Lagg Screen shot inside

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
100% on third jump, thats really really close to you. u using a router or something? or LAN? doesent even look like ur getting as far as ur own ISP's server there.

Hubix

Fledgling Freddie
Using 1 Routre linked to 3 computers currently with AOL i asked them and they told me to reinstall the AOL client which did nothing as i dont use it.

ingame i keep getting the Middle Ping/Loss/FPS - Loss keeps going to Red then yellow hardly ever green

Gamah

Banned
Ctuchik said:
100% on third jump, thats really really close to you. u using a router or something? or LAN? doesent even look like ur getting as far as ur own ISP's server there.

He is getting to his ISP..basicly theres a problem with the 3rd Hop on your way to the server. It's AOL's problem, phone them and ask to talk to the supervisor not a monkey.

Hubix

Fledgling Freddie
Gamah said:
He is getting to his ISP..basicly theres a problem with the 3rd Hop on your way to the server. It's AOL's problem, phone them and ask to talk to the supervisor not a monkey.

ok Thanks the last guy could hardly speak english :(

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Hop 3 is irrelevant, it's just a router set not to respond to pings.

I'd suggest running a plot for a longer time to see better.

However, that is a huge pingtime to the hop 2. I have about 30ms ping to the DAOC servers, through about 15 routers, you have more than 6 times that to the first router ! Or is it just that it's dialup ?

If Camelot is your issue I recommend running the pingplot to the Server, rather than to something else in the internet.

Darzil

Hubix

Fledgling Freddie
Darzil said:
Hop 3 is irrelevant, it's just a router set not to respond to pings.

I'd suggest running a plot for a longer time to see better.

However, that is a huge pingtime to the hop 2. I have about 30ms ping to the DAOC servers, through about 15 routers, you have more than 6 times that to the first router ! Or is it just that it's dialup ?

If Camelot is your issue I recommend running the pingplot to the Server, rather than to something else in the internet.

Darzil

its not dailup its 8mb broadband only started getting these problems 4 days ago.

Pirkel

Fledgling Freddie
Very little point in blanking out that first 10.etc.etc.etc ip adress man that's an ip on your local network. If you want to keep bad people off your pc you want to blank out the second one as that is your ip to the outside world.

Gamah

Banned
Pirkel said:
Very little point in blanking out that first 10.etc.etc.etc ip adress man that's an ip on your local network. If you want to keep bad people off your pc you want to blank out the second one as that is your ip to the outside world.

Hack my my IP is 192.168.2.5 :<!

Killswitch

FH is my second home
I've managed to hack Gamah's IP address...everyone point your evil hacking tools at 127.150.101.27 and go to work!!!

If you know how to use nmap, you should see all kinds of open ports at that IP address...then just flood for all your worth!!!

(ps I cannot be held responsible if some of our hacker readers try this...)

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
hop 2 and hop 4 look bad - both within the aol network.

It's possibly just hop 2 screwing up the hop 4 reading though.

Hop 2 is the other end of your broadband (i.e. from your adsl modem to aol) so could be a bad line or a misconfigured modem or something wrong at the other end. Talk to AOL :)

Hubix

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
hop 2 and hop 4 look bad - both within the aol network.

It's possibly just hop 2 screwing up the hop 4 reading though.

Hop 2 is the other end of your broadband (i.e. from your adsl modem to aol) so could be a bad line or a misconfigured modem or something wrong at the other end. Talk to AOL :)

easier said than done. None of them speak english and when u tell them the problem they tell you to restart the computer rofl. its like talking to a brick wall.

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
Hubix said:
easier said than done. None of them speak english and when u tell them the problem they tell you to restart the computer rofl. its like talking to a brick wall.
Switch to a different ISP if the customer service is that wank. Lag aswell as shitty service = bye bye.

Gibbo

Fledgling Freddie
You have very large pings the whole way through that plot.

I had a similar problem with my old ISP (not AOL i might add), I too was getting constant Yellow for the packet loss indictor. It sounds like your ISP is doing Packet/Traffic Shaping on their network, this is a method where they prioritise the data through there network to ensure the majority get a decent connection, typically it is used to curb peer to peer speeds.

The problem I had with my old ISP is that they didn't think gaming was a high priority and therefore despite repeated requests and their techies acknowledging on forums that this was the problem they never fixed it properly.

I would get onto your ISP about it.

Hubix

Fledgling Freddie
Gonna change ISP to bulldog next week then gotta chage everything to a new email. zzzzz, on a good note i checked credit card bills and they havnt charged me for the last 6 months lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom