Lag

C

Custy

nah, hardly ever get lag and thats pretty good when there are 6000+ connected to the same server and i am on 64K ISDN.

Occasionally when i am flying for a long time and i change direction or do something in game my ship backtracks by a couple of meters, no big deal tho.

D

Drum

I wonder if you are referring to the occassional freezes that seem to happen. As far as I am aware these are not lag as such, but some memory/processor problems with the client. Something that I have found to be a great help is to make sure that you close the people & places window when you have finished using it (actually close it rather than just minimize it). I used to get these freezes, but since I started closing people & places I have not had any problems.

E

eve_blackeagle

Thanks for the Tip.

Someone ingame also explained memory loss, fixed by rebooting, which has also helped.

Cheers

S

-sirch-

Of course, you could always increase you memory to overcome the leaks. Ive got 256 MB, and im regularly having to reboot in busy soloarsystems. People with 512MB say its still a problem, but the people with 2GB say that im a st00pid n00b, and theres nothing wrong with the game.

B

Bazerka

I've definitely noticed an increase in lag over the past 3 weeks, ranging from the typical "bungee" rewinds to commands not being acted upon for 40+ seconds).

Fortunately, most of my time has been spent mining, so it's not really been an issue for me :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom