Lag question (not the usual one!)

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Ok, we all know there is a lot of Lag about at the moment, causing long pauses in gameplay (that can be fatal), and lots of LD's.

However, I've been wondering whether there is anything we can do reduce the chance of LD'ing.

Are there any network settings that can be tweaked that give a better chance of surviving lag without going LD? Some people seem to manage to go LD with every spike, whereas others (luckily myself) very rarely go LD. Anyone got any idea what the difference is ?

Is it just that some people have a poorer connection, so lag pushes it over the edge more easily ? Or is there more to it than that.

I know for a while my home network was causing a few dropped packets every so often, and that lag on top of that would cause LD's, but without that I could just about play.

Darzil

Jayce

Fledgling Freddie
It seems a simple little thing, but as soon as you notice lag in the game stop. Just stop doing things, if your on auto run or your stuck to someone tap your back arrow once and do nothing until it passes.

This will not 100% stop you from going LD but it will help you live through bad lag without an LD at the end.

Natswoo

Banned
I found even turing off spell effects helps, xping wizzie was terrible using a 56k until i did

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom