Lag spikes last couple days?

F

freemem

Anyone else suffered some major lag spikes random times (not zerg area related) in last couple of days?

Was smooth after server upgrade but last couple of days have been real pain, lag-o-meter seems to react slow but does go red, 5-10 sec delays and random LD's several times a day?

If you are having these, post your country just if its routing related (Finland in my case).

A

Akuma-San

Yup been having them lately... finland here also.

I noticed the opentransit stockholm router was returning tons of 'time limit exceeded's' during the lag spikes in daoc.

On a side note if your isp is Elisa or one of the smaller ones in it they've been doing loads of maintenance during the past 4-5 days mainly during nights.

W

WardyWonderland

No problems for me but was on a Krondon raid other day when about 10+ people all from Holland, Sweden areas went LD and had trouble getting back in.

E

enkor

finland here too, been having huge lag aswell (5s+)...

If you're a welho customer they were doing some maintenace last night as well i think... (my lag was before that though :mad: )

D

Darkdancer.

Theres been some mega thunderstorms over france/uk in the last few days, this may be effecting connections and stuff.

K

kathal_tdd

I have had 2 accounts online the last few days.
One crafting in Jordheim and one all over mid.
Once in a while my char in Jordheim LDed. I could see in /gu that others in my guild had the same probles and some with 1 out 2 chars LDing.
That rules out the connection problem. So it’s a server problem imo, SW or HW.

G

geldor

ive gone ld 1nce expingin i went ld 2 times in a row an 2 times durin the day flat out ld when crafting i live in england

and 1nc just now an i cant get onto theri weby ether

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

My con just died as well. I had an uber camp spot and now I have probably lost it. :(

B

Bellona

denmark here, problems too. lag spikes, LDs, server errors

S

Sixpack

Yup, constantly US patching too. Does not help to change uppdate.dat tho. My second account has been reinstalled 3 times the last 2 days now because of us patching :/

S

Shaki/Aeis

Had 4-14 sec lagg spikes yesterday. I live in Sweden.

S

Sibanac

no lag in daoc, i am in belgium
but i got a server in DK and been having a hell of a time connecting lots of packet loss and sometimes i get routed thru New York to get to denmark so samething samewhere is on the blink

A

Asq

7 ld's just this morning, 2 times trying to connect to US server (including having update.dat set to read-only), lag-spikes, not being able to see / open ingame menues.... should I continue?

D

deerstalker

Originally posted by Darkdancer.
Theres been some mega thunderstorms over france/uk in the last few days, this may be effecting connections and stuff.

Yep, I'm in Paris not far from the servers, and my net conection changes with the weather, before a thunderstorm and for a couple of hours after I get huge lag spikes.

Other than that just the normal peek times, lunch (bored workers surfing ) early evening ( AOL crowd trying to figure out how to click a link ) and late at night ( the "Descerning" single men ;) )

DS.

C

congin

yup have had the same problem for 3-4 days now... live in sweden

B

benknuser

Lag and ld's

Well, i ld'ed alot some days ago (probably when you had the same problem). And i had sick lag. Got my group killed, cuz i was the main tank and they kept pulling when is was ld :(

Denmark here btw. My guild complained about it too...Some of them anyway.

H

Hothnog

Bad for me last couple day, saturday was really a no play day for me, was lucky if i stayed in game 30 mins without going ld, longist in game was just over a hour before a ld, shortist was like 5 secounds. Been in touch with my isp and they swear blind there is nothing up there end.

Not downloaded anything that might change stuff, double and tripple checked my puter, cleaned it, scan,defrag etc. even reinstaled daoc and yet still the same :(

Users who are viewing this thread