fact you can solo at the entrance (okay it takes some doing to get to the dungeon in the first place through Iarnwood itself) and there are some nice drops in it too.

Overall I think I'd rate Iarnvidiur's 9/10 and Trollheim 8/10. Love Tuscaren Glacier for the looks but sadly you need a bit more than one guild group to go farm through that.

Also, dunno how many others have been there, but the Redcap town Iss high on the zonewalll in Gripklosa Mountains is pretty cool too for xp and it looks great.

T

Tasans

Originally posted by cadiva

Overall I think I'd rate Iarnvidiur's 9/10 and Trollheim 8/10. Love Tuscaren Glacier for the looks but sadly you need a bit more than one guild group to go farm through that.

Try the passage left from the entrance. Mobs there are red/purple and can be duable with a group.

C

cadiva

Originally posted by Tasans
Try the passage left from the entrance. Mobs there are red/purple and can be duable with a group.

Oooooh thanks for the tip hon, will definitely give that a bash with our regular guild group then ;)

V

Vell

Sadly they don't seem to drop anything there :/

Well, not that I've seen anyway. I expect they do, just rarely or something.

T

Tasans

They drop, but its rare and not the uber weapons TG usually gives.

P

peterplys

Grrr...I want that damn ancient's skin..!!

this mob is slowly but surely becoming my personal Moby D.

Arrg thar she blows ;)

/olgaline..proud Officer of [Perfect Circle]

O

old.mattshanes

What lv is recommended to solo in trollheim and the Iarnwood dungeon?

C

cadiva

Originally posted by old.mattshanes
What lv is recommended to solo in trollheim and the Iarnwood dungeon?

Well you can probably just about push it at lvl 48 ish in Iarnvidiur's Lair at the entrance on the cabbys and little syvers. But, it's gonna depend on your class obviously.

The mobs at the entrance are blue/yellow/orange to my lvl 50 shammie.

Trollheim you can probably solo the entrance (ie actually outside the dungeon) from lvl 48 as well if you find a nice spot. The mobs that guard the dungeon entrance are green at lvl 50.
Inside is probably gonna need 2 people at least lvl 48 I would suggest as there's a fairly high mob just round the corner from the entrance in Trollheim.

B

Breni

Originally posted by peterplys
Grrr...I want that damn ancient's skin..!!

this mob is slowly but surely becoming my personal Moby D.

Arrg thar she blows ;)

/olgaline..proud Officer of [Perfect Circle]

Wolverines > Ancient Syver ;)

Seriously tho, it's a bitch. I would recommend having a PBT Runemaster in your group when you come across it. Without it, you'll be hard pressed to even scratch it.

The one mob in Iarnvidiur's Lair that I personally hate with a passion is Droom, a named Narfi close to the waterfall. Took a FG to it:

1x 50 Warrior
2x 50 Thane
1x 50 Runemaster
2x 50 Shaman
1x 47 Berserker
1x 48 Hunter

Barely scratched it. I think the best we've had it down to is around 75% health left. If anyone has ever beaten it or gotten close to the end of this fantastic dungeon, please let me know how you managed it. So far, Droom and the named Animus outside Iarnvidiur's room have defeated us every time :(

V

Vell

Originally posted by Breni
If anyone has ever beaten it or gotten close to the end of this fantastic dungeon, please let me know how you managed it. So far, Droom and the named Animus outside Iarnvidiur's room have defeated us every time :(

We've managed Droom several times, didn't think he was actually that hard. Trying to think of the group. Think it was:

1x50 Warrior (Thagred)
1x50 Berzerker (Oddorvard)
1x49 Thane (Edardof)
1x50 Healer (Me)
1x46 Healer (Risinn)
1x46 Shammy (Ailagh)
1x40 Shammy (Edoria)
1x40 Shammy (Naven)

So not a particularly strong group, we were just out on an xp session more than anything. But we didn't really have a problem with Droom, Thag and Oddor kept the aggro very nicely, and the seers just healed lots.

I think that's the key, get the cure disease spam going (that's the killer with Droom)

As for the named ugly thing, (the one that mezzes right?) he wiped about 4fg of us, we beat it with 4fg later on. Difficult one to call, depends on the syver pops near there, and whether the healers get mezzed early on. If they do then you've had it.

But the dogs past the ugly things are killer. Never got to Iarnvidiur herself....yet.

F

fanaticalace

We killed Droom on 6 ppl once.. then the adds killed us ^^

Have tried Ancient Syver many times now but never with a fgrp - it has become sort of a challenge to us to try and beat it with 4-5, maybe 6 ppl.. and we've actually been very close a couple times :)

Users who are viewing this thread